Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 04:19:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: some newb questions  (Read 580 times)
solidtom (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 12:52:46 AM

Greetings and Salutations Miners!  I am in the newb section.  And... that being said... and i hope you are sitting down.... as you may find this surprising..... and a little unusual in this place... because i have some newb questions.  I know ur shocked.

Q1a.
I did not know this, but my m2n-e mobo does not support multiple GPUs.  I knew it was not SLI, but what i did not know was that if i connected the pcix1 to x16 lane adapter it would still not work.  i did not plan on using another GPU for gaming just mining.  That being said, is there a mobo out there, and it is more than fine that it would me more that a few years old, that supports ddr2 and an IDE hard drive that you would recommend (other than the m2n-e sli)?  That way i can swap out the mobo without making a huge investment.

Q1b.
if i connect a (or many) x1 (or x4) to x16 pci- adapters to an SLI or crossfire mobo, are there any circumstances where it would *not* work?  I mean will it use all the GPUs?

Q2a.
Regarding Butterfly labs.... i made the decision in february to buy a 30 GHs model... it has been more than three months now so I cannot dispute it as fraud on my credit card (they have an 89 day limit).  Every day that passes by i feel like more and more of a chump.  Should i request a refund?  Should I bother?  Have i dun fucked up?

Q2b.
Is there a link that discloses how many of their (by this i mean BFL) miners they are building?  Thinking a massive supply will just create a plummet in BTC value.

Q3
Kind of unrelated, but how come no one plays bombermine any more? http://bombermine.com/ used to have thousands, now only a few play.  Did I miss something?  did something better come out that i wasn't aware of?
el_Tico

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

"Fly you fools"

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 01:09:34 AM

Those are all very good questions. About question 2, it will probably be at least 6 months till you get your miner. The reason I give this timeline is because there have been many more requests before yours (meaning you are close to the end of the list). That said, since they are beginning to push out prototypes, it looks as if they will start filling orders soon.

The other thing to consider is the price of BTC now. Currently the currency is stable-ish at 100 to 120. The question is this: is there a better use for your bitcoin?
Look at the opportunity cost of the bitcoins you would have if you requested a refund.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4681

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 02:29:46 AM

- snip -
Q2b.
Is there a link that discloses how many of their (by this i mean BFL) miners they are building?  Thinking a massive supply will just create a plummet in BTC value.
- snip -

A massive supply of BFL miners would create a plummet in BTC value?  I can't see any reason why.

Why would you think that?
evilscoop

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 02:31:03 AM

if bfl ever ship........good luck there...
intel330

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 03:27:15 AM

bfl never ship normal
Galimore

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:58:46 AM

Well, they are actually "shipping" now. It's the glacial speed they're producing them that's the problem.
comakut

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:05:48 AM

Does somebody know where to find the latest order number that has been shipped from BFL?
bitgem

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:17:13 AM

burm!!!!!!!!!
evilscoop

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:47:53 AM

Well, they are actually "shipping" now. It's the glacial speed they're producing them that's the problem.

shipping to a few devs and reviewers is not really shipping....
solidtom (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 08:09:36 AM

burm!!!!!!!!!

thanks.  that's real constructive. i'll go ahead and use that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: