Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:46:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Virtual Mining Corp Pre-Orders  (Read 5472 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 10:10:00 AM

28nm chip will cost lot money to develop .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tom_o

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 10:39:12 AM

Virtual Mining Corporation is now taking pre-orders for its
Fast-Hash-80 80 GH/s Bitcoin Mining Machine.

www.virtualminingcorp.com

So much info from you...When do you expect to have a prototype working? What about finished devices for customers? Why aren't you giving more info?

Because it's fake and a scam.

Right they're developing 26, 45, 65 AND 90nm chips that apparently go into ATX boards. What bullshit, doesn't even make sense!
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 03:19:28 PM

So much info from you...When do you expect to have a prototype working? What about finished devices for customers? Why aren't you giving more info?

Our first series of machines will be build using the tested technology of Avalon, there chips and there board, this will be our version 1 board.  We will then take that board a re-spin it with a PCI express interface so our customers will be able to use our expansion case.  After we re-spin the board we will have an upgrade program for our version 1 board for customer who wish to upgrade. 

We have chips on order from Avalon and will be placing more orders for chips depending on our sales.  Our delivery date will be adjusted based on sales.  The current date for delivery is only for the first batch of machines that we order chips for in the next week.  This also it depends on our suppliers, i.e. Avalon. 

I talked with Yifu at Bitcoin 2013 and Avalon is not going to be build any more machines, they are just going to be a chip supplier.

Our second and third series of machines will be build on our own Fast-Hash chips 45nm and 28nm.  Since we are here in San Jose at Bitcoin 2013, of which we will be posting video on the site, we had a meeting with our supplier of our chips.

Since we are using Avalon's technology chips and boards we don't expect a long testing time.  Also, talking with Yifu, if we could order a complete order of 10,000 chips, we would receive some testing chips.
The rest of our parts for our machines our off-the-shelf and are readily available.  Our shipping date is firm for about the first 20 devices sold, then we will move that date back to 9/30/2013 for the next 100 macines.

I hope this gives you the information you need.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 03:21:58 PM

On the who is.... is that real info?   Its someones lol.

Edited after seeing his forum name.... it seems to be real lol. 

but you can see the site is only registered until March 2014 whilst some of his products are due for completion in Dec 2014.  Umm....

Yes, we just started the company, however check out my axs.net which was registered in 1997!
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 03:25:17 PM

may i be the first to call scam...

pictures are of a std 4u case......still with dvd rom pictured in place, and by the looks of it they are supamicro cases Sad

picture of back of case show std atx board pinouts...inc vga and audio.... http://www.virtualminingcorp.com/example/slider3.jpg
                                                                                                   http://www.virtualminingcorp.com/example/slider4.jpg

simply wtf http://www.virtualminingcorp.com/example/slider5.jpg

and ive not evan really looked hard or read the site........
http://www.virtualminingcorp.com/example/slider5.jpg

That picture is lifted from Magma PCIe extender cases.

http://www.magma.com/catalog/basic-pcie-expansion

http://www.virtualminingcorp.com/example/serv1.jpg <----? Take a look at the text.

They must have incredible bulk-purchase discounts! OMG!

Does then 25BTC model feature the MAGMA 13 you think? I mean, there weren't that many slots (OK, they were unpopulated.. Smiley) in the 4U server (i.e. not the MAGMA).

If yes, I want TWO. No, make that FOUR!

Do they accept coupons? Groupon anyone?

Grin

The Magma case is an option, if you check out our shopping cart you can configure the type of machine you want.  Since I am here at Bitcoin 2013, I had to only put the button for the one product, our Fast-Hash-80, but I will be fixing the cart for the other options.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 03:29:47 PM

The 28nm chips are estimated to have speeds of 9 to 15 GH/s per chip
really ......per chip.....

That seems very possible. I mean, the CedarTec ones were quoted at 10GH/s per chip (80GH/s, 8 chips). Maybe they overclock them to reach 15GH/s.

These look like serious contenders. Watch out! Smiley

We have just estimated the speed to be about 50% gain over our 45nm chips.  However, in our meeting with our Semiconductor company which is currently doing a feasibility study on our RTL code, they indicated that the 28nm chips may have 100% gain over the 45nm.  Of course these are just estimates as we say about, but we have tried to be very conservative with the estimates.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 03:33:03 PM

The prototype itself signifies that the design works, and most (if not all) bugs encountered won't kill the company's future.

It is only rational to produce a proof of concept....that not even a simulation could provide.

Still, the pricing is... suspicious.

Yes, and we will have a prototype as soon as we get chips from Avalon.  We are in an order placed on May 1 for 1,1,50 chips which are
for machines in our AMC mining cooperative.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 03:35:16 PM

28nm chip will cost lot money to develop .

Yes, We just had a meeting with our Semiconductor company last Friday.  We know what all
the cost are.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 03:37:47 PM

Because it's fake and a scam.

Right they're developing 26, 45, 65 AND 90nm chips that apparently go into ATX boards. What bullshit, doesn't even make sense!

We are not developing 26, 45, 65 and 90nm chips, only 45nm and 28nm.  These chips do not go into ATX boards, they will go into a custom board that uses a PCIe interface that plug into an ATX board.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 04:02:28 PM

Anyone at Bitcoin 2013 today, I would be happy to meet with you.  Give me a call at (855) - One-Bitcoin (663-2482) X700.
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:29:23 PM

You didn't any of answer this:

The relationship btwn AMC & VMC appears convoluted & a waste of money to setup & run 2 different legal entities. Especially when they are run by the same people. Contracts signed by two separate parties but by the same person just looks BAD.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=158806.msg1978339#msg1978339

You can easily run the two separately within the same entity, making it look much safer for investors.

Also, a website with terrible spelling errors doesn't inspire confidence in a scam-laden market, you might want to do something about that. 

And your "trademark" for Fast-Hash apparently isn't registered. (if such a common term is actually able to be trade-marked)
http://www.trademarkia.com/trademarks-search.aspx?tn=fast-hash

Also, if you are only creating boards/modules for Avalon chips at the moment, why would people spend 71BTC for your unit when they can create/buy a DIY avalon via any of the developers here for about half that?  Hope you are legit but simply showing up at the conference doesn't automatically create credibility. Just ask BFL.
I think you'd be much better served by waiting for your chips to arrive, creating a prototype with the chips you said you ordered & then ask people for their money.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 04:51:34 PM

The prototype itself signifies that the design works, and most (if not all) bugs encountered won't kill the company's future.

It is only rational to produce a proof of concept....that not even a simulation could provide.

What is suspicious about our pricing?
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:50:57 PM

Yes, these will be our Fast-Hash 28nm chips.

If you don't mind my asking, how did you secure the several millions of dollars in research and funding required to pull this manufacturing feat off within the next 3-5 years ?
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 09:05:15 PM

Our first series of machines will be build using the tested technology of Avalon, there chips and there board, this will be our version 1 board.  We will then take that board a re-spin it with a PCI express interface so our customers will be able to use our expansion case.  After we re-spin the board we will have an upgrade program for our version 1 board for customer who wish to upgrade. 

We have chips on order from Avalon and will be placing more orders for chips depending on our sales.  Our delivery date will be adjusted based on sales.  The current date for delivery is only for the first batch of machines that we order chips for in the next week.  This also it depends on our suppliers, i.e. Avalon. 

I talked with Yifu at Bitcoin 2013 and Avalon is not going to be build any more machines, they are just going to be a chip supplier.

Our second and third series of machines will be build on our own Fast-Hash chips 45nm and 28nm.  Since we are here in San Jose at Bitcoin 2013, of which we will be posting video on the site, we had a meeting with our supplier of our chips.

Since we are using Avalon's technology chips and boards we don't expect a long testing time.  Also, talking with Yifu, if we could order a complete order of 10,000 chips, we would receive some testing chips.
The rest of our parts for our machines our off-the-shelf and are readily available.  Our shipping date is firm for about the first 20 devices sold, then we will move that date back to 9/30/2013 for the next 100 macines.

I am surprised, your answer was a complete and concise roadmap of your plans.

You can't get that kind of answer out of BFL. I am tentatively in favor of your company. (Make sure to post your video at BitCoin 2013.)

I want to ask what you feel you will improve with your Avalon based clones at this time? I noticed you have mentioned the PCIe interface. A very good start. What other kinds of features do you foresee? (points that set you apart from the other clone makers?)
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 09:16:39 PM

What is suspicious about our pricing?

Given the equipment you are showing, it is very low.

Kudos for answering the "questions" in this thread in a very neutral, yet informative manner.

I have a few others, if you don't mind:
-why use 50 BTC MAGMA PCI extender boxes? Cheaper (way cheaper) solutions exist.
-why use dual CPU motherboards (when a Raspberry Pi would suffice)?
-why with mixed PCI/PCI-E connectors?
-why use PCI-E and not USB?
-where will you source the Spartan 6?
-why only 20 "prototypes"? Avalon chips are cheap and "readily" available.
-why such a low count on the second batch? Even Avalon started with 300.
-given the previous will not fund your R&D, how do you finance the project?
-do you plan a reseller program?
-do you plan an affiliates program?
-do you plan on mining yourselves?
-why?
-why no company information on the website? (business reg., address, etc)

Thank you.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 09:51:08 PM

If you don't mind my asking, how did you secure the several millions of dollars in research and funding required to pull this manufacturing feat off within the next 3-5 years ?

Magic
alfabitcoin

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 09:51:46 PM

Avalon use saprtan xc6slx16-2ftg256c what cost 25$ at digikey.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 10:10:25 PM

I am surprised, your answer was a complete and concise roadmap of your plans.

You can't get that kind of answer out of BFL. I am tentatively in favor of your company. (Make sure to post your video at BitCoin 2013.)

I want to ask what you feel you will improve with your Avalon based clones at this time? I noticed you have mentioned the PCIe interface. A very good start. What other kinds of features do you foresee? (points that set you apart from the other clone makers?)

Tlhanks for asking this question.  The only improvements to our Fast-Hash-XX series will to make it scalable to 4 expansion cases and upgradable to our Fast-Hash-XXX series and Fast-Hash-TH series.   

Most of our work is going to be put into our 45nm and 28nm series of machines.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 10:18:12 PM

Magic

This is reassuring, and inspires confidence in your project. You will most certainly not see my preorder coming in shortly.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 10:18:45 PM

I have a few others, if you don't mind:
-why use 50 BTC MAGMA PCI extender boxes? Cheaper (way cheaper) solutions exist.

@ KS

Do you know of any cheaper examples?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: