Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:42:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS Sony Vaio z2 notebook  (Read 1354 times)
big pete (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 09:14:01 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2013, 01:48:51 PM by big pete
Merited by blink (1)

specs similar to this

http://www.sony.com.au/product/vpcz226gg/specs

but mine was bought in hong kong for roughly $5000USD, and is of higher spec that the unit linked above (sony.com.hk seems to be offline to get a link off there atm)

(this is a stock image taken off the internet, not the actual unit)

heres an review, although it should be noted my unit is of a higher spec than the one tested http://www.theverge.com/2011/10/24/2510531/sony-vaio-series-review ... also mine is the 2012 model, with a few random updates

Intel® Core™ i7-2640M Processor 2.80 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.50 GHz
Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 64-bit
13.1 inch wide WXGA++(1600x900) TFT colour display (VAIO Display Premium, LED backlight )
Absolute power in only 16.65 mm and 1.17 kg carbon fiber body
SSD in RAID 0: (256 GB (128 GB x 2; Serial ATA)) for Quick Boot and quick operation
8 GB (4 GB (Custom Module) x 2) DDR3 SDRAM*2

also have the docking station model VGP-PRZ20A/B it connects to the main unit via USB3 and has an additional hdmi and vga (allowing 3 external monitors to be used at once)  http://www.sony.com.au/product/vgp-prz20a ... docking station even has a AMD Radeon HD 6650M*/7670M* with 1GB VRAM built-in ... so if your a crazy asshole it will hash at a good 70-80mhash ...lol

its around a year old, i never really used it, i had a warranty issue early on in the notebooks life, defective kbd, it was fixed for free under warranty by sony Australia (i travel a lot, unit has worldwide warranty). 

however it took them 3 weeks to get the replacement parts so i bought a second sony to use during that time, once all my data was on the second laptop, i never bothered to migrate it all back to the first one.  After i got it back i kinda just put it in the cupboard and forgot about it.

Problems with unit
When the unit went to warranty the primary partition was truecrypted, as such the monkeys at the sony center could not get into it and reformatted it with a 32bit OS.  as such it will will need to be re installed with 64bit OS if you want to access the full 8gb of ram
if you look super close there might be a few random scrarchs and such, but nothing of note, happy to take pics if theres any potential buyers interested

looking for BTC offers.. escrow through johnk would be preferred.  will ship it anywhere in the world, or you can pick it up, its currently in the philippines, but i'll be in australia in a few weeks time, and maybe in florida a few weeks after that (unconfirmed at this time)

This is in my opinion one of the best laptops in the world, and its had very very little use, someone will get a good deal.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
big pete (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 03:13:17 PM

ok well seeing as no one wants to play ball i'll start the asking price at 12btc

comeon guys this is a pimp laptop at a bargain price, its worth double what im asking
davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:14:01 PM

That is a sweet deal considering it comes with the Power Media Dock.  I have one of these as well.  Amazing machine. They put most "ultrabook" devices to shame.
big pete (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:42:07 PM

That is a sweet deal considering it comes with the Power Media Dock.  I have one of these as well.  Amazing machine. They put most "ultrabook" devices to shame.

thanks, they are freeking cool, i'm using my other one as we speak.

naturally id like a lot more, but due to lack of interest i have to start the bidding somewhere Smiley
big pete (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:39:20 AM

the exact model number of mine is VPCZ228GG

not the model listed above (wasn't home yesterday to check)
wholesaler

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 08:13:11 AM

The lenevo y500 is cheaper has better specs plus dual GPUs & backlit keyboard. If I were you I'd sell on eBay Smiley
big pete (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:00:03 PM

The lenevo y500 is cheaper has better specs plus dual GPUs & backlit keyboard. If I were you I'd sell on eBay Smiley

this has duel gpu's and a backlit kbd

a far better unit than the y500
big pete (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:03:26 PM

looks like the units sold (not for btc but for USD)

a shame, i could have used the coins
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:10:15 PM

looks like the units sold (not for btc but for USD)

a shame, i could have used the coins

though luck, just saw it now and got a little sad you already sold it.
big pete (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:48:51 PM

moneys not in the bank yet

we'll see if this guy comes through or not
big pete (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 01:57:03 PM