Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:34:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to develop Blockchain Project?  (Read 1030 times)
wh04m1 (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:22:04 PM

How do I develop a Blockchain based project? Does it make sense to use ethereum for this?

Bitcoin has a distributed structure. Do private companies have to use a distributed structure like this when developing their own projects? For example, can anyone access the Blockchain records in the banking or finance sector?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 05:58:46 PM

You can develop blockchain based project by the solidity language of ethereum but you should have basic understanding of blockchain before all.

sweetdesirez

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:48:28 PM

How do I develop a Blockchain based project? Does it make sense to use ethereum for this?

Bitcoin has a distributed structure. Do private companies have to use a distributed structure like this when developing their own projects? For example, can anyone access the Blockchain records in the banking or finance sector?

Yes, it does make sense to use ethereum blockchain, but that is one of the many blockchains! Bitcoin has its own blockchain, so does all cryptocurrencies. Then there are some who use the same blockchain like ethereum and waves for their tokens.
Yes, if they start to use blockchain in the banking and financial sector, the record will be accessible (rather viewable is the best term) if the blockchain is public. They can have their private blockchain if they want.
apostopher

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:17:36 PM

pluralsight has a video tutorial that might help https://app.pluralsight.com/library/courses/blockchain-fundamentals/table-of-contents it covers etherium blockchain and a demo app using solidity.
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 11:56:44 PM

There are several videos online you can use to start with.you also need to get in touch with a developer to mentor you.Ethereum is better if you ask me  but bitshares is also another good blockchain with relatively more transactions per minute.

Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:59:22 PM

Do you have any idea about how to develop blockchain? Yes, you can use ethereum, but for what purpose? as a way to crowdfunding or as infrastructure system?
If you want to develop your own blockchain, there are some questions to answer, such as:
- what type of blockchain you want to implement.
- Then, you have to decide on how you’re going to build your mining community.
- Next, you’ll have to figure out how to get the larger community interested in your blockchain. There are literally thousands of
  blockchains available in the world today, and the noise crowds out many new competitors.

https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-build-a-blockchain
AttractiveMallard

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:05:28 AM

fake news. real nasty guy. i hear bad things
freemanjackal

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:27:39 AM

depends on what do you want to accomplish, linux foundation has a project, hyperledger, for blockchain development, it is a very interesting project, supported by big players, it is permissioned blockchain and does not have any cryptocurrency associated, one of the incubator projects has integration ethereum blockchain, take a look ...
wh04m1 (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:57:06 PM

Yes, it does make sense to use ethereum blockchain, but that is one of the many blockchains! Bitcoin has its own blockchain, so does all cryptocurrencies. Then there are some who use the same blockchain like ethereum and waves for their tokens.

Where do we store our blocks when we develop a blockchain-based project with Ethereum? Anyone who develops projects using Ethereum is adding blocks to the Ethereum network?

Yes, if they start to use blockchain in the banking and financial sector, the record will be accessible (rather viewable is the best term) if the blockchain is public. They can have their private blockchain if they want.

The purpose of blockchain projects is to ensure that everyone has access. But banks will want to hide their data when they use the Blockchain infrastructure for their own projects. Then they will get away from being a distributed and transparent structure. How do banks or financial institutions today monitor Blockchain projects?
wh04m1 (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:08:44 PM

Do you have any idea about how to develop blockchain? Yes, you can use ethereum, but for what purpose? as a way to crowdfunding or as infrastructure system?
If you want to develop your own blockchain, there are some questions to answer, such as:
- Next, you’ll have to figure out how to get the larger community interested in your blockchain. There are literally thousands of
  blockchains available in the world today, and the noise crowds out many new competitors.

Initially, I am thinking of using the Ethereum infrastructure. After getting some experience here, I can develop my own blockchain. For someone like me who has little experience with this subject, Ethereum will be more logical.

There's something I wonder. When we develop a project using the Ethereum infrastructure, do we need to think about how we will build the mining community? So are we using the ready-made mining infrastructure of Ethereum?
ProofOfAll

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:44:58 PM

If you start on Ethereum and then want to switch to something brand new later, keep in mind that any dev you do on Ethereum will likely need to be redone for the new blockchain.

Like several others have said, it depends on what you are planning to do.
project_circle

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:42:51 AM

We are also seeking for a new possibility in the blockchain industry.
We have spent 2 years of test marketing to research people's awareness in this field in several Asian countries, and decided to take our project to a whole new level.
We hope to announce our project soon and hopefully we can make good discussions here to make our services even better!
mackenzied

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:30:27 AM

You can develop blockchain based project by the solidity language of ethereum but you should have basic understanding of blockchain before all.

And that's exactly what he's asking for, you should give specific answers if you have enough knowledge, or no, please do not give meaningless answers.

Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:23:32 PM

Initially, I am thinking of using the Ethereum infrastructure. After getting some experience here, I can develop my own blockchain. For someone like me who has little experience with this subject, Ethereum will be more logical.

There's something I wonder. When we develop a project using the Ethereum infrastructure, do we need to think about how we will build the mining community? So are we using the ready-made mining infrastructure of Ethereum?

Yes, it will merged mining with ETH, but ETH also have another method besides PoW, there are mixed PoS and betting system called casper, actually it's depends on your needs.
See the details here: https://www.ethereum.org/token
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:03:54 PM

Yes and No.It all comes back to what you want to achieve.Eth is good for smart contracts or starting your own token but that's not what blockchain is limited to right ?

They can run their own private chain but hey that's against what blockchain was developed for.I don't support the idea of private chains.
freemanjackal

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:47:33 PM

Yes and No.It all comes back to what you want to achieve.Eth is good for smart contracts or starting your own token but that's not what blockchain is limited to right ?
not at all, like i mentioned before there are blockchain projects not related to any cryptocurrency, where you can even model your bussines, and set the corresponding security
mvidetto

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:31:29 PM

Find out what is the main purpose of the projects to use this blockchain. Anyway you will need to have basic understanding of etherium blockchain to realize your project.
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 11:56:26 PM

It is all about the purpose, and what you mean by a blockchain project.
There are tons of blockchains, think about them like "templates" choose the one who is as close as possible to what you want to realise, adapt it, do the required changes, push them to a repository and start talking about it.
These are the basic steps.

Now deeper steps :
- Identify your needs, purpose, basically answer this question : why do you need a blockchain ?
- Reply to the second question : Is a blockchain required ?

If a blockchain is not required, you should check the different smart contract platforms :
- Ethereum (and its forks)
- EOS
- NEO
- counterparty (soon) (i)
(I don't know all the blockchains who supports smart contracts, i am sure there are more)
(i) : not a blockchain, it is a layer on bitcoin blockchain

If you need a blockchain then :
- What do want it to do ?
- How do you want it to do it ?
- Do you need a strong community ?
- Does it have to be fully or partially decentralized ? (possible)
Once you have the answers, comes the fun part :
- What do you need to build it ?
- What blockchain will you fork ?
- Will you create your own blockchain from the ground ?
All the answers lead to these questions :
- What language to use ?
- Is it enough supported ?
- Is it popular ?
- Do you need static or dynamic language ?
- Does it needs to protect your code ? (at least pseudo protect it)
Once done with these, the hardest part :
- Do you have the required knowledge to do it ?
- How many people do you need in your team to realise it ?
- How and Where will you find them ?
- What would be the optimal team size you aim ?
From there, the real work can start, then comes the questions about the release plan, will you do a crowdsale ? will you release it directly and announce a new blockchain with new services ? it is all up to you.
wh04m1 (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:49:53 PM

There are tons of blockchains, think about them like "templates" choose the one who is as close as possible to what you want to realise, adapt it, do the required changes, push them to a repository and start talking about it.

Now deeper steps :
- Identify your needs, purpose, basically answer this question : why do you need a blockchain ?

If a blockchain is not required, you should check the different smart contract platforms :
- EOS
- NEO
(I don't know all the blockchains who supports smart contracts, i am sure there are more)

- What language to use ?
- Is it popular ?
From there, the real work can start, then comes the questions about the release plan, will you do a crowdsale ? will you release it directly and announce a new blockchain with new services ? it is all up to you.

Hi,

For example, if I want to make a project about copyrights, which one should I choose?

Can I use only blockchain codes without being connected to any system? Do I have to take the bitcoin and customize it for myself?

What is the difference between an ethereum blockchain and a bitcoin blockchain?
Voltroon

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 03:14:24 PM

Now deeper steps :

- EOS
- NEO

- What language to use ?
- Is it popular ?

Hi,

For example, if I want to make a project about copyrights, which one should I choose?

Can I use only blockchain codes without being connected to any system? Do I have to take the bitcoin and customize it for myself?

What is the difference between an ethereum blockchain and a bitcoin blockchain?

it seems very much the difference.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: