Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:26:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Some things to consider before starting a business  (Read 4975 times)
fishball

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 03:09:54 PM

Well I just want to share some information regarding on how to start a business because as we can see, we are all want to have a stable business and we want to be a very good entrepreneur someday because if we're just working and working to earn money then if we can't work anymore we won't be able to sustain our needs anymore. I think this is worth reading especially those who are planning to build an ICO or a project. I've got this from my professor on college :

NOTE-REFERENCES :  Webster’s College Dictionary (Random House/McGraw Hill)
What is an Entrepreneur?
Entrepreneur: A person who organizes and manages an enterprise, especially a business, usually with considerable initiative and risk.
Initiative: Readiness and ability in initiating action.
Risk: The hazard or chance of loss.

NOTE-REFERENCES : The Portable MBA in Entrepreneurship, 2nd Ed.; William D. Bygrave, Editor. John Wiley and Sons Publishers, 1997.
What Does it Take to Be Successful?
  • “In entrepreneurship, luck is where preparation and opportunity meet.”
  • “The idea is not what is important. In entrepreneurship; ideas are a dime a dozen. Developing the idea, implementing it, and building a successful business are the important things.”
  • “Would-be entrepreneurs who are unable to name customers are not ready to start a business. They have only found an idea and have not yet identified a market need.”
  • Somehow, someday… you are going to have to earn POSITIVE CASH FLOW. You need more than a revenue model (but you do need that). You need a VALUE model.
  • Market share is great, but you can’t pay bills with it.
  • You can do some financially stupid things to build market share.
Where Do You Start?
Think about WHO is going to want your product/service, what they will PAY for it, what you will NEED to carry it off, and how you will MAKE MONEY someday. That is, make a PLAN.

Success depends on
positive cash flow, growth,
 and value creation.

Owners and investors who forget that tend to get “naturally deselected.”

The Importance of Value Creation

• A successful business is one that delivers value to its customers and creates value for its owners.

Value is delivered to your customers when you do something for them
Better
Cheaper
Faster
Cooler
Different

However, it is likely that none of these will work for long, so continuous improvement and innovation are essential.

Value is created for the owners when:
-You do more with their money than they could do with it themselves
-You invest in productive activities that earn rates of return greater than their risk-adjusted costs of capital.
-The present value of future cash flows exceeds the startup costs.

Value is created by:
-Exploiting proprietary physical resources
-Possessing proprietary knowledge or expertise
-Creating a new or improved product, process, or service
-Staying ahead of the competition through constant improvement and innovation

Planning for Success

-Don’t plan a business for today – Plan it for at least a year from now.
-Moore’s Law: Computing power will roughly double every 18 months.
-Bandwidth will continue to increase for most users almost ad infinitum.
-People will live longer and maintain active lifestyles far after retirement.
-Energy sources and consumption patterns will change drastically.
-The world will continue to be a very dangerous place.

How To Not Get Funded

-Have a half-baked idea
-Have a meatless business plan
-Can’t articulate your value proposition
-Can’t identify your market potential
-Can’t justify your sales projections
-Can’t show your investors an exit
-Can’t show your investors a reasonable expectation of a reasonable return on investment
-Don’t think about risk
-Take no risk yourself
-Don’t take time to do your homework
-Try to fund a “lifestyle” venture

Funding Your Venture

-The hardest funding to raise is the first funding. You are probably on your own.
-Later funding gets progressively easier depending on the results you can show to investors and what you need to fund.
-BANKS are probably not going to help.
-The best funding is INTERNAL funding (reinvested earnings).
-PRIVATE EQUITY is the current buzzword for the major capital source for business ventures.
Closing thoughts

picture source :https://wealthygorilla.com/23-wise-warren-buffett-quotes-on-success/

First, you should consider if you are capable of handling business. A lot fails in this matter. If you really have the instinct of being an entrepreneur you will notice it. Then know what most people are into nowadays specifically in your area.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
p i e c e

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:44:25 PM

Well, as for me, I am sure that you have to think over the business that you are going to deal with. Before investing the money you have, make your own strategy.
apolonio

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:02:16 PM

The most important to consider in starting the business is CAPITAL. Then the other to consider is the place where start your business, the product or the service that is needed in that area, your plan for your business and last is a good team to support each other.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Nissan-GTR

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:25:26 PM

Thank you! I've been reading a lot of articles about how to start a business because I really want to start one.
I have a stable job but I want to have my own business as well.
This is very informative.

Well good for you since you have a stable job as well as an enough fund to start up your own business. Talking about starting up your own business, in my own opinion you have to start to think what is it? Is the objective of your business will be helpful to other people, according to Jack Ma, in business prpfit is not the only thing to be consider, how does your invention going to help the people, that's not the exact words but the thought was present there, so we should all think about that also.
Paka1

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:58:31 PM

Starting your own business really needs a thorough planning, you need to plan all the aspects needed like those internal and external factors for your business to become feasible. Plan on what kind of product or services has a great demand in the market, all informations needed must be done.  Analyze those informations so that you will be able to know how to execute it into real products or services.  Creating your business really needs your mind and soul, in order to achieve your desired goal.
Codename23

Activity: 109

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:11:53 PM

Well I just want to share some information regarding on how to start a business because as we can see, we are all want to have a stable business and we want to be a very good entrepreneur someday because if we're just working and working to earn money then if we can't work anymore we won't be able to sustain our needs anymore. I think this is worth reading especially those who are planning to build an ICO or a project. I've got this from my professor on college :

What is an Entrepreneur?
Entrepreneur: A person who organizes and manages an enterprise, especially a business, usually with considerable initiative and risk.

NOTE-REFERENCES : The Portable MBA in Entrepreneurship, 2nd Ed.; William D. Bygrave, Editor. John Wiley and Sons Publishers, 1997.
  • “The idea is not what is important. In entrepreneurship; ideas are a dime a dozen. Developing the idea, implementing it, and building a successful business are the important things.”
  • “Would-be entrepreneurs who are unable to name customers are not ready to start a business. They have only found an idea and have not yet identified a market need.”
  • Somehow, someday… you are going to have to earn POSITIVE CASH FLOW. You need more than a revenue model (but you do need that). You need a VALUE model.
Where Do You Start?
Think about WHO is going to want your product/service, what they will PAY for it, what you will NEED to carry it off, and how you will MAKE MONEY someday. That is, make a PLAN.

Success depends on
 and value creation.

• A successful business is one that delivers value to its customers and creates value for its owners.

Better
Cheaper
Faster
Cooler
Different

However, it is likely that none of these will work for long, so continuous improvement and innovation are essential.

-You invest in productive activities that earn rates of return greater than their risk-adjusted costs of capital.

Value is created by:

Planning for Success

How To Not Get Funded

-Have a half-baked idea
-Can’t show your investors a reasonable expectation of a reasonable return on investment
-Don’t think about risk
-Take no risk yourself

Funding Your Venture

-The hardest funding to raise is the first funding. You are probably on your own.
-Later funding gets progressively easier depending on the results you can show to investors and what you need to fund.
-PRIVATE EQUITY is the current buzzword for the major capital source for business ventures.
Closing thoughts
https://i.imgur.com/GI4Ui2E.png
picture source :https://wealthygorilla.com/23-wise-warren-buffett-quotes-on-success/

You need to be ready and willing to start your business and do it consistently. Never give up and believe in yourself. Also do not trust athers easily.
tuturutmunding

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:38:48 PM

in my opinion that need to be considered in the plan to run a business is our mental preparation then we must learn what business we will live whether it is a legal business legalized by the government? and the preparation of our capital whether sufficient or not
Kertmu

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 12:46:25 PM

Cryptocurrency is also a kind of business from which you receive income that is correlated with risks (sometimes the risks are very high). With a favorable confluence of circumstances, BTC can provide a comfortable old age and children will remain. Cool
xAnima

Activity: 69

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:57:32 PM

What is an Entrepreneur?

Where Do You Start?

Success depends on
 and value creation.

Better
Cheaper
Faster
Cooler
Different

Value is created by:

Planning for Success

How To Not Get Funded

-Have a half-baked idea
-Don’t think about risk
-Take no risk yourself

Funding Your Venture

Closing thoughts
https://i.imgur.com/GI4Ui2E.png

This is a really good topic followed up by some concrete ideas that can be followed by some guys wanting to start a business. In addition to the list and guides created above, we must also consider this simple things that needs to be kept in mind.

The PLACE where you will launch your business.
The CAPITAL you will need to start your business.
The RISKS that might affect you in the future.

All of this must be kept in mind and always be mindful how to make your workplace productive.
nebuch

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:26:36 PM

What is an Entrepreneur?

Where Do You Start?

Success depends on
 and value creation.

Better
Cheaper
Faster
Cooler
Different

Value is created by:

Planning for Success

How To Not Get Funded

-Have a half-baked idea
-Don’t think about risk
-Take no risk yourself

Funding Your Venture

Closing thoughts

That is reality. Business is not like food to eat because it is already prepared it should be in the process in every time because business is like war at first that needs to cultivate in order to make it on success. Failing to plan is planning to fail.
totaleclipseofthebank

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:33:55 PM

Thank you for this post! It can really help a lot of people who have been struggling to maintain even the smallest of business. Businesses, small or big needs to be prepared for to be successful.
Yeah this is a really helpful and informative post, especially for people who intend to open a business or who are struggling to reach success. Although there are quite lots of articles giving direction and advice on what to prepare before starting a business, most of them tends to be lengthy and tiring to read and even misleading. But this one is very brief and straightforward, so thank you for sharing such high quality post, I think I would need this in the near future since I'm having an intention to open my own business.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
kripkiki12

Activity: 162

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:38:11 PM

I do have an idea on starting a business that is crypto-related. However, I have some concerns, mainly legal. Are you maybe aware of a good group of lawyers that has  relevant knowledge in the crypto business?
Okrah

Activity: 144
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:15:00 PM

You must familiarized what is the things what are you going to use for your business.

█ █ █████████  BITGOALS  █████████ █ █
SPORT TOKEN PROTOCOL: REWARDS FOR SPORT ACTIVITIES
https://bitgoals.com
lekegami

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:52:39 PM

There are lots of books, manuals and trainings you will find on how to start a business. But for me, one of the biggest contributors to be successful in starting a business, is the support of your own family.
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:28:47 PM

What is an Entrepreneur?

Where Do You Start?

Success depends on
 and value creation.

Better
Cheaper
Faster
Cooler
Different

Value is created by:

Planning for Success

How To Not Get Funded

-Have a half-baked idea
-Don’t think about risk
-Take no risk yourself

Funding Your Venture

Closing thoughts

I am a graduate of a business course here in my country, and through that, I had learn many things, theorical based on education and was taught in school and practical, because I always do have some businesses while I am still studying because of y earning sin cryptocurrency. If your are thinking of impracticality of the effect of feasibility studies, then I would recommend you to just; find a target market, predict the sales through stataistical ways and by market share proportion, that is based on your competitors around your business, always think marketing strategies to increase your sales and lastly, always consider the cost-benefit relationship concept.
roseann072518

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 01:10:29 AM

nice to read, good lesson to start a business .. i am at home only 'no job for how many years, but now i started work as a bounty hunter .. my plan is if I'm lucky to get good reward as a hunter i want it to be small business.
Ryker1

Activity: 1918
Merit: 442

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 05:37:21 AM

In my own opinion, before you start a business, you need a capital. You must calculate the capital base on the business that you're going to start. And you need to set plans and think about its future, how will it end up or how will it be successful, because setting or thinking things before you start gives you a better foresight on what will happen in your business in the future. And also you need to think what business to start, it should be unique from things that exist right now, so it will be attractive to people, the more it attracts, the bigger the demand.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
bangkit tri

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 06:01:39 AM

In my own opinion, before you start a business, you need a capital. You must calculate the capital base on the business that you're going to start. And you need to set plans and think about its future, how will it end up or how will it be successful, because setting or thinking things before you start gives you a better foresight on what will happen in your business in the future. And also you need to think what business to start, it should be unique from things that exist right now, so it will be attractive to people, the more it attracts, the bigger the demand.
i think capital is not the first diurutan in starting a business. but indeed the capital can support the success of the business run. i think the inner knowledge of a project and strategy is the main part
Rufsilf

Activity: 1722
Merit: 309

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 06:06:52 AM

First and foremost is the ability from yourself if you are able to build a business, if you have enough capital to start or you are just pushing and trying hard to start even though you are lacking of capital. It is best for you to measure things before you start a business because starting a business is not an easy thing and you should be prepared, well prepared before you start.

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Stake.com
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
camelson
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 06:33:14 AM

First and foremost is the ability from yourself if you are able to build a business, if you have enough capital to start or you are just pushing and trying hard to start even though you are lacking of capital. It is best for you to measure things before you start a business because starting a business is not an easy thing and you should be prepared, well prepared before you start.

Yes capital is always necessary to start a business but there are few other things which are also necessary like market search, target market, marketing strategies, pricing and how innovative is the business.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: