Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:01:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Will Regain The Mantle To Be Bitcoin  (Read 833 times)
25hashcoin (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:16:56 PM

http://bitcoinandtheblockchain.blogspot.co.nz/2017/08/bitcoin-cash-bch-will-regain-mantle-to.html

...This large fluctuation of BTC hash rate could be the miners preventing difficulty from adjusting downwards, and at the same time growing the mempool. It is also possible that with over 1000 blocks to the next difficulty recalculation, we may not see another difficulty adjustment on BTC anytime soon.

It is uncanny that we see very little discussion and debate at the very top. It is as though the NYA agreement have settled everything. However make no mistake. What seem calm belies what is happening in the background. Like a duck on the water paddling furiously underneath....

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
satoshforever

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:24:39 PM

Why does this quote explain the headline? "Regain" is a strange term considering that it never dominated. Bitcoin Cash is centralized Bitcoin, I doubt that'll eventually be the winner
25hashcoin (OP)

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:27:51 PM

Why does this quote explain the headline? "Regain" is a strange term considering that it never dominated. Bitcoin Cash is centralized Bitcoin, I doubt that'll eventually be the winner

Bitcoin Cash brings back and upholds Satoshis original vision of Bitcoin as peer to peer electronic cash.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
Uchee

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:58:39 PM

Maybe bitcoin cash isn't as useless as many thought
iluvpie60

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:20:24 PM

Unfortunately, BCH likely isn't going anywhere.

What will really happen you ask?

It is too confusing and complicated for the average person to understand what BTC really is or does, let alone the differences between BTC and BCH. What really will happen is BCH will continue along with 8MBblocks, maybe they start to get more full to around 2 or 3 MB on average, that will signal Segwit2X is safe to activate.

I see BCH as more of a test that split off from BTC, even though Satoshi clearly said on-chain scaling is what is needed and in the long run the average person might not be able to run nodes and what not(I am paraphrasing this).

In the end,  Segwit2x will happen, 2MB blocks will be a thing on BTC, later BTC will go higher(when it is needed).

kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:22:52 PM

People are waking up to the fact that BSegwit is not Satoshi's Bitcoin they signed up for, BCash is.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
SirPereira

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:16:33 PM

I don't believe this to happen at all.

Do you realize that this article came out just today, when BCH value increased about 30%?

As BTC has still a lot to be spread about and people still don't fully understand it, how are we really suppose to explain a fork of BTC, that has not given proof that would be reliable in the future?

I don't support this point at all for now. Perhaps in 5 years they would have something worth it.
hidetoshi

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:32:29 PM

People are waking up to the fact that BSegwit is not Satoshi's Bitcoin they signed up for, BCash is.

Bitcoin is more like GMaxwell's vision and Bitcoincash is more like Satoshi's vision. Markets will ultimately decide whose vision is correct.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 08:41:42 PM

I am not underestimating BCH or any alt coin but I honestly think that Bitcoin has strong future potential than any other at least at this stage. When it comes to the price, BCH might touch $1K level but even in that case, I wouldn't invest in that alt-coin because I am not impressed with it. However, if someone is holding BCH then there is no loss in holding it for some more time because actual investment amount is absolutely nill other than opportunity cost.
Thatstinks

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:48:05 PM

Bitcoin Cash getting stronger and as people become aware it is the "real" bitcoin it will rocket.

2x will NOT happen, it will be blocked and due to Bitcoin Cash and it's success, therefore BTC will be fighting for its life soon.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:54:04 PM

Just another shitcoin trying to hijack bitcoin's brand, I'm amazed how it is worth so much, it's basically fiat, made from thin air.

It cannot 'regain' what it never had.

Jordan23

Activity: 382
Merit: 311

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:59:31 PM

This lady post her propaganda daily trying to convince herself.

Who has all that hashpower?
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:56:20 PM

Bitcoin Cash brings back and upholds Satoshis original vision of Bitcoin as peer to peer electronic cash.
You still haven't answered the headline problem. It never had the mantle! Cheesy

If Satoshi wanted his project to continue according to his will he would've stayed and guided it. His original vision was to allow people to vote, so they can shape it the way they want! The fact that you want BCC to succeed means nothing, because people aren't buying it. The price is constantly below 0.1 BTC.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
skyline247

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:56:40 PM

This lady post her propaganda daily trying to convince herself.

Who has all that hashpower?

We should hold protests in the streets about Bitcoin Cash. xD

"Where is the hashpower?!, Where is the hashpower?!", where is the hashpower?!"

People will think we are talking of marijuana (hash). Cheesy
SirPereira

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:13:11 PM

Bitcoin Cash getting stronger and as people become aware it is the "real" bitcoin it will rocket.

2x will NOT happen, it will be blocked and due to Bitcoin Cash and it's success, therefore BTC will be fighting for its life soon.

What makes you think that BCC will be considered as the "real" bitcoin? People who get into BTC world are mainly getting it by hearing in the news "the price of BTC", or because some friend told them about that same price.

What would make people want to enter BCC and not BTC as the real cash is into BTC?
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:27:21 PM

Once again posting about an altcoin in Bitcoin discussion board, I can see that Satoshi himself is mining only on BCH chain with 2 other pools finding a block

Every few hours or so, Satoshi's vision=Satoshi mining it alone. what you don't get is that if people start moving away from Bitcoin, developers will see that

And will start to change things the way that majority of users want, and they will propose the changes for users/miners to choose from. who is earning the

Most profit by mining BCH and who has most of the hashpower with asicboost advantage? for how many years Bitmain used asicboost without anyone noticing?

That was Bitcoin and everyone were supposed to peer review the code, I don't see anyone interested enough to review BCH code, oh wait they have done so

And found out about asicboost and tried to disable it but some miner decided to keep mining on that chain. unless you guys promise to buy BCH for $2000

From miners, otherwise we're good.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:33:17 PM

http://bitcoinandtheblockchain.blogspot.co.nz/2017/08/bitcoin-cash-bch-will-regain-mantle-to.html

...This large fluctuation of BTC hash rate could be the miners preventing difficulty from adjusting downwards, and at the same time growing the mempool. It is also possible that with over 1000 blocks to the next difficulty recalculation, we may not see another difficulty adjustment on BTC anytime soon.

It is uncanny that we see very little discussion and debate at the very top. It is as though the NYA agreement have settled everything. However make no mistake. What seem calm belies what is happening in the background. Like a duck on the water paddling furiously underneath....
The source of the statement isn't trusted source. From free blogging platform blogspot. I doubt the article is really coming from technical developer bitcoin. I think it is just a link to promote the blogspot so one will visit the blog. Just in case, see the power of bitcoin now after august 1. The price is climbing to 5000 what does it mean " regain?"
xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 11:15:16 PM

Bitcoin Cash is just Bitcoin, cheap transactions (some 0 fee transactions procesed too) and instant transactions (offchain) are possible on Bitcoin Cash   Grin

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
Fishbones78

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 11:45:10 PM

Nah. Bitcoin is too strong.

If you ask someone to name an online currency, the first answer will 99.9% likely be Bitcoin, not Bitcoin Cash. Although BTC isnt used by most people, it's the only crypto they've probably heard of.

BCH on the other hand is a completely new currency (and whilst I think it is nice with such a large block size), it's just an expensive altcoin.

To make Bitcoin an alt coin would literally take some kind of miracle, although I personally would regard it as a tragedy.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:15:15 AM

You know, sometimes I wonder why don’t these Bitcoin Cash drug addicts sit their ass* down on a couch, than flying around the web like fangs and looking for whom to get seriously pissed out? Do they even have a forum, because I don’t know why I’m seeing them posting on Bitcointalk ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: