Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:54:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get my BitCoin Cash from BlockChain.info Wallet.  (Read 3025 times)
comandu (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:03:56 PM

PLEASE,

I did all the recommendations to get the BCC's but something is not working. Here is my track:

1 - Created a new Wallet (Ledger) and on August 4 sent all my BTC's from the (old) BlockChain Wallet to the Ledger one.
2 - Tried to recover my 12 words seed from the BTC empty BlockChain.info wallet on electron-cash wallet.

Result:

1 - The electron-cash wallet shows an incomplete history. The history track stop at July 14th which is not true. I had other deposits later in between the 14th and the 28th of July.
2 - My Bcc Balance is empty! How come if I moved the BTC after the fork and they should have gone nowhere?

Please Help.

I also have a doubt about my BlockChain.info wallet. Is it still safe after all this recovering activity in another wallet?

Thank you very much
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:34:44 PM

PLEASE,

I did all the recommendations to get the BCC's but something is not working. Here is my track:

1 - Created a new Wallet (Ledger) and on August 4 sent all my BTC's from the (old) BlockChain Wallet to the Ledger one.
2 - Tried to recover my 12 words seed from the BTC empty BlockChain.info wallet on electron-cash wallet.

Result:

1 - The electron-cash wallet shows an incomplete history. The history track stop at July 14th which is not true. I had other deposits later in between the 14th and the 28th of July.
2 - My Bcc Balance is empty! How come if I moved the BTC after the fork and they should have gone nowhere?

Please Help.

I also have a doubt about my BlockChain.info wallet. Is it still safe after all this recovering activity in another wallet?

Thank you very much

Are the addresses in the electron cash and the blockchain.info wallet the same.

If so, and your previous history is imported correctly can you go to the network panel and click to select serversautomatically. Then select a server with all of the blocks to the height of the blockchain of bitcoin cash.
Also, check the main peer that it is connected to as that is either a BTC peer or a BCC peer that is out of sync - so check the type and the height first?
comandu (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:45:33 PM

PLEASE,

Result:

Please Help.

Thank you very much

If so, and your previous history is imported correctly can you go to the network panel and click to select serversautomatically. Then select a server with all of the blocks to the height of the blockchain of bitcoin cash.
Also, check the main peer that it is connected to as that is either a BTC peer or a BCC peer that is out of sync - so check the type and the height first?

Yes the addresses are the same and I have also tried to work the servers. It is very strange because how come it say my bcc where withdrawn? I am very upset how such large company like blockchain.info did not get organized to help its customers properly. Thanks Jackg!
Are the addresses in the electron cash and the blockchain.info wallet the same.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:03:09 AM

Whatever you do, follow only safe instructions where you have full and sole control over your recovery phrase and private keys.

Never ever ever follow instructions shown on videos posted on YouTube.

And be aware of the scam discussed here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2099371.0

It doesn't matter how impressive the website is or how professional the YouTube video appears to be. Don't be tempted. The most important thing you need to remember is to never share your recovery phrase and private keys with anyone. One scammer stole more than $200k worth of coins (collectively) using instructions explained on a YouTube video. That video is now disabled but of course the scammer and coins are long gone.

bitnew17

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:21:40 PM

if do it the way istartups explains above, no need to download electron wallet?  So BTC stays in blockchain.info?  Would this be better than
https://cointelegraph.com/news/btccom-launches-recovery-tool-to-get-your-trapped-bitcoin-cash way of doing?  Is btc.com wallet or electron cash wallet better?
neutraLTC
Legendary

Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 03:03:07 PM

if do it the way istartups explains above, no need to download electron wallet?  So BTC stays in blockchain.info?  Would this be better than
https://cointelegraph.com/news/btccom-launches-recovery-tool-to-get-your-trapped-bitcoin-cash way of doing?  Is btc.com wallet or electron cash wallet better?

BTC.com is been around for a long time! More downloads, big team big backers... not much of a choice Wink

DEMAND STRATUMV2 MINING POOL: DMND.WORK
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:43:56 PM

BTC.com is been around for a long time! More downloads, big team big backers... not much of a choice Wink

The electron cash dev has also been around for a while.

Although, BTC.com from what I recall is part of the Bitmain group so should be fairly trustworthy based on the time they've been here.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1344
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 06:48:42 PM

Although, BTC.com from what I recall is part of the Bitmain group so should be fairly trustworthy based on the time they've been here.
And i think electron cash are safe to use because its recommended by electrum team.
Well since we are not still tested all wallet much better to look for more reviews by  others who are already use the wallet..
I just heard that coinomi is also good wallet for bitcoin cash but i don't know if its safe to use..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
neutraLTC
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 08:53:41 AM

Yes, we are a part of Bitmain.

comandu (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:24:55 PM

I will guide you how to get your bcc from blockchain.info including any imported wallets on your existing wallet.
1 - install electron cash (used it personally and so far so good) https://electroncash.org/ (small bug sometimes if you auto connect server it picks the other blockchain so you need to manually select server)
2 - log in and get your 12-word seed backup phrase
3 - open electron cash
4. > auto connect
5. > choose wallet file name
6. > standard wallet
7. > I already have a seed
8. > options
9. > "tick" BIP39 seed
10. > input your 12 word seed 11. > next 12. > enjoy your bcc!!!

FOR IMPORTED WALLETS ON BLOCKCHAIN.INFO:
go to the side bar > settings > addresses > under imported wallet you will have an address press the option next to it and retrieve WIM private key
now for the trickier part download the casascius BTC address: https://casascius.com/btcaddress.zip IT WILL GIVE YOU A FALSE POSITIVE WARNING BY GOOGLE
do the following using casascius BTC address 1. Open 'Address > Enter an address/key' and enter blockchain.info's WIF key. 2. Copy the hex private key of the address that was added (view its details by right clicking it). 3. Open 'Tools > Base58 calculator' and enter the copied hex. 4. Go to 'Mode > Use Checksum' and make sure that it's checked and copy the base58 result. 5. Same as step 1 but enter the result from 4 instead. 6. Now your real address should be added. Just view the details and copy the WIF private key and import it to electron cash.
If you found this useful please tip experimented with my own coin to figure it out
335oE7TCzDLWEAiegj6TZY1FcYmzZneM13

Thank you but unfortunately I did all that you described and when I finished the process what it showed up was an incomplete history and a an empty wallet... I am very suspicious about electron wallet, cannot even have the gut to use my "old" BlockChain wallet again in fear of having written down my seed words on electron... It has been a nightmare trying to get these BCC... Still no success.

I also tried to recover on Bread wallet and it ALSO accused the seed words wallet to be empty...
lukaexpl

Activity: 148
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:05:26 PM

PLEASE,

Did a bit of education myself. Hopefully it helps others.

I see two potential problems:

Blockchain.info wallet recovery seed only works for hierarchical deterministic wallets created some time after 2013.
Blockchain.info wallet recovery seed only recovers private keys for those addresses and not imported addresses.

So if you have imported addresses in your blockchain wallet the seed will miss those.
Or if you have a very old Blockchain wallet the seed will not recover keys from the 'old' addresses because they were at some point imported into newly formatted blockchain wallet.

Electrum I have no experience.
neutraLTC
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 03:21:55 PM

I will guide you how to get your bcc from blockchain.info including any imported wallets on your existing wallet.
1 - install electron cash (used it personally and so far so good) https://electroncash.org/ (small bug sometimes if you auto connect server it picks the other blockchain so you need to manually select server)
2 - log in and get your 12-word seed backup phrase
3 - open electron cash
4. > auto connect
5. > choose wallet file name
6. > standard wallet
7. > I already have a seed
8. > options
9. > "tick" BIP39 seed
10. > input your 12 word seed 11. > next 12. > enjoy your bcc!!!

FOR IMPORTED WALLETS ON BLOCKCHAIN.INFO:
go to the side bar > settings > addresses > under imported wallet you will have an address press the option next to it and retrieve WIM private key
now for the trickier part download the casascius BTC address: https://casascius.com/btcaddress.zip IT WILL GIVE YOU A FALSE POSITIVE WARNING BY GOOGLE
do the following using casascius BTC address 1. Open 'Address > Enter an address/key' and enter blockchain.info's WIF key. 2. Copy the hex private key of the address that was added (view its details by right clicking it). 3. Open 'Tools > Base58 calculator' and enter the copied hex. 4. Go to 'Mode > Use Checksum' and make sure that it's checked and copy the base58 result. 5. Same as step 1 but enter the result from 4 instead. 6. Now your real address should be added. Just view the details and copy the WIF private key and import it to electron cash.
If you found this useful please tip experimented with my own coin to figure it out
335oE7TCzDLWEAiegj6TZY1FcYmzZneM13

Thank you but unfortunately I did all that you described and when I finished the process what it showed up was an incomplete history and a an empty wallet... I am very suspicious about electron wallet, cannot even have the gut to use my "old" BlockChain wallet again in fear of having written down my seed words on electron... It has been a nightmare trying to get these BCC... Still no success.

I also tried to recover on Bread wallet and it ALSO accused the seed words wallet to be empty...

have you tried our tool -> https://blog.btc.com/how-to-recover-your-trapped-bitcoin-cash-from-other-wallets-24b929543f26

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: