Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:19:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Putting a UK group together  (Read 5386 times)
Tirapon

Activity: 898
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:52:59 PM

There are about twenty or so of us in Brighton; I'll see what the interest of the others is like as most of them are not on this forum.

Brighton seems to me like the sort of place where bitcoin could really catch on. I know a few people down there, some of them are programmers and were mining litecoin a little while ago. Are you guys at uni by any chance?
bennybong

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:20:24 PM

There are about twenty or so of us in Brighton; I'll see what the interest of the others is like as most of them are not on this forum.

Brighton seems to me like the sort of place where bitcoin could really catch on. I know a few people down there, some of them are programmers and were mining litecoin a little while ago. Are you guys at uni by any chance?

I am very proud to have Brighton on my passport, moving back there in a few weeks can't wait!

And you're right, Brighton is very much the kind of place that would appreciate Bitcoin Wink

edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQzOkcELa5A
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:26:34 PM

It's already caught on in Leeds. People are ordering 1000's of bitcoins worth of non-descript packages through the post everyday! They just like to keep a low profile though, because, you know...
canada

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:40:54 PM

sounds great. i'm also in london.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:47:47 PM

ok we have newyork, sanfransisco as the main bitcoin hubs of USA, i think amsterdam is the bitcoin capital of europe. and looks like brighton will be the bitcoin capital of UK

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:48:24 PM

Try #bitcoin-otc-uk in freenode.

Maybe you can put me down in that list, depending on what comes out of it :-)

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 08:23:16 PM

the otc-uk meant to be used for trading coins not general UK chitchat but theres nothing stopping us UK lot starting a UK chat hash on IRC,

me and mark lyford have already had some skype chit chat with a couple other like minded UK lot. so skype is another option for those wanting to get businesses set up where anonymity is not going to be an issue to argue about

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 08:25:44 PM

the otc-uk meant to be used for trading coins not general UK chitchat but theres nothing stopping us UK lot starting a UK chat hash on IRC

It's meant for trading but people also chat. After all, it's a chat channel and not always there's trading going on (and even when there is, people chat).

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
MarkLyford (OP)

Activity: 455
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 03:41:29 PM

the otc-uk meant to be used for trading coins not general UK chitchat but theres nothing stopping us UK lot starting a UK chat hash on IRC,

me and mark lyford have already had some skype chit chat with a couple other like minded UK lot. so skype is another option for those wanting to get businesses set up where anonymity is not going to be an issue to argue about

we just set one up Frnaky on irc.mibbit.net #bitchat see you in there maybe ?

Mark
maz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:48:33 PM

Interested, keep us updated.

philr13

Activity: 37
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:50:02 PM

Hi having spoken with mark with skype for a short while, us owning a UK based company offering the services for Avalon Asic chip purchase, with the option of having Avalon Asics embedded onto PCB's we will be also offering services for hosting people's Asic Systems so they do not need to monitor it themselves.

We will be working in conjunction with Mark & his website & also with our website known as www.asicgigahash.com

at this time we are in early days But we have secured our order for 10,000 Avalon Asics with many more options to be brought to the website.

Kind Regards

Philr13.
www.asicgigahash.com
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:44:35 PM

ok we have newyork, sanfransisco as the main bitcoin hubs of USA, i think amsterdam is the bitcoin capital of europe. and looks like brighton will be the bitcoin capital of UK

Sorry mate, London is calling.
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:46:08 PM

Even the tramps squatting in abandoned buildings in London are using bitcoin. Seriously, I saw it in the Telegraph(I think it was the Telegraph anyway, anyone else remember this story?).
bennett616

Activity: 70

http://www.freebitcointips.co.uk/

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 02:46:35 PM

Me and a few of my BTC buddy's are near Manchester Smiley We would be interested!

Andy B

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 03:38:21 PM

Even the tramps squatting in abandoned buildings in London are using bitcoin. Seriously, I saw it in the Telegraph(I think it was the Telegraph anyway, anyone else remember this story?).

yea that is amir taaki, the guy behind intersango before it went all wrong. and another guy that just writes a few editorials now and again for the bitcoin magazine.
amir seems to be more of the "occupy wallstreet/anonymous" clan of bitcoin users, as oppose to the mainstream regular folk

they try to act like they are to the same standard as gavin andressen. which i just facepalm at every quote of their expertise.

i think they are trying to live their whole life on bitcoin.. to me i just think they dont know how to budget and plan things to cover all the costs to live and function in a normal life. which explains why his exchange failed, due to lack of understanding of basic requirements to function in the world lol

atleast i personally can function in a fully rented and council taxed home, paying all the bills and what not via bitcoin. hopefully one day we all will be able to do this without resorting to squatting in vacant office buildings.

so the learning experience of this is. don't do a "amir" or ull end up not only having ur bank account closed for simply not having FSA licences. but also squatting.. learn the law, follow it. and realise bitcoin is only freedom when not used in combination with the pound coin.
if you handle the pound coin then expect the laws of the pound coin to handle you

Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:24:34 PM

yea that is amir taaki, the guy behind intersango before it went all wrong. and another guy that just writes a few editorials now and again for the bitcoin magazine.
amir seems to be more of the "occupy wallstreet/anonymous" clan of bitcoin users, as oppose to the mainstream regular folk

they try to act like they are to the same standard as gavin andressen. which i just facepalm at every quote of their expertise.

i think they are trying to live their whole life on bitcoin.. to me i just think they dont know how to budget and plan things to cover all the costs to live and function in a normal life. which explains why his exchange failed, due to lack of understanding of basic requirements to function in the world lol

atleast i personally can function in a fully rented and council taxed home, paying all the bills and what not via bitcoin. hopefully one day we all will be able to do this without resorting to squatting in vacant office buildings.

so the learning experience of this is. don't do a "amir" or ull end up not only having ur bank account closed for simply not having FSA licences. but also squatting.. learn the law, follow it. and realise bitcoin is only freedom when not used in combination with the pound coin.
if you handle the pound coin then expect the laws of the pound coin to handle you

Haha, spot on!
glowkeeper

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 07:53:50 PM

I am planning to put a UK specific group together with the aim of  helping each other. I am planning to setup a UK based alternative energy mining farm and think it would be a great help for people in the UK to together. UK specific issues can be discussed, mining alternatives and group meetups can be arranged both on and offline.

If you are interested in being part of it please hit me up on here, via email or on skype

Cheers all

Mark

I was, I did Smiley Went quiet, but you've moved things on. Good for you Wink ps. I'm in Brighton too.....
glowkeeper

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 07:54:55 PM

+1. Would be good to chat to a few Brighton heads....
bennybong

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:29:52 PM

Lots of Brighton heads about!

I'll be back for summer in a couple of weeks can't wait Wink
glowkeeper

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 08:31:11 AM

Lots of Brighton heads about!

I'll be back for summer in a couple of weeks can't wait Wink

Perhaps we should organise a Brighton together in a friendly local ale house?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: