Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:37:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does bitcoin has constantly increasing its price lately?  (Read 1292 times)
Anyobsss (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:10:54 PM

I'm just curious how bitcoin is rapidly increasing its value. Just last month its value was only around 2000 USD then suddenly after the fork it has constantly increased its price and now reached 4000 USD. Are there any reason why bitcoin has constantly rising? Can we expect that this month it will reach 5000 USD?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:23:43 PM

There can be several reasons for this and few of them according to my opinion are ;
1. No panic of 2 bitcoins.
2. New investors investing in bitcoin after seeing a huge pump on price.
3. Some whales manipulating price artificially to pull out profit when it will be at peak.
4. Many people buying bitcoin with their altcoins to ride on current bull run.

Price can't keep increasing like this so I am expecting a correction soon.
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:41:22 PM

Because people all over the world are starting to see it for what it is. A valuable rare asset that can be used to transmit value anywhere almost instantly. This kind of technology has never existed before so the first accepted one is probably going to get pretty huge. It has momentum and growing adoption which is always a good thing. Also the fear is gone from the fork and markets hate fear, so this is just releasing all that pent up demand.

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:43:13 PM

Bitcoin is the best idea in finance in a century. People are starting to figure that out.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:01:37 PM

Bitcoin has constantly increasing its price lately maybe because there were increase in demand. Many countries are starting to adapt it and legalize it one by one and maybe there are more investors on Bitcoin because they see that it has a big potebtial to be the universal currency.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2226
Merit: 786

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:11:04 PM

I'm just curious how bitcoin is rapidly increasing its value. Just last month its value was only around 2000 USD then suddenly after the fork it has constantly increased its price and now reached 4000 USD. Are there any reason why bitcoin has constantly rising? Can we expect that this month it will reach 5000 USD?

Almost everyone feared the August 1 fork and fortunately, it turned out to be a bust in the market. Right now, more people are confidently investing bitcoins and the demand increased across the countries. Not to mention, some even legalized the usage of bitcoins and even accepted it as a form of payment. Another thing, its reputation is increasing everyday and more people are beginning to realize its existence which results to attracting new investors.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
germa66

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:11:41 PM

Because now more and more people are already familiar with bitcoin, and they are beginning to realize that bitcoin will be very valuable in the next 5-10 years, and many big investors are starting to invest in bitcoin.

kyatir

Activity: 188

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:21:44 PM

I think there are several reasons why Bitcoin is rising generally. There are many geopolitical and economic reasons lying underneath such as rising debt levels in some of the prominent economies around the world, rate hike by the Federal Reserve and, to some extent, exhausted monetary policy options available with central banks. Russia and China are accepting Bitcoin as an alternative to the USD. Generally I see a bright future for cryptocurriencies.
Btw. I'm new here.  Cheesy I am looking forward to have some interesting discussions.  Cool
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:26:44 PM

I think that the price is going up because the whales bought a lot of coins during the July panic for around $ 2000. Now they have removed from the market the coins, raised the prices and are selling them. Once the demand has decreased or they will be over the limit again they'll drop the price.
SONG GEET

Activity: 700

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:38:44 PM

Can we expect that this month it will reach 5000 USD?
Yes I think it can easily cross that level by end of this august and might be over $10k by end of this year. Demand for bitcoin as a safe investment asset has increased sharply in recent months and also high speculation about segwit activation have fueled the current massive bull run.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:53:27 PM

I am also curious. At first it was the August 1 effect. BCH airdrop converting into BTC that push the price up. Then it was segwit locking in that continues the push. But I do not know what keeps the price going up now. Maybe it is the effect of the hype of the two events that keeps pushing it. I do not know if it reach 5000$ but it does not yet break the resistance of 4300$ so I think it will take some more time before it reaches 5k.
wearepoor

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:58:02 PM

Japan and South Korea has the major global market for the bitcoins. Investors from Japan and South Korea are the main reason behind the global rise of the bitcoins. Mainly retail investors have shown their faith in bitcoins and these new buyers are seeing the bitcoin as a alternative asset much like gold. Yes, there is a strong possibility for bitcoins to reach $5000 in coming months.
ClvrGmr

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 08:39:01 AM

As far as i know bitcoin is limited. With this we can imply that as its number decrease it will increase in value. Since today more and more investors come to bitcoin and many more are being involved. Those who invest and become involve will, for sure, have their own bitcoin thus decreasing the number of bitcoins. But within a month with $5000 is I can say not so sure because we reached $4300 but suddenly go down again for about $4000. The inconsistency of its value makes it hard to predict.
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:43:41 AM

The levels of awareness about Bitcoin have increased significantly, due to extensive coverage in the media and many other things. People all over the world are choosing Bitcoin as an interesting investment opportunity, the demand is great, that's why the price is increasing
JofryTheKing

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:46:08 AM

Bitcoin is beginning to become more popular, more people are joining it, making transactions and thereby increasing the price of bitcoin. It's great that there is no bad news and it can constantly grow up.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:49:04 AM

In summary, the fork gave most of the holders a free money that came from it's splitted coin, the bitcoin cash. And majority aren't going to support this coin so everyone is selling this and after getting profit. The bitcoin's that came from selling will be used for buying bitcoin as everyone's mindset is to keep on buying while there's time.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:00:54 AM

There are so many varied reasons for this sudden surge of Bitcoin's value but all of these things have been predicted to come right after the SegWit implementation because the scaling debate is already ending and we already have the picture of what can happen if there will be that future split. Bitcoin then became more robust and energetic.

Before August 1, there was this deluge of so many ideas, opinions, lies and hypes that were predicting a very dire scenario for Bitcoin...some were even suggesting that we can lost our Bitcoin especially if they are just left in the exchange...what happened is the opposite and in fact I glad I did not listen to those baseless speculations.
AleSergio

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:29:44 AM

There are so many varied reasons for this sudden surge of Bitcoin's value but all of these things have been predicted to come right after the SegWit implementation because the scaling debate is already ending and we already have the picture of what can happen if there will be that future split. Bitcoin then became more robust and energetic.

Before August 1, there was this deluge of so many ideas, opinions, lies and hypes that were predicting a very dire scenario for Bitcoin...some were even suggesting that we can lost our Bitcoin especially if they are just left in the exchange...what happened is the opposite and in fact I glad I did not listen to those baseless speculations.
Agree with you. Bitcoin was dropping to 2000$ only because of speculation, that everything will be ruined due to BCH. Everything changes when BCH released and people start buying bitcoins again, you can also check that a market cap has increased significantly.

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:18:19 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2017, 12:50:25 PM by krishnapramod

I think the major reason for increase in bitcoins price is, institutional and retail investors are trading in bitcoins, especially in Japan, since bitcoin being legal gives these investors the opportunity to trade in a regulated environment. GMO, Japan's largest forex market had launched a bitcoin exchange couple of months ago, targeting retail investors in their day trading platform to trade in bitcoins.

ICOs definitely boosts bitcoins and ETH price. Filecoin ICO raised $252 million.

Segwit.

US-North Korea tension might be a small factor.
ladydark

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:35:27 PM

Segwit was quite expected by bitcoin holders to solve the high fee transaction problem.Bitcoin network was suffering before one month due to thousands of transactions stuck.Some predicted that bitcoin price may even crash due to hard fork.So,more people were not ready to invest in buying new bitcoins and they took the stand to just wait and watch.Thats why bitcoin price was low until august 1 and aftre that all of a sudden,bitcoin price began to skyrocket since buyers once again got more confidence that bitcoin is a ever increasing coin.As they all started to buy at sma time,bitcoin price almost doubled of its previous price of last month.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: