Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:28:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 71% of young men in America do not want to get married  (Read 5350 times)
alkuluku

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

🙏

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 12:45:43 AM

Its harder for a man to earn nowadays. Women are forced to work. That's one of the main reasons things are so effed up.
You might think women should still be slaves, but I think it's great western women are no longer forced to marry only to survive.

JohnRambo (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 12:47:05 AM

Fuck it. Why do I even bother trying to red-pill you guys? If you haven't figured out by now that feminism is evil and that marriage is a scam, there's nothing anyone can do to help you. I'm out.
TitanBTC

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 01:21:48 AM

This is a hilarious feed. 

"Well I came to bitcointalk for the information on digital currencies, but I stayed for the sound philosophies on gender relations espoused by the forum's members."

ayosikh

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 01:51:20 AM

However most of these young men will end up getting married due to family/society frowning upon them.
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 01:55:15 AM

Men will be dogs and women will be cows.

Nothing changes  Grin

P.s. “Women are attracted to different types of men depending upon their menstrual cycle." - Anonymous
JohnRambo (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:05:31 PM

However most of these young men will end up getting married due to family/society frowning upon them.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The younger generation of men are VERY independent and intelligent. They are not the types to even give a shit about shaming language or peer pressure. Sure, there's already a tidal wave of articles being written by women saying "Where are all the real men?" or "Why won't men man up and marry us?", in plain english they are whining because they can't find a husband and they blame men.

You sound like you are describing some backwards shithole 3rd world country like India. Where if the men don't get married and do the "normal thing", society and family will frown upon them or disgrace them. Uh sorry, but America is a modern country with freedom. Women have full freedom in America to do whatever they want to do. Men ALSO have full freedom to do whatever they want to do.

So while some of these men might be so weak minded that they allow themselves to get shamed into marriage, the majority of them are not.
giorgiomassa

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:34:32 PM

Just got married about 1 month ago and very happy to have done so, you can hear a lot of scary stories about feminists, just try to avoid them and seek for the (not so many left) girls with a sane family and male/female roles model lol  Grin
BitWulf

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:44:42 PM

The idea of having a life long partner to fuck and share moments with seems cool but too many women are just uninteresting and fascinated with stupid shit. Congrats to the lucky few men that get the cool chicks.
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:24:24 AM

It's called don't marry a female whose under 25 if you want to keep the odds somewhat in your favor  Wink
flavius

Activity: 154

welcome to riches

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 01:14:02 AM

that's cool if you fall in love etc etc but the idea of adding that much responsibility to your life is flat out retarded. i get up and i do things to make money and get by, not entertain another person and acknowledge their existence. the economy being this shitty and degrees being the new high school diploma makes it infinitely harder to focus on your social life when you have no money coming in. people graduating from ivy league schools don't even have jobs. the world is turning more into developing sketchy lifestyles and in all reality encouraging crime with it being near impossible to have a legitimate job.

plus women want children, which is a suicide mission. there is no winning with kids

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1303

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:13:40 AM

Do a prenup.  It will at least protect assets. If you have kids, that will be a different issue. Someone with proper motives should have no problem signing it..

I would still want to get married lol:).
vtropolis

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:37:37 AM

True story. Men need to be more like Jon Hamm in Mad Men
lazydna

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:45:23 AM

71% of young men in America do not want to get married:
http://www.pewresearch.org/daily-number/young-men-and-women-differ-on-the-importance-of-a-successful-marriage/

Looks like feminism succeeded in destroying marriage. Now men refuse to get married.

I hope all of you ladies have fun growing old alone with your ten cats.

in return, common-law or live-in relationships have gone up.
it's not that men are no longer coupling with women, it's that they have given up on the institution of marriage.

MegaDaninski

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:23:19 AM

Rightly so, marriage (and divorce) are far too expensive, and only really offer legal benefits. If you love someone, just being with them should be enough. (Unless you need the tax break)
ishocker

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:34:15 AM

It's not really a surprise considering the way society has altered over the last 50 years
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 03:35:59 AM

I just tried writing up a post a couple of times and it's really difficult to do it intelligently without going into a full on "Girls just fucking piss me off mode". It's not just in America I bet, it's everywhere, men are waking up and realising the bullshit. All I'll say so I don't occupy this thread and cause a mass flame war is if you girls treat men like shit and walk all over them, expecting them to do everything for you, to provide for you and even to hit on you and develop psychic powers to find out what you want then you can't just take it out on us like we're the bad guys if we don't reach your every expectation.

I'm not surprised marriage has stopped at all, it's too much pressure on a relationship, which probably explains why the divorce rates are getting so high and you see so many married people breaking up/cheating on each other, at least in a normal relationship you can leave if things get too stressful.
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 03:38:46 AM

Don't blame them, I've been burned twice now, never again!

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:49:47 AM

So, I got married when I was 20 and my wife was 19 (7 years ago), and I certainly do not regret it!  We are very happy together, have one beautiful daughter and another on the way, etc.  I view marriage and divorce differently than most of the world, and that's probably why it matters to me, and not to some people posting here.  To me, marriage is a commitment for the rest of my life.  When I say those vows on the alter, I mean it, and I won't break them for anything!  I've always told my wife that divorce is not an option I would ever consider no matter what she does.  She says the same, with the exception of if I ever cheat on her.  Tongue

If you view divorce as an option, then I agree that marriage is really pointless.  If you want to keep the option open of someday leaving the person, then don't commit to staying by their side for the rest of their life!
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 04:25:32 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2013, 11:56:26 AM by Lethn

It's great if you find the girl of your dreams I'm sure, then there would be no problem no matter what way you chose to show how much you liked each other, the problem comes when you're unlucky and you get on the receiving end of a manipulative ho who's lied to you all that time about how she feels and that's when things get ugly.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1303

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:01:10 PM

You are right - the problem is that a lot of women say the same thing, but do not mean it.  They are looking for a meal ticket until the kids turn 18 (or longer).

The risk to men now is much higher (due to the laws and the courts) with no commensurate increase in benefits. The risks can be minimized with a prenup to protect your assets, but nothing is 100%.

I hope you and your wife have forever together.  ;-)

To me, marriage is a commitment for the rest of my life.  When I say those vows on the alter, I mean it, and I won't break them for anything! 
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: