Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:42:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bored mining Ethereum - Whats next?  (Read 778 times)
Upstager (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 05:05:11 AM

I'm only mining at 197 MH/s on 1070 FE's and have been using Claymore's mining software.
I'm getting abour $16 every couple days or so which is fine, but I'm more interested in mining something with much less difficulty with the potential to rise in value.

You may say "Mine ETH and buy the coins you want" but I'm not sure that is the most efficient is it?

What other options might you all propose?

Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:20:24 AM

I'm only mining at 197 MH/s on 1070 FE's and have been using Claymore's mining software.
I'm getting abour $16 every couple days or so which is fine, but I'm more interested in mining something with much less difficulty with the potential to rise in value.

You may say "Mine ETH and buy the coins you want" but I'm not sure that is the most efficient is it?

Try UBIQ, similar to Ethereum but is currently low value and has good potential. You could earn 5-6 per day with 197 MH/s. There is also HUSH, Musicoin, Expanse or moving to Equihash you have Zcash, Zclassic, and of course Zencash.

With Musicoin and another less popular coin, Soilcoin, you can earn around 500-600 coins per day with your hashrate (using current difficulty), so even though they are low in price they would offer a large multiplier if they would ever take off. You could spend a day or two on each one to get a small pile and then switch around to a few of the other ones to help hedge your bets for the future. If one or two take off and do a 20x return, that would more than offset any of the others you may end up bag holding.
Dlugina23

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:03:18 AM

Why not try mining skunkhash?
civilufo

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:36:26 AM

Why not try mining skunkhash?

Any new skunk algorithm coin?

P/S: please don't tell me bonsai and "signatum classic"...

Upstager (OP)

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 02:24:14 PM

Great responses. Going to experiment with these!
cryptofriendz

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

Do or do not.

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:01:52 PM

Try UBIQ, similar to Ethereum but is currently low value and has good potential. You could earn 5-6 per day with 197 MH/s. There is also HUSH, Musicoin, Expanse or moving to Equihash you have Zcash, Zclassic, and of course Zencash.

With Musicoin and another less popular coin, Soilcoin, you can earn around 500-600 coins per day with your hashrate (using current difficulty), so even though they are low in price they would offer a large multiplier if they would ever take off. You could spend a day or two on each one to get a small pile and then switch around to a few of the other ones to help hedge your bets for the future. If one or two take off and do a 20x return, that would more than offset any of the others you may end up bag holding.

The "hold in case they take off" point can't be valid. Its important to separate the two concerns mining & investment. You should always mine the most profitable, ideally paid in BTC. Then you can invest in whatever you believe in most. If thats Musiccoin than you still get more Musiccoin if you mine something more profitable and trade.
Faboo005

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:20:58 PM

Above dude's math is right.

If you can mine say 500 of whatever coin in a day, great. Or you can mine ETH and buy 1500 of that coin in the same day. So mine the ETH. Not romantic, but it's solid logic.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: