Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:59:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Receiving payment in PayTm for selling bitcoin . Is it SAFE ?  (Read 494 times)
equator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:39:35 PM

As mentioned above one of the user want to buy bitcoins by sending me the payment to my bank account through PayTm, Is it safe to deal as in paypal their is reverse transaction is their like this is their any option in PayTm.

Help me who ever have deal in PayTm
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sardasa

Activity: 1064
Merit: 502

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:51:10 PM

As mentioned above one of the user want to buy bitcoins by sending me the payment to my bank account through PayTm, Is it safe to deal as in paypal their is reverse transaction is their like this is their any option in PayTm.

Yes, if the PayTm account is stolen or credit card with which the funds were loaded in senders PayTm account was stolen.

equator (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:33:10 PM

Yes, if the PayTm account is stolen or credit card with which the funds were loaded in senders PayTm account was stolen.

What do you come to say, what i am asking and what you are replying is not related to the topic, can be more specific with the questioned answer.
Ither1994

Activity: 414
Merit: 100

THRIVE - THE PREMIUM DECENTRALIZED AD MARKETPLACE

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 04:02:11 PM

What he's saying is that it is safe if the person is using his funds and not using stolen accounts or credit card, so to secure yourself you have to make sure he owns the PayTm account and funding source used to fund the buyer's account.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     T H R I V E     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE PREMIUM DECENTRALIZED AD MARKETPLACE
Facebook    Twitter    Linkedin    Telegram    Medium    TGE PRIVATE ROUND  |  January 15th, 2018  ]
sardasa

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:04:40 PM

What he's saying is that it is safe if the person is using his funds and not using stolen accounts or credit card, so to secure yourself you have to make sure he owns the PayTm account and funding source used to fund the buyer's account.
Thanks for rephrasing in simpler words Smiley

CasioK

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:57:18 PM

PayTM funds cannot be stolen but yeah if the sender is a illegal person in any sorts then since Paytm is legal app they might sue you up, usually no problems cocur.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
equator (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:34:16 AM

PayTM funds cannot be stolen but yeah if the sender is a illegal person in any sorts then since Paytm is legal app they might sue you up, usually no problems cocur.

what you are telling is correct that is why i wanted to know that how can we find that the Paytm amount sent by the person is genuine and it is not stolen or he is using illegal way. because i am just doing transaction for btc. one more my question was that is the transaction in Paytm reversible like paypal. If the account is stolen and he buy bitcoin from me and when the real owner recovers his account will the transaction made by the thief will be get reversed.
mattermaster

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:36:19 PM

No, once the funds are sent from one paytm to another, it is impossible in their terms to reverse transaction.
You also can not see any options like this to mark your transaction as a mistake.
So you can be sure to deal with him

equator (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:46:07 PM

No, once the funds are sent from one paytm to another, it is impossible in their terms to reverse transaction.
You also can not see any options like this to mark your transaction as a mistake.
So you can be sure to deal with him

Thank you very much for this information and even i got confirmation from paytm itself and they have confirmed it that the transaction cannot get reverse once done it is closed nothing can be done. So now i can accept payment in Paytm.

Thank you very much for helping me to find the solution to my problem.
perfect999

Activity: 1610
Merit: 299

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:47:00 AM

That’s not too good though, you should opt in for better options like direct money transfer or you can even use western union to receive the cash or you can better still find alternatives like, skrill, neteller, payza e.t.c
sardasa

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:00:53 AM

That’s not too good though, you should opt in for better options like direct money transfer or you can even use western union to receive the cash or you can better still find alternatives like, skrill, neteller, payza e.t.c
Skrill, Neteller, payza they're all reversible.
PayTm is way better than the three alternatives you have mentioned.

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 10:38:47 AM

Never trust any user whom you haven't trade with before with Paytm or any other Indian wallet. I was scammed by a user with Citrus cash as he sent me stolen funds. You can just Google and find out how many users have been sent fraudulent funds from these Indian payment wallets, some used hacked credit/debit cards to load cash and sent it to other users for bitcoins or buying items and the users then got scammed. It's same as PayPal and Payza.

cryptoisdafuture

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 06:38:47 PM

Might be little old by now, but PayTM is the standard PayPal equivalent run in India. I've friends who used it and they've had no issues.
dumbtool45

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:34:03 PM

PayTm is really safe if youre an idiot.

More, it is fast. And for everyone that is crying about reversible payments. Everything is reversible with a court order
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:42:53 PM

Lol? So you have to be an idiot to use PayTm safely? I don't what PayTm  is  but i think you are being sarcastic here.
More, it is fast. And for everyone that is crying about reversible payments. Everything is reversible with a court order
If their terms of service says that their payments are not reversible, then the payments will not be reversible even under a court order. Users agreed to their ToS before enjoying their service so the court will have no power here (there are some exceptional cases where a third party is involved and had no relation with the service).

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
dumbtool45

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:04:08 PM

Lol? So you have to be an idiot to use PayTm safely? I don't what PayTm  is  but i think you are being sarcastic here.
If their terms of service says that their payments are not reversible, then the payments will not be reversible even under a court order. Users agreed to their ToS before enjoying their service so the court will have no power here (there are some exceptional cases where a third party is involved and had no relation with the service).

I did not wanted to write idiot. Maybe I was thinking at something different and this is what came out. Really sorry for writing that word. I actually can't even realise what I wanted to say..
equator (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:20:22 AM

I did not wanted to write idiot. Maybe I was thinking at something different and this is what came out. Really sorry for writing that word. I actually can't even realise what I wanted to say..

That is why it is told by elders that when you do one work just think about it dont think anything else and do any other work, then this type of mistakes will happen.

Any how i have got lot of information on Paytm and dont want any argument to be indulged in this thread so i am closing this topic
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: