Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:12:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I embed my wallet into my brain? or my skin?  (Read 2411 times)
Webengers (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 05:12:18 AM

I was thinking about this, "how could it ever be secure" type thing..

I use encryption every time, and could even transfer my wallet to a usb drive or a vps that was powered down or something like that, but no mattter what I do a good keylogger/dataminer owning is enough to screw me.

Could you somehow transfer a wallet onto an RFID chip and have it embedded into you (in your brain?), or potentially even something as dumb as a usb drive embedded in you.

I'll bet I lose every bit of physical and virtual data that I have before I lose my mind..

Sorry couldn't resist.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mark Oates

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 05:25:20 AM

Can I embed my wallet into my brain? or my skin?
Now we're talkin!! Grin Cool

I'll bet I lose every bit of physical and virtual data that I have before I lose my mind..
BitBills were a move toward solving the problem.  The keys were embedded into the bills so that the only way to have them was to hold the physical bill.  No fear of hacking.  BitBills are now back-ordered due to demand.
allbitcoin

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2011, 05:29:04 AM

Here's what you need: https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?chs=150x150&cht=qr&chl=Hello Smiley

Replace the 'Hello' part of the URL with your (preferably encrypted) private key, print out the result and take it to your local tattoo artist.

And hope he doesn't make a mistake! Tongue
Mark Oates

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 05:33:08 AM

Here's what you need: https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?chs=150x150&cht=qr&chl=Hello Smiley

Replace the 'Hello' part of the URL with your (preferably encrypted) private key, print out the result and take it to your local tattoo artist.

Dude!  That's brilliant!   Shocked Grin Cool
Webengers (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 05:42:41 AM

Holy shit..

I've never had anything that I wanted tattoo'd on my body before. That's insane.

I vow to you all now that I WILL do this.

Can someone verify for me that this will work..

I've never had a tattoo before, how big are we talking?

nemo

Activity: 500
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 05:43:47 AM

It will work, until someone takes your picture, or you cut/burn yourself. What if you get fat?
Webengers (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 05:44:44 AM

Holy shit..

I've never had anything that I wanted tattoo'd on my body before. That's insane.

I vow to you all now that I WILL do this.

Can someone verify for me that this will work..

I've never had a tattoo before, how big are we talking?

Wait a minute.. Skin stretches.. Also then anyone with a QR reader could steal my wallet just by getting me drunk and taking advantage of me..
allbitcoin

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2011, 05:53:37 AM

Wait a minute.. Skin stretches.. Also then anyone with a QR reader could steal my wallet just by getting me drunk and taking advantage of me..

I said encrypted key! Though if you're drunk you may also blurt out the password...

Seriously though - for the love of all that is Bitcoin, please nobody tattoo QR codes on yourselves!
Webengers (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 05:53:49 AM

I use encryption every time, and could even transfer my wallet to a usb drive or a vps that was powered down or something like that, but no mattter what I do a good keylogger/dataminer owning is enough to screw me.

Could you somehow transfer a wallet onto an RFID chip and have it embedded into you (in your brain?), or potentially even something as dumb as a usb drive embedded in you.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Now that is funny  Grin    on a serious not check my sig. lol

Any third party storage service is no better than a brick and mortar bank.
I want something physical that cannot be lost and cannot be turned off. An RFID implant would seem to be the way to go..
Webengers (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 05:56:42 AM

I said encrypted key! Though if you're drunk you may also blurt out the password...

Seriously though - for the love of all that is Bitcoin, please nobody tattoo QR codes on yourselves!

Whatever.. this guy just posted "What would you do for a Bitcoin" in the newbie forum..
If you can raise a good bounty I'll get the QR code for my personal url tattoo'd on me.

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=20953.msg262524#msg262524

I'll even up the bounty a little bit.. My mother is a southern baptist fundamentalist christian who thinks that social security numbers represent the mark of the beast.
bitprotection

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 05:57:24 AM

Sorry couldn't resist.

I want something physical that cannot be lost and cannot be turned off. An RFID implant would seem to be the way to go..

You are correct an implant is the way to go ..you can't loose it ... but reality is that won't happen and yes people are going to loose their wallets...

Working on protecting the community!
Webengers (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 05:59:35 AM

Sorry couldn't resist.

You are correct an implant is the way to go ..you can't loose it ... but reality is that won't happen and yes people are going to loose their wallets...

Yes, you wouldn't want to lose your wallet because your skin got too loose. Does anyone know if a QR code would retain it's shape as a tattoo? I imagine it would if it were smaller, but then it would hold less data...
Webengers (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 02:04:15 PM

Bump because some guy actually sent me BTC last night and wants me to get a QR code tattoo now and I need to know if this will work.
allbitcoin

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2011, 08:50:30 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2011, 09:21:13 PM by allbitcoin

Bump because some guy actually sent me BTC last night and wants me to get a QR code tattoo now and I need to know if this will work.

Please don't do it, it's a terrible idea. How many BTC did you get? Is it really worth permanently defacing your body for?
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 09:31:22 PM

I'll repeat what i suggested in a similar thread: engrave it in a titanium plate and replace a chunk of your skull

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
dodgrr

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 12:00:42 AM

sounds perfectly reasonable to me  Wink

MadCoinMan

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 12:06:58 AM

I do like the idea of my coins dying with me. This way the government gets zilch of my earned monies!  Grin
dodgrr

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 12:18:12 AM

you can't take it with you.. or can you? Cheesy

unk

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:10:45 AM

if so, then a much simpler and more elegant solution is simply to train yourself to memorize the private key corresponding to the address to which you've committed funds.

it's not that hard to do. mnemonic devices may help. see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mnemonic_major_system

moreover, theoretically, though at a risk to security, you could generate a private key that's easier for you to remember than a randomly selected one.
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:14:08 AM

Of course, there is always the option of using gene therapy to write the keys somewhere in your junk DNA

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: