Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:59:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Recieved a random amount of bitcoins yesterday.  (Read 1031 times)
taw420 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 02:26:25 AM

Hello, I've been using bitcoins for a few years now to gamble and speculate etc... Yesterday I had a new thing happen to me I received a random amount of BTC into one of my addresses and it sat unconfirmed all yesterday and today so I decided to ship it to satoshidice for the hell of it. Well now they both sit unconfirmed. I just don't get what happened here and why neither is confirmed or does the original cause the next transaction and every one forward to be unconfirmed if it never is? I guess this is one thing I really have never understood.... The address that sent it to me appears to have tons of transactions none of which appear to be confirmed. This looks sketchy to me although I'm not to up-to-speed on the technical side of BTC.

Link to original incoming transaction: https://blockchain.info/tx/5c55a589deaa07bc77899913908f45bba510bae1417d04af11a121af9f0b63cc
Link to my outgoing transaction to satoshi dice: https://blockchain.info/tx/31b4d89659d2701b6f3aac9e83c31074222b5a9894bfd0f9d1274a4abc1fc955

Address that sent me the random amount of BTC:https://blockchain.info/address/1KSQkdoSEn3GZMb4RYC2JbRRNZBYvPi4T
My Address and transactions: https://blockchain.info/address/15yW4yg22swDhDbfyNwss9nfzTSFhTgP9f

This just confused me and looked sketchy thanks if anyone can give me some sort of explanation on whats going on here and if my satoshi dice transaction is gone forever because of the partially unconfirmed amount.

Thanks,

taw420
Marbit

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 02:36:13 AM

Very strange.  Huh
smilez

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 03:23:49 AM

weird shit lol
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4410
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 03:29:00 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2013, 04:02:01 AM by Foxpup

First of all, your payout from SatoshiDice won't confirm until the original transaction does. SatoshiDice does this to prevent cheating: if the wager transaction is any way fraudulent or invalid, so is the payout, so the cheater wins nothing.

As for the original transaction not confirming, that is because the sender did not pay a transaction fee, even though a fee was required for this transaction. As a result, it (and your payout) will likely take an extremely long time to be confirmed.

What's strange is that you were actually able to send this transaction in the first place. Most clients do not allow you to spend unconfirmed funds, precisely to avoid this kind of issue. What client or wallet service were you using?

EDIT: Typo.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
btcvenezuelanuser

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:47:39 AM

That's weird.
Smerks

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:15:54 AM

First of all, your payout from SatoshiDice won't confirm until the original transaction does. SatoshiDice does this to prevent cheating: if the wager transaction is any way fraudulent or invalid, so is the payout, so the cheater wins nothing.

As for the original transaction not confirming, that is because the sender did not pay a transaction fee, even though a fee was required for this transaction. As a result, it (and your payout) will likely take an extremely long time to be confirmed.

What's strange is that you were actually able to send this transaction in the first place. Most clients do not allow you to spend unconfirmed funds, precisely to avoid this kind of issue. What client or wallet service were you using?

Could you be clearer on what you mean by extremely long time for confirmation, Im new to all this and was just wondering.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4681

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:37:04 AM

Could you be clearer on what you mean by extremely long time for confirmation, Im new to all this and was just wondering.

The protocol allows individual miners (or pools) to choose any criteria they want for selecting which transactions to confirm, and which transactions to leave for a future block. If a tranaction has an output that is less than 0.01 BTC, or if a transaction is larger than 19 kilobytes in size, and the transaction does not include a fee of at least 0.0005 BTC per kilobyte, then many miners (and mining pools) will consider the transaction to be low priority.  As such, it won't receive any confirmations until some miner (or pool) somewhere decides to be nice and confirm it for free.  This could take hours, it could take days, it is even possible that it will never be confirmed.  It is impossible to predict ahead of time with any accuracy how long it will take to confirm, because it is impossible to know ahead of time when a miner will be kind enough to try to confirm it and lucky enough to solve a block.
mastab

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 07:23:39 AM

i could go for some free bitcoins.. pretty weird though
bennett616

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

http://www.freebitcointips.co.uk/

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 09:27:41 AM

twas a blessing from god.............

Andy B

bennett616

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 09:33:27 AM

twas a blessing from god.............

Andy B
Hello ANdy B

why do you sign your messages

TreasureHunt

Always have done, always will Smiley

Andy B

bennett616

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 09:40:18 AM

okay I think it is a good idea so if your account gets hacked the hacker will not type andy b as that is lying!!

Precisely! Cheesy haha

bennett616

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 09:42:02 AM

SCAMMER ^^^^ someone hacked my account and put 2 posts, this one and a loan request for 493205724BTC......... :/

Andy B

JKWong

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 09:54:05 AM

HAha  Grin you got lucky. Someone send me some free BTC too ... Kiss I am a poor eastern European boooi Cry
sartan

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:20:19 PM

Blockchain.info allows you to send transactions without the normally required 6 [confirms]. But it  won't be confirmed until the first transaction confirms.
Ximoxion

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:24:53 PM

Limitations.   Startling to say, but bitcoins probably have and end result where the creators are the end reapers.  i mean, wouldn't you?  Totally anonymous creaters taking the world on a drive.  you can't think that the first iteration of a crypto currency will get it all correct.  Can you?
Ximoxion

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:27:28 PM

First mistake is a programmable crypto that doesn't change.  The idea of bitcoins was to decentralize anything.  Yet, unlimited money can centralize this currency in mere moments should anyone with that type of cash choose to get into it.  Believe me....   ..it's much bigger then your little mining rig....

Our rigs..  ..if not cashed out fast enough, are puppets in the crypto currency game.  And it is quite a game
Ximoxion

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:29:39 PM

In other words..  ..anyone thinking that BTC is the untouchable, uninfluencable currency of the future has already been duped
thegamekind

Activity: 72

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 11:31:32 PM

free bitcoins nice
btcapparel

Activity: 568
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:33:49 PM

If the bitcoin sender is out there listening...Can I have one please if your giving them out  Wink
thegamekind

Activity: 72

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 11:39:21 PM

i preach to  Kiss
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: