Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:25:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling out Youtube pump and dumpers and giving credit where its due  (Read 2035 times)
Artdealer (OP)

Activity: 240
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 06:15:30 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2018, 06:29:25 AM by Artdealer

In this thread I'd like it if the community can call out youtube channels that give out crap content,  and please list channels that give out good content,  please specify and elaborate.  If I'm wrong about them please let me know.

HORRIBLE CHANNELS

Suppoman Udemy
https://www.youtube.com/user/Suppoman2011/videos
I looked threw the past vids of these guys,  matched the date the vid was released with the progress of the coins and this guy seems to be a pump and dumper to me.  In every vid he's pushing for $10 to join his group,  seems like only a total idiot would pay to join a guys group who is wrong 90% of the time.

Crypto Trading Pro
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCceLjfVXt3nNU8X5Hs9W2Lw/videos
Another guy thats constantly recruiting people to join his private group for $10,  so far have seen pump and dump picks then he deletes the vids after the dump is over,  repeating himself over and over in every vid,  promoting ponzi schemes and no value!

Carlos Valadez
This dude is total liar,  makes picks that he says will get you 500% return and if they tank he deletes the videos,  then continuously pushed the audience to join his private group a hundred times in every video,  total scumbag
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNoaTg7VLzuiFUppOA0jy6w/videos

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great Channels

By far the most value I got as a noob,  **********Carter Thomas,  Coin Mastery!**********  The dude is humble,  he admits his mistakes, he learns from his mistakes,  and has provided valuable content such as teaching me how to avoid fees from coinbase by using gdax, great overall insight into what he does and the macro picture.  He also calls out a pump and dump coin when he sees it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4nXWTjZqK4bv7feoRntSog

The channels that have helped me the most lately are,

CryptoAlley,  this dude is a genuine bro,  he's not shilling, he's not dumping any garbage on you (courses, packages, coins)  he's just giving out solid advice that will increase your experience in the game

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1zSS2I305KwOImAv713ZVA

Arcane Bear,  I love this dude!  He has great philosophies brought to the crypto trading scene to offset the stress,  truly understands the long term and lives a life that is the definition of success.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPpo9YgJsEwoN0nB-VTF7Tw/videos

Data Dash,  This kid has 38k subs!  He has such a huge following cause he can predict whats going to happen in this game,  very level headed, very intelligent, and just an overall nice dude.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCatR7nWbYrkVXdxXb4cGXw/videos

I get value from Crypto Sniper,  he has a good understanding of the mental side of being a trader,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdC4a2KquFV1F4O21mW3K7g/videos

Also Coin Crunch did a great video with MARKET Protocol,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRipt7d5LPc

KenM

Activity: 114
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:08:02 PM

I'll take a look at Crypto Sniper and Kayo Bello, thanks for the info.
Bramen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:44:23 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2017, 09:34:50 PM by Bramen

I'm new to crypto, and have also turned to YT for news. I'll check out the channels you recommended.

Here channels I have tried, highest quality first:

Boxmining seems to have been in the industry for quite a while, has excellent connections in China with exclusive interviews, daily videos, no click-bait video titles, and level-headed analysis light on hype. The only truly professional guy I've come across on YT specializing in crypto, not the best presentation, though. I check his stuff out almost daily.

Bitesizebitcoin has a very, unique presentation style. If you can stomach the constant screams of "to the moooon!" and "HODL!" and the video and gif meme spam, there's some decent info peppered in his videos. I visit him occasionally, partly for the lulz.

Chris Dunn pushes his own day trading teaching program, uses click-bait video titles, and commits the cardinal sin of technical analysis (aka reading tea leaves). Very few videos, think he's making his money from his trading program or trading. I don't visit him anymore.

Cryptobud does decent videos rehashing white papers if you're too lazy to read, otherwise seems to be almost as new to cryptos as I am having been on YT for only two months, and doesn't seem like he's been into cryptos any longer than that. He set up a paywalled program recently for selling some kind of advice. From someone who's been in the scene for not that long. I actively avoid his channel.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:56:03 PM

Vincent Briatore <<<-- pump & dumper, buys coins in advance then makes a video about it and newbies buy into it and then spam the comment boxes how they lost all their money.
Found him today, posted something about evergreencoin which was up 100%+ today he made a video during/after the spike. says how he made 5k into 110k. Seems a bit fraudulent.

On the Supomy guy, he was right about NEO though...

But they exclusively say that it is not financial advice so really anyone who goes into this supposed advice is responsible and deciding to buy something or not because some youtuber says so seems like a really bad strategy to me.

Bramen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:02:52 PM

But they exclusively say that it is not financial advice so really anyone who goes into this supposed advice is responsible and deciding to buy something or not because some youtuber says so seems like a really bad strategy to me.

They have to say it so they don't get sued by regulators.

I don't treat anything on YT (or anywhere else online) as investment or financial advice. I treat these as another source of information and I take full responsibility for my own actions. Also, I don't day trade, but many of these channels are directed at day traders so they don't appeal to me.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:06:58 PM

I get you, however there are still allot of people who do the opposite from you and I guess my comment is more directed at that group.
Saw a comment today: ''Please tell me at what price to buy'' < well that's asking for trouble...

hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:44:36 PM

I'm new to crypto, and have also turned to YT for news. I'll check out the channels you recommended.

Here channels I have tried, highest quality first:

Boxmining seems to have been in the industry for quite a while, has excellent connections in China with exclusive interviews, daily videos, and level-headed analysis light on hype. The only truly professional guy I've come across on YT specializing in crypto, not the best presentation, though. I check his stuff out almost daily.

Bitesizebitcoin has a very, unique presentation style. If you can stomach the constant screams of "to the moooon!" and "HODL!" and the video and gif meme spam, there's some decent info peppered in his videos. I visit him occasionally, partly for the lulz.

Chris Dunn pushes his own day trading teaching program, and commits the cardinal sin of technical analysis (aka reading tea leaves). Very few videos, think he's making his money from his trading program or trading. I don't visit him anymore.

Cryptobud does decent videos rehashing white papers if you're too lazy to read, otherwise seems to be almost as new to cryptos as I am having been on YT for only two months, and doesn't seem like he's been into cryptos any longer than that. He set up a paywalled program recently for selling some kind of advice. From someone who's been in the scene for not that long. I actively avoid his channel.

Boxmining is a good guy, i like his videos.  Good analysis and perspective that you won't find anywhere else.  Often times very technical.

I actually like Cryptobud.  He puts out high quality videos and it seems like he admits when he is wrong.  He doesn't seem to pump a coin or pretend to be so sure of his picks.  It's just what he thinks he will happen based upon x.  His reasoning appears solid and his picks do pretty well.  As far as paid content, I dislike it very much in general, but from the guys who pump their own content, Cryptobud seems to be the most reliable. 

Brandon Kelly ("BK") is hit or miss but I avoid him because he psychobabbles ("If you don't like me you must not like money").  He makes BOLD predictions that are sometimes right but more often wrong and you can be sure you will hear when hes right and won't hear anything when hes wrong.  He was right about ANS booming but made prediction after prediction about BTC and ETH crashing much much more and it actually went up alot.  I think he tries too hard to put out big predictions and relies too heavily on charts.  Community backing and development seems to take a back burner in his analysis. 
Artdealer (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:30:59 AM

On the Supomy guy, he was right about NEO though...

So was everyone else.  Like I said he's wrong only 95% of the time.
Artdealer (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:43:38 AM

I got to give an honorable mention to David Seaman,  he brings a lot of libertarians into the crypto space cause he has almost 150k subs.  He doesnt do any technical analysis or pick coins,  but he's been on Joe Rogan and seems to have made himself pretty famous from youtube alone.

https://www.youtube.com/user/davidseamanonline/videos
mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:44:22 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2017, 07:12:50 AM by mrayazgul

YouTube is pretty far removed from this forum and definitely not one of the first or last stuff people are looking for affirmation about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
HongKong

Activity: 812

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:48:25 AM

I get you, however there are still allot of people who do the opposite from you and I guess my comment is more directed at that group.
Saw a comment today: ''Please tell me at what price to buy'' < well that's asking for trouble...
It does look like the newer people that are trying to purchase Bitcoin to make money through trading are losing a lot of money by placing high risk trades from suggestions that they get from people in various pump and dump groups. Many people say that pump and dump groups are very bad for Bitcoin though the people that do promote the coins during the pump give a little bit of growth for the coin so that more investors can get knowledge on the coin.

I guess it all depends on what you know and when you decide to get in or out.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
mrayazgul

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:28:51 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2017, 03:48:20 PM by mrayazgul

What have these couple of people done that has got you so angry?
schyter

Activity: 385
Merit: 257

Open to any CryptoBusiness idea you have for Ghana

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 10:38:31 AM

i will check these guys out. I have always traded based on my own analysis from day 1. I had a really rough start i must say

pearlmen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:11:14 AM

What I see here is a further promotion of the popularity of the people who are manipulating the market at the expense of innocent traders coming in to make decent and legitimate income. We all seek for information to make the right decision at the expense of those who didn't have the opportunity to have access to what we have. The groups op is trying to discredit would not have been any less better if their population is large enough to pull what the other exalted groups are doing to get the commendation.
mrayazgul

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:54:30 PM

There is always somebody out there especially on sites like that that put up a video or a Blog for the purpose of traffic and Tiny bits of Revenue. Best to just ignore them.  Also most of the pumper groups are meant to attract the people by saying that they all will get the profit but the fact is that only the organizations of such groups are in the profit as they have some other plans in mind.
Artdealer (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:36:23 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2017, 07:46:33 AM by Artdealer

Please take the comments out of the thread,  this thread is for calling out bad youtube channels and giving credit to good channels.

barfine

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:04:15 AM

Many of them are just referral whores with no morals or real interest in Crypto other than making their wallets bigger and getting more and more people to sign up under them.

But on the other hand there are some very good channels that are both entertaining and informative.

Different strokes for different folks but here is my good and bad list.

BAD CHANNELS
Referral Beggars/Bullshit artists/Only interested in lining their own pockets

Now for the good ones  Cheesy

GOOD CHANNELS
Informative and or entertaining and also showing a genuine interest in Cypto/Straighshooters

There are plenty more from both sides but that is my shortlist.  
John Titor

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 12:52:45 PM

That Suppoman guy is a fuckin joke, doesn't understand any of the implications of this industry or what it's effects on society will be.  He has no idea what makes a project valuable, he is just a dumbass chasing pumps.  Ignore that loser.

Plus if he really were that good at trading, he wouldn't need to sell his bs course on Udemy.
hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:02:30 PM

Many of them are just referral whores with no morals or real interest in Crypto other than making their wallets bigger and getting more and more people to sign up under them.

But on the other hand there are some very good channels that are both entertaining and informative.

BAD CHANNELS

GOOD CHANNELS
Informative and or entertaining and also showing a genuine interest in Cypto/Straighshooters

I like David Hay as well.  Very good introduction to various coins. 

My absolute favorite at the moment is Cryptodaily.  He's newer to crypto, he admits it, but this guy has done his homework.  His videos are entertaining and there is no bullshit "chart reading".  I believe his videos are more for long-term investors and people who people who want to learn more about the crypto developments in detail. 

My favorites are:
1. Cyptodaily
2. Boxming
3. David Hay

I also like that "Kire Palceski" guy who posts how to mine videos.  He's a good resource on mining little known coins.
Artdealer (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:37:33 PM

BAD CHANNELS

GOOD CHANNELS

ty  agree Trevon James is a ponzi promoter
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: