Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:43:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mayzus Financial Services: btc-e, OKPay, MoneyPolo...  (Read 726 times)
simpic (OP)

Activity: 1237
Merit: 789

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:38:03 PM

Hello, is Mayzus Financial Services a company behind btc-e, OKPay, MoneyPolo and so on?
Since btc-e has been seized by US Governement, what about the other services?

Could be riskful to keep using OKPay?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:02:31 PM

https://www.okpay.com/de/company/news/mayzus-official-statement-in-connection-with-btc-e-closure/

That's what they themselves have to say. I doubt it's that simple myself.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:03:01 AM

Hello, is Mayzus Financial Services a company behind btc-e, OKPay, MoneyPolo and so on?

It's all very bizarre. First, the US government says nothing about seized funds. Second, OKPAY says in their blog that they have voluntarily frozen accounts that they believe are associated with the exchange (and forwarded information to law enforcement). And BTC-e confirmed that [some of] their fiat bank accounts are frozen by Mayzus -- not the US government, but by Mayzus.

BTC-e has been using Mayzus for years to process much of their fiat money. It's been speculated on more than one occasion that the exchange itself functioned partly as a front for Mayzus in a larger money laundering ring. I find it very odd that the US government didn't freeze Mayzus accounts (as far as anyone has said). It's also very odd that the US government didn't announce how much money was frozen/seized. That's usually front-and-center in the press releases.

Something is very off about this whole thing. It seems like the US government may have botched the whole thing pretty bad. I suspect there are close ties between Mayzus and the BTC-e owners. Some of BTC-e's recent announcements almost made it sound like they have an expectation to recover fiat funds frozen by Mayzus. Presumably a lot of that money is out of the reach of the US government, too. Their publicly known bank account was in Mongolia, ffs...

To answer your question, nobody has any idea what the hell is going on. It's definitely unsafe to use OKPAY and Moneypolo right now. I'd even be concerned about fiat funds withdrawn from their services right now, in case they get drawn into this BTC-e mess. Sergey Mayzus' reaction was a very clear attempt to cover his ass. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes? Who knows what level of involvement Vinnik had, or what he knows, or what he told the feds?
R2Pleasent

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

Owner@ CryptoFundingTracker.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 02:25:59 AM

It's all very bizarre. First, the US government says nothing about seized funds. Second, OKPAY says in their blog that they have voluntarily frozen accounts that they believe are associated with the exchange (and forwarded information to law enforcement). And BTC-e confirmed that [some of] their fiat bank accounts are frozen by Mayzus -- not the US government, but by Mayzus.

BTC-e has been using Mayzus for years to process much of their fiat money. It's been speculated on more than one occasion that the exchange itself functioned partly as a front for Mayzus in a larger money laundering ring. I find it very odd that the US government didn't freeze Mayzus accounts (as far as anyone has said). It's also very odd that the US government didn't announce how much money was frozen/seized. That's usually front-and-center in the press releases.

Something is very off about this whole thing. It seems like the US government may have botched the whole thing pretty bad. I suspect there are close ties between Mayzus and the BTC-e owners. Some of BTC-e's recent announcements almost made it sound like they have an expectation to recover fiat funds frozen by Mayzus. Presumably a lot of that money is out of the reach of the US government, too. Their publicly known bank account was in Mongolia, ffs...

To answer your question, nobody has any idea what the hell is going on. It's definitely unsafe to use OKPAY and Moneypolo right now. I'd even be concerned about fiat funds withdrawn from their services right now, in case they get drawn into this BTC-e mess. Sergey Mayzus' reaction was a very clear attempt to cover his ass. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes? Who knows what level of involvement Vinnik had, or what he knows, or what he told the feds?

This is highly unlikely, but imagine Mayzus froze the money to separate themselves from BTC-e, but did it in a way that wouldn't hold up to a lawsuit.  That way, BTC-e can take it back in a hostile fashion, and Mayzus washes their hands of the situation.  They lose the lawsuit on purpose, cut ties with BTC-e, and both parties carry on their own paths.

Owner & Co-Founder @ CryptoFundingTracker.com
simpic (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:32:16 PM

https://www.okpay.com/de/company/news/mayzus-official-statement-in-connection-with-btc-e-closure/

Thank you for your link, I missed it.
When they said "all accounts of legal entities or individuals whom we considered as possibly related to the BTC-E exchange, are blocked, which was properly reported to the financial regulatory authorities", do they mean BTC-e employees only or even normal BTC-e users that send them their documents?

Yes I see, it seems obvious that it is pretty unsafe to use OKPay or MoneyPolo now.

a31078

Activity: 340
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:17:02 PM

I dont think the US Government sees the whole Mayzus conglomerate as one otherwise they would have seized them all together more so; it is not advisable to leave money on both moneypolo amd okpay, just transact and remove your cash until the water is settled.
MAbtc

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:22:30 PM

Thank you for your link, I missed it.
When they said "all accounts of legal entities or individuals whom we considered as possibly related to the BTC-E exchange, are blocked, which was properly reported to the financial regulatory authorities", do they mean BTC-e employees only or even normal BTC-e users that send them their documents?

I took that to mean accounts, legal entities and officers (of said entities) with ties to operating the exchange. Mayzus is in the business of money transmission, so I don't think their regular end user customers would be reported to the authorities. It is the operators of BTC-e, not its customers, who are formally accused of money laundering.

I dont think the US Government sees the whole Mayzus conglomerate as one otherwise they would have seized them all together more so; it is not advisable to leave money on both moneypolo amd okpay, just transact and remove your cash until the water is settled.

Generally true. After my experiences with online poker (regarding Usemywallet/ECOpay and others), I don't trust third party money transmitters for a second. Once something goes wrong, your money is locked up for months. And they may just disappear. In the case of OKPAY, I don't think they are necessarily clear of this mess with BTC-e. After all, the US government wants its money!
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:58:24 AM

I must say that it is very risky on your side to still use OKPay. Even though nothing happened to the said company, it would be best to avoid them and check for other alternatives. Let them settle it first and wait for the final information (real information) about the existing matter. You don't want to tie your money to them when there is uncertainty in the conglomerate.

simpic (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:50:00 AM

I must say that it is very risky on your side to still use OKPay. Even though nothing happened to the said company, it would be best to avoid them and check for other alternatives. Let them settle it first and wait for the final information (real information) about the existing matter. You don't want to tie your money to them when there is uncertainty in the conglomerate.
You are right, I agree.
Anyway... what are the alternatives to OKPay? I mean payment processors that are used by Bitcoin exchanges. PerfectMoney?

MAbtc

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:10:46 AM

You are right, I agree.
Anyway... what are the alternatives to OKPay? I mean payment processors that are used by Bitcoin exchanges. PerfectMoney?

It depends where you are located and which exchange you are trying to use. The only exchange I knew that used PerfectMoney was BTC-e. I may have seen it as an option on SimpleFx (bucket shop broker).

Bitstamp and Kraken allow wire transfers in. That's usually the cheaper option (at least if you are trying to move a good deal of money). Coinbase/GDAX allow free ACH transfers for US customers. I generally try to avoid third party payment processors because of the higher fees.
alexluthor

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:29:07 AM

BEWARE: Mayzus Financial Services is SCAM.

I sent a SEPA transfer to Mayzus (beneficiary BTC-e) on July 24. After I saw the BTC-e website down, I asked the Mayzus to stop the transfer. The support talked with the financial team and said when the money arrived in Mayzus bank account, they will return the money to my bank account (on Moneypolo chatbox and e-mail).

One day later, they sent another e-mail saying that the money had been transferred to BTC-e account. They failed to stop the transfer intentionally and locked my money.

Search on Google: SCAM Mayzus Financial Services Moneypolo.  You will find several information about other people scammed by Mayzus.

I will post later evidences of e-mails from Mayzus.

AGAIN: Mayzus Financial Services is SCAM.

warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:44:38 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2017, 02:39:50 AM by warningsigns

If you touch these services, you will burn your fingers... and your wallet and bank account.

These group of exchanges are run by a consortium of felons. As you can see, they operate in jurisdictions where you will find it extremely difficult to recover your funds in the event of the inevitable. Take for example btc-e, even if say they weren't seized, your best option would be to beg and plead for them to return your funds. No chance or recourse if you opt for something along the lines of approaching the Russian authorities in person.

Mayzus.. this word has been on the web for years. They seem to operate with impunity. Their Czech bank won't close their accounts, despite floods of complaints. Czech authorities won't touch them.

btctaipei

Activity: 141
Merit: 62

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 09:48:31 AM

Risky or not - you decide!

I went thru full KYC verification and wired 35000 Euro [Euro] into Mayzus on 25th Jul, and two month later fund is still stuck at Mayzus and they are unable to either credit or return even 1 Euro to my bank account!

The details are as follow:

I opened account at xbtce and they did full KYC verification for the btc-e at the time.  I don't care about all the USA NAZI KYC because I operate taxi for decades for a living can proof these fund are MY lifetime savings!  Unlike the nazis from the USA there is no point to evade taxes here in Taiwan because less than 8% of your income ever goes into taxes.  Fund were withdrawn from my local Taiwanese bank foreign currency high interest savings account and I am a native Taiwanese citizen for my entire life and had nothing to do USA and no stinky US Dollar => I spent a whole month get verified via xbtce and once I provided passport, utility bill, car registration and other address verification document via xbtce and once my status is verified on both xbtce and received private message on btc-e that my account was verified and legal, 35k Euro was wired into Mayzus on July 22 and on the wire request with my local Taiwanese bank I specified and put in China Construction Bank in Tokyo as correspondence bank.  That went nowhere so on Jul 25th citi bank was used as correspondence bank into NAIMMNUB in Ulaanbaatar without telling me about it.  If they have told me about it I would asked them to cancel the wire because I don't like doing business with crook banks related to USA.  We did a trace and my bank confirmed fund fully entered Mayzus Financial Service on the 27th of Jul.

A few days later, the Mayzus Financial service first attempted to return the fund because the exchange is closed, as their policy is to return the balance to the sender.   They broke the wire into two smaller amount and send it between 8 - 9th August and they both got rejected by correspondence bank (Chartered) on its way back to my Taiwanese bank, which then informed me about this situation.  

There is no further attempt from Mayzus/Moneypolo  to return this wire until I email their support about this.  Their ticket system is there to make sure you receive no support, because every email or follow up email (even when kept the same subject line intact) it generates a new one, yet response to the same support ticket # were no deeper than 2 level drills down on that same threaded conversation!  As the time of writing, they are (162447, 164221, 166501, 166708, 165403, 165179, 164242).  Nearly all of them are unresponsive “deadbeat” answers and some were not even looked at after a week (Oh yea, 24-48 hours response? No weekends? How about full loads of happy polo horseshit).

Here comes the fraudulent intent part: after numerous inquiry Mayzus would not share any detail about returning wire into my Taiwanese account, citing "finance department was looking into the situation “at this time: Moneypolo is unable to provide further explanation.  They thought I am noob so they cleverly crafted deceptive answer like "Can you ask your bank to return the wire" when it is obvious that with SWIFT only sender can trace the wire and make any inquiry to its current status to its beneficiary.  When the money then bounced from their correspondence bank (Standard Charter, another USA befriended multinational crook bank) back to Mayzus, those genius then try the exact same bank to return the entire about at once a month later on 2017.09.06!  

Since then weeks have gone by and no refund is seen anywhere!  Not even 1 Euro – The truth is, it does not take 2 weeks to recall a wire that was not received by beneficiary.  2 bloody month went by and 35000 euro still went missing! Risky? You bet it is!

my PGP Key https://pastebin.com/b7nYutWC
pgp key server search 0x4BCC117F9EFB1A97
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:43:40 AM

Since then weeks have gone by and no refund is seen anywhere!  Not even 1 Euro – The truth is, it does not take 2 weeks to recall a wire that was not received by beneficiary.  2 bloody month went by and 35000 euro still went missing! Risky? You bet it is!

I'm sorry to read about your experience but I so love the way you despise anything related to or connected with the US. I too have a deep and unwavering hatred for anything which relates to that country. The people are fine but the government's disturbing habit of sticking it's nose deep into matters which are none of their business is a thorny topic for me. Intrusive, nosy and meddling would be just some of the adjectives I would use for this. Bitcoin is making slow and painful progress in integration with traditional banking and global commerce because of the US's unrelenting and shameless meddling in the financial affairs of both Americans and non-Americans.

Mayzus might be a dodgy exchange but if you look at the overall picture and dig deeper in to the more troubling aspects of this scam, you will find that it all boils down to the US's tight grip on the global financial markets (and the operating rules governing those markets) which caused all your difficulties and those of many others wondering why or how their monies are stuck and immovable.

WINNIE_POOL

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:08:22 PM

moneypolo, btce & wex is scammers, pls help me to return my money
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2253412.0
simpic (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:17:10 PM

What is happened to OKPay (okpay.com)? Now everything on the site seems to refers to Weezzo. Has OKPay been rebranded to a new company name?

I also tried to login to my OKPay.eu, but my account seems not to exist anymore. If I try to ask for password I get the following message:

We couldn't find any Weezzo account using <MY EMAIL ADDRESS>. Try again or create a new account.

Anyone here know more about this?

figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:55:44 PM

What is happened to OKPay (okpay.com)? Now everything on the site seems to refers to Weezzo. Has OKPay been rebranded to a new company name?

I also tried to login to my OKPay.eu, but my account seems not to exist anymore. If I try to ask for password I get the following message:

We couldn't find any Weezzo account using <MY EMAIL ADDRESS>. Try again or create a new account.

Anyone here know more about this?

looks very worrisome for anyone with money at okpay. it looks to me like an overnight rebranding, and anytime i've ever seen that it means old customers getting stiffed.

if you check the google cache, it was reportedly organized as "OKPAY CY Ltd." now, the site lists the operator as "Weezzo CY Ltd." they both list the same electronic money institution license in cyprus, which seems wrong.

on an okpay page, they had previously listed weezzo as a "partner."

this is just speculation. i assume weezzo is just another Mayzus company. knowing Mayzus, i'm guessing things are getting "hot" and he is cutting and running. he runs an elaborate web of shell companies, payment processors and brokerages. most of the companies are fly by night. they are intended to exist only for a number of years until things get too hot (law enforcement, financial regulators) and they are shut down and disappear.

hoping for the best though. Lips sealed

Conasse

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Culotte Jaune Officielle

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:16:54 PM

try your login details with the moneypolo website

Please note that starting from March 28, 2018 your Weezzo account will be moved to MoneyPolo's domain: https://my.moneypolo.com/Weezzo.
This has been done to provide a better and unified interface due to a merger with Mayzus Financial Services Ltd. (dba MoneyPolo) earlier last year.

Bouffe ma chatte, pas la planète!
repackator

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 01:39:36 PM

Looks like all this little story is now taking a whole other new aspect :

Mayzus = BTC-e
Mayzus = WEX
Mayzus = Liberty Reserve
Mayzus = Instaforex

And apparently more to come from this thread :

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/threads/unfolding-the-mystery-behind-instaforex-real-owners-and-activities.61329/page-5#post-342540
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: