Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:51:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US Cell Phones for Bitcoin  (Read 3790 times)
Bruce Wagner (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 06, 2010, 01:07:57 AM

The best new Android phone service in USA, MetroPCS, now accepts Bitcoin for new phones and accessories.   See MetroPCS, under New York City, on  http://bitcoinshop.com

I love the new "LG Optimus M" with Android 2.2.....  only US$50 per month...  including everything and tax...  for Unlimited Everything... with No Contract.   And in Manhattan at least, the signal / service is BETTER than Verizon... in my experience.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DELTA9

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2010, 01:47:06 AM

Sounds like a sweet deal. I've been wanting to drop T-Mobile forever...

I'll consider switching its available in my area
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 06, 2010, 01:54:09 AM

Wha, a wireless provider now accept bitcoin!? How is price determined? Against exchange rate on mtgox?

brocktice

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

Apparently I inspired this image.

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2010, 02:00:35 AM

Whoa, how did that happen?

http://media.witcoin.com/p/1608/8----This-is-nuts

My #bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=brocktice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

Like my post? Leave me a tip: 15Cgixqno9YzoKNEA2DRFyEAfMH5htssRg
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
December 06, 2010, 03:22:19 AM

>ClearSignalWireless@msn.com

Why do they have a @msn.com email? And where is the link for their website?
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304

View Profile
December 06, 2010, 04:41:13 AM

Awesome...bitcoin on a roll!
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2010, 04:52:47 AM

>ClearSignalWireless@msn.com

Why do they have a @msn.com email? And where is the link for their website?

Surely it isn't PCS directly accepting bitcoin. I think these phone companies have affiliate stores in addition to their own. Maybe an affiliate is willing to accept bitcoin and pay $ to PCS.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Bruce Wagner (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2010, 04:18:09 AM

How did this happen?    

Because the owners of the largest chain of MetroPCS dealers in Manhattan is a good friend of mine.  

I personally set them up to accept Bitcoin.

Where do they have coverage?

They have their own excellent network in all major USA cities.  Outside of that, they have a deal with Sprint which makes their service nationwide.  

Wherever Sprint has coverage, MetroPCS has coverage.

The service is like $30/month for a non-smart phone, or $50/month for a smartphone -- for UNLIMITED EVERYTHING,  NO CONTRACT.  They don't even need to know your name nor address!

The provider company, MetroPCS,  doesn't accept Bitcoin (yet)....  but this Dealer does, at all their locations.

Yes, they'll simply accept Bitcoin at the MtGox exchange rate.

As a side note, I had a Motorola Droid on Verizon.   Ed had the HTC Evo on Sprint.   We both switched to the LG Optimus M on MetroPCS, and we love it!

My bill went from $146/month to $50/month (including taxes).

I WILL SAVE $1,200 / YEAR.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2010, 04:20:38 AM

Wow, that sounds good. Even though I'm in a contract it might be worth trying to get out. I don't know where I'l move though, I should find a coverage map.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Bruce Wagner (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2010, 04:28:43 AM

Wow, that sounds good. Even though I'm in a contract it might be worth trying to get out. I don't know where I'l move though, I should find a coverage map.

I paid $240 to cancel my Verizon contract.   It's well worth it.  I'll. SAVE $100 every month.

Coverage map:  http://MetroPCS.com
Vinnie

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2010, 04:33:27 AM

I paid $240 to cancel my Verizon contract.   It's well worth it.  I'll. SAVE $100 every month.

Coverage map:  http://MetroPCS.com

I'm intrigued. I live in Portland, can I still buy from this dealer in NYC?

Anonymous Cash-By-Mail Exchange: https://www.bitcoin2cash.com
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 07, 2010, 05:38:00 AM

you have my attention with this MetroPCS thing, can I use this vendor to pay my bills if I don't live near New York State?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Bruce Wagner (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2010, 11:02:38 PM

Yes, I believe so.   I see no reason why he cannot sell you phones, accessories, and service -- no matter where you live.  He can certainly accept Bitcoin, assign the new phone a new phone number (or port an existing number), and ship the phone to you.

Because I am working with him, if you have questions, feel free to call him (the dealer), and/or me.   646-580-0022

ALSO....   I just made a little treat for you guys.    (Maybe MetroPCS will send me a free phone, or at least a virtual flower bouquet...?)

See the YouTube video I just now posted:

Comparison of Motorola Droid on Verizon to LG Optimus M on MetroPCS  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlptYSDgWP8

Wink
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2010, 11:11:36 PM

So your friend knows that he have to convert from LR to dollars before finally making a profit?

Hmm, maybe you should trade him cash for bitcoins.

Bruce Wagner (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2010, 11:34:08 PM

So your friend knows that he have to convert from LR to dollars before finally making a profit?

Hmm, maybe you should trade him cash for bitcoins.

I am willing to give him cash for Bitcoin.  He says he may want to hold on to it in Bitcoin anyway though. 

Plus,  you can have USD direct deposited into your US bank account by MtGox too.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2010, 11:39:18 PM

There is a zipcode service search on the main MEtroPCS website that says that there is not service available in any of the zip codes near my city.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

Bruce Wagner (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2010, 03:14:46 AM

There is a zipcode service search on the main MEtroPCS website that says that there is not service available in any of the zip codes near my city.

What city are you in?

I recommend that you NOT enter your zip code...   Just go to  http://www.metropcs.com/coverage/  and look at that map.  Zoom in and find your city and area.  All purple areas have coverage.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2010, 03:19:44 AM

When I make enough bitcoins each month, one of the first thing I will be buying is a phone from this dude.

MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2010, 05:44:25 AM

What city are you in?

I recommend that you NOT enter your zip code...   Just go to  http://www.metropcs.com/coverage/  and look at that map.  Zoom in and find your city and area.  All purple areas have coverage.

According to that, I'm in a dark purple zone.

Bruce Wagner (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2010, 05:47:03 AM

Dark Purple is the primary (strongest) coverage area.  You're golden. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: