Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:45:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Youtube.com/Gay  (Read 841 times)
Lecture (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:57:39 AM

Selling my prized possession I've had since Youtube came out.

https://www.youtube.com/user/gay/

Looking for alteast 1 bitcoin but will take .9

Proof is in the bio. need more proof? pm me
Lecture (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:39:42 AM

Yup. Still looking for that 1 btc
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 07:55:57 AM

Here's a horribly-formatted transcript of how I ended up spending my last ~2h, for the sake of disclosure. I was obviously too uncomfortable not using escrow with someone new, pseudonymous, selling something for far less than it's worth, and just should've said no. It was a serious offer, though. Pretty weasel-y of me, what I was intending to do. I wasn't intending a bad end-product, it just seemed like a pretty silly way to likely throw $120 away when I could just make a grab for the account and release the coins after. Ballsy weasel-y move, I think. In the end, he doesn't have any coins, and I don't have any gay Youtube channels. Really, I was expecting to be considered reputable enough to just get a few minutes in to change stuff around if he wasn't a scammer. (depending on how this is viewed, though - some may now certainly believe he was right!)

I'm in bold, and now I'm off to bed, because I wasn't expecting this to take so long.  Smiley

Hey there

Rick James
hey
You Kluge?

Yep

1:57 AM
Rick James
ok

So how'll this work?

2:00 AM
Rick James
idk
2:01 AM
Rick James
umm
2:02 AM
Rick James
you there

yeah -- slow Internet

Rick James
o ok
2:03 AM
Rick James
I can send the info first but then you need to send the 1 bitcoin

I've never purchased a Google account before. Not sure what ways there are to recover it.

2:05 AM
Rick James
Well i bought this off someone so i don't think so
2:07 AM

Hmm.. How about a 10-minute refund policy?

Rick James
what do you mean?

If I find there's some reason I can't change it over without it being able to be recovered, then I can give you back the info without needing to pay the coin.

2:09 AM
Rick James
well i don't know about that
i was recently scammed by a gambling site
so i'm out 1.2 right now
btc

Well. We could do escrow, too, and I'll pay the fee.
2:10 AM
Rick James
whats escrow?
I'd rather I send the info and you send bitcoin its faster

So like - if I were selling you a car, but you lived somewhere far away, we'd both agree on someone we trust who holds the BTC. I send the escrow agent the BTC, you send over the Google account info, and if everything's cool, escrow gets released to you.

2:12 AM
Rick James
o ok.
but wouldn't take time
2:13 AM

I mean - I'm fine doing it without escrow, I just want to make sure I can switch over all the account details and there's no chance of recovery. I've been scammed out of thousands of coins in the past couple years, so I think I'm even more paranoid than you, heh.

Rick James
Damm that's alot
Well could we do this

Yeah. They weren't worth much back then, at least.

2:15 AM
Rick James
I send info, you send 0.50, you fix everything and then you send 0.50

Ehhh... I could still be out $60 that way. Not as bad as $120, but I don't want to risk it.
Escrow, though... we could even do it on Bitmit, so it'd be automated.

Rick James
bitmit?

yeah http://bitmit.net/
You list it like an eBay auction and just check the escrow box when you list the YT account.

2:17 AM
Rick James
o ok I'll do it now
2:24 AM
Rick James
https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/33730-youtube-com-gay
2:26 AM
Rick James
send it to their address *snip*

Okay... now just waiting on it to confirm
https://blockchain.info/tx/722c7417f1e6434baf61e5c02a3f054e2cdea9ce263ef3115f98cabb967e9f6c
I sent it to my BitMit wallet. It'll show as paid when it transfers. I thought I might get some confirms before you listed it so it'd hurry up.

2:28 AM
Rick James
o ok did u send to *snip* though?
2:29 AM

No, it's going to my BitMit wallet. BitMit can take the funds in my wallet and apply it to that.

Rick James
*snip*

I need to send some extra to that address though... I didn't send enough for fees

2:30 AM
Rick James
so how does this site work>
2:32 AM

It's pretty much just an eBay clone, but takes Bitcoin. It has a wallet kind of like you'd have on PayPal if you goto https://www.bitmit.net/en/service/wallet -- when you get the funds, you just place a withdrawal from there.
*there, into your own wallet.

Rick James
o ok. How long until I receive the bitcoin?
59 mins ago

However long 6 confirms takes. BitMit's kind of annoyingly cautious. Shouldn't be much more than an hour, if that long... but this block looks like it's going to be long.

58 mins ago
Rick James
ok
56 mins ago
Rick James
I have more youtubes
49 mins ago

Yeah?
I'm not too sure what I'll be doing with it, so I'll probably hold off on buying anything else for a while.

Rick James
ya.
48 mins ago
Rick James
So How does this work.
Like u send the bitcoin, i send the info, then you claim you received it, and then it gets released?

Yeah

Rick James
I also I have *snip*
if you want that instead
46 mins ago
Rick James
Do you want that instead
?

Naw. Hardwares for a few years, sexual orientation is forever. (or something like that)

Rick James
Lol
45 mins ago

At 2/6 confirmations, now...

Rick James
slow!!!

Yeah... Silly of BitMit to wait so long for these.

Rick James
yup
34 mins ago
Rick James
32 mins ago

yup

Rick James
we should have done my way

Yeah.
We still can.

31 mins ago
Rick James
alright lets just do that

I have coins sitting @ https://blockchain.info/address/*snip*

Rick James
damm you got alot
Smiley

Yeah... you don't know how much I owe, though, heh.

30 mins ago
Rick James
lol.
so you ready

yeah

28 mins ago
Rick James
You receive info, you send bitcoin

Alright

27 mins ago
Rick James
are you sure you wont scam me?

Pretty sure. I've run an escrow and lending service for about a year, now... would be kind of silly to throw it away over 1BTC.

Rick James
ok
25 mins ago
Rick James
let me change the password
22 mins ago
Rick James
my address is 17xYsaUPYXx546YKjaHrhGmZkc6WoFrDN5

err

Rick James
email is *snip*

Oh - okay, nm on my "err"
I thought that was the BitMit address. Started almost the same.

Rick James
o it isn't
password is *snip*
please don't scam me
21 mins ago

87b0d7484c3e97f3f604616f76fb4588c58cd30c4f4a92655f1aef3ed5551c8c

Rick James
what is that?

Oh - sorry. transaction will show up @ https://blockchain.info/tx/87b0d7484c3e97f3f604616f76fb4588c58cd30c4f4a92655f1aef3ed5551c8c
That was the transaction ID

Rick James
how long?
19 mins ago

should be less than a minute (ETA for forum: This was a lie. I didn't trust him at all. Not really his fault, either. I was intending to "hold the gun," and had good intentions, but obviously only I will know that for sure.)

Rick James
it doesn't take that much time to show a blockchain
17 mins ago
Rick James
u scamming me
15 mins ago

Actually.... I set the transaction on a delay to make sure you wouldn't try to change recovery options back. I've been scammed too many times.

Rick James
nope you just tried to scam me
you can't do that
14 mins ago
Rick James
lol
trying to scam me
see you won't even respond back
12 mins ago

Well - you've changed the password back to something else. I may not have stopped peers from relaying the transaction, so you might still get paid. I'm pretty sure you attempted to scam me, but maybe not -- maybe we're both just paranoid as Hell.
If you do end up getting the coins and aren't trying to scam me, I would appreciate getting the info.

Rick James
I'm not trying to scam you
you said it would take 1 minute to see the blockchain
11 mins ago
Rick James
1 minute passed and nothing happened

I lied.
That's the paranoia.

Rick James
I got paranoid so i changed the password

It's funny. We were kind of in a race. I raced over to close out all the other Gmail sessions, but was too slow, apparently.
10 mins ago
Well -- maybe not funny.

Rick James
I do i know you actually sent the bitcoin
I actually sent the info

There are 3 confs on the transaction to BitMit, fwiw https://blockchain.info/tx/722c7417f1e6434baf61e5c02a3f054e2cdea9ce263ef3115f98cabb967e9f6c

Rick James
and you didn't

Yeah - but the problem with not using escrow is that you could immediately change it back.
And I'd have no recourse.

8 mins ago
Rick James
i'm not talking about the one for bitmit

Which you did - but that was my fault.

Rick James
and also on bitmit
you could say u never got the info and then i wouldn't  get the bitcoin
7 mins ago

If you post the info in the BitMit messaging system, the site admin/mods would know.
Rick James
still you never sent the bitcoin when i sent you the info so u did try to scam me
6 mins ago

I did send the BTC. The actual problem was that my Bitcoin client wasn't sync'd. I knew that, and knew it'd produce a transaction ID without relaying it to peers. So that was indeed my fault entirely.
I'm ~100 blocks behind. When I sent to BitMit, I sent from my BitFinex account.

Rick James
but how do i know that?

You don't.
That's kind of the problem with digital sales, I suppose.

5 mins ago
Rick James
how long would it take for bitcoin you sent to come?

I shut off the Bitcoin client after you changed the pw. It's still possible they'll wind up in your wallet, eventually, though.
4 mins ago
Rick James
how though?

I had a time when I needed to pay someone, and he switched his address after I sent, but was behind on syncing then, too. I deleted the logs which store queued transactions, but it still ended up going to the wrong address and I had to pay him twice.
3 mins ago
Rick James
and how long did it take to come in?

The only way for me to ensure the coins aren't sent would be to delete my BTC client entirely and just use a backed-up wallet.
Rick James
cuz i can wait and if they come i will resend the info

It took until I re-sync'd with the blockchain, but I still had Bitcoin open, then.
Rick James
that's the only way now
1 min ago

If I can't do it through escrow on BitMit, then I'm sorry I wasted a giant chunk of your time.
Right now, neither of us trust each other at all.

Rick James
yup u kinda did.
I trusted you but you didn't trust me

(Quick edit because I should've gone to sleep a while ago -- he offered to wait for BitMit before I realized we'd be in exactly the same situation. He'd want escrow released right after he gave info. Initially, I tried to get John to do it, but he was busy for a bit.)
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 08:13:39 AM

Oh God, Kluge definitely can be trusted for that paltry 1 BTC.  Lips sealed
Just drop me a PM if you still need my escrow services. I think I can be trusted with 1 BTC, no?  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: