Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:09:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another PayPal Rant (FUCK EM)  (Read 800 times)
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 03:45:34 AM

*I safely used this method (which I even posted as a way to sell bitcoins on ebay safely-don't worry, I have edited) for COUNTLESS bitcoin transactions on ebay, not a problem once.*

I wanted to write up this guide, but wasn't sure where to put it. I decided here since it offers instruction, and I know not just newbie members check this board.

Anyways, I want to share with you a completely safe way to sell bitcoins on eBay. eBay and PayPal are covered in an aura of taboo in the bitcoin world. That's because-obviously-scammers use those methods to steal from you. And, both PayPal and eBay like the customer, so if you sell bitcoins for PayPal, you get back a nice fat chargeback.
The problem with selling bitcoins on eBay or for PayPal, by strictly sending them electronically is that there is no physical aspect involved. THAT is why PayPal sides with the buyer-they aren't used to selling digital goods, just tangible things. If you sell Bitcoins for PayPal, on eBay or elsewhere, you thus have to have something tangible involved-and if it has tracking, its virtually impossible to get a chargeback.
I have sold a lot of bitcoins on eBay. This is the way I do it: I simply print out a bitcoin bill (go to bitaddress.org, hit "bulk wallet" and under "generate", put the number of keypairs you would like made. 1 bitcoin bill=1 keypair. Then, go to printcoins.com, hit "print your own" and fill in the initial fields with whatever you want-they're just for fun-I put "Bank of Johnniewalker". In the big dialog box, copy and paste the entire keypair from bitaddress.org. Pick a design, then hit "Generate PDF of bills". If you have thicker paper, customers would be more impressed, but if not don't worry, just print the bill.)
NOW you have something tangible. If you sell through eBay, you can mail w/tracking for $1.69.
You tell the customer that once the bill is made, you destroy all data pertaining to it (and you do-don't be a scammer). Thus, once they receive the bitcoin bill (still it has 0 balance) they need to send you a message with the public address of the bill. Once they give it to you, send the funds to the address, go to blockchain.info, enter the public address, and take a screenshot for confirmation of funds sent.

.....aaaaaaand you're done!

After more than 50 (I counted) transactions involving bitcoins, PayPal has restricted my account, saying that their services cannot be used for currency exchange, check cashing, bitcoins and EVEN Bitcoin COLLECTIBLES (like a redeemed Casascius coin). I am fighting this because, for one thing, the restriction on collectibles is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous. Also, they say they do not allow their services to be used as currency exchanges. Well, all US currency ever produced is STILL legal tender (as is the case with other countries' currency, too). You know how many listings there are for say, Silver Eagles? With a LEGAL TENDER amount of $1? I could buy that with Euros if I wanted to. If thats not a currency exchange, what is it?
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 03:57:24 AM

If only someone could have warned you this might happen.
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:43:57 AM

I'm not too upset. I made a bunch of money (mark-up was ridiculous, and no one had a  problem paying it). I'm still waiting on PayPal to answer my "currency-exchange"  question. And my solution: continue to sell on eBay, but accept credit cards directly, bypassing PayPal completely Wink
Zaih

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 02:03:08 PM

I guess you could say you had it coming for you. It's not as if Paypal doesn't make their terms and conditions extremely clear Tongue

At least you made a decent amount from the scheme. I assume there's not much stopping you from creating a new Paypal account and getting back into it again?
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:40:57 PM

Is there anyone on earth who actually likes PayPal?
aceking

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 09:18:55 PM

Is there anyone on earth who actually likes PayPal?

no
RavinTavin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

RavinTavin from MyFreeCams

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 12:13:26 PM

Fuck paypal  Shocked

BTC DonationSee Profile Bellow Online Daily 7pm-1am  Eastern Time Zone. USA, times may vary Wink
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/RavinTavin <--- Click! 18+ Only
1bettor.com

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 06:05:54 PM

Weird, you see certiain ebayers selling coins (casascius) over and over again and they don seem to have a problem. Its like they randomly select people at will to fuck with.

Just doesnt make sense at all.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:23:26 PM

Weird, you see certiain ebayers selling coins (casascius) over and over again and they don seem to have a problem. Its like they randomly select people at will to fuck with.

Just doesnt make sense at all.

That is one of the major reasons PayPal sucks. They love to randomly fuck with people and do it inconsistently.
1bettor.com

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 08:31:18 PM

I havent sold on ebay in years. Actually, dont think I bought anything in years either. The fees started to go up, people reporting problems, then they get to double dip (paypal & ebay). Thats why I have no use for my account and trying to get rid of it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: