Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:10:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people suggest investing in Cryptocoins vs Mining For Quick Profit?  (Read 317 times)
PeterRothenberg (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:28:49 AM

I don't understand why this is? If I invest 500$ into Crypto, the investment could go up, but it
Could also tank and I could lose all my money. If I invest 500$ into a Mining rig, I can still sell the GPU and recoup a lot of my money back. And with Mining a lot of the time when you mine a certain amount you sell, stopping you from taking insane losses if it all tanks. So why invest vs mine?
bearsworth

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:42:05 AM

I don't understand why this is? If I invest 500$ into Crypto, the investment could go up, but it
Could also tank and I could lose all my money. If I invest 500$ into a Mining rig, I can still sell the GPU and recoup a lot of my money back. And with Mining a lot of the time when you mine a certain amount you sell, stopping you from taking insane losses if it all tanks. So why invest vs mine?

If you GPU mine, sometimes stuff happens. You may have issues you have to fix and you have to make sure they are always up and running. If the coin price goes up, you are still mining coins, while if you had invested, you get more money immediately. There are tradeoffs though. I think mining tends to be less risky because you can always sell your gpus if the coins tank.

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
joshuajones02

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:42:46 AM

500 dollars won't get you anywhere for a mining rig nowadays. I've spent close to 5k and don't even have an amazing rig but fairly decent. Some would argue in the last few weeks in the bitcoin price surge that if I would have invested the 5k back when it was just 2k i could have doubled my money today.

| World Fintech Startups | Microsoft Azure Partner | $1,5 M Raised During pre-ICO |
     BANKEX - Proof-of-Asset Protocol     
| WHITE PAPER | BLOGSLACKTELEGRAMBITCOINTALKGITHUBTWITTERYOUTUBEFACEBOOK |☰
car1999

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:50:58 AM

if the price of coins crash, everybody in the world will sell GPUs, I don't think you can sell your GPU with good price.

you also have to handle much more things for mining, including warehouse, electric, cooling, mining software...

it's a tradeoff.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:54:21 AM

Because they mistake 20/20 hindsight for certainty.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: