Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:30:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitIndia Exchange  (Read 4680 times)
savioroshan

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:03:48 AM

The op just wrote 2 threads about bitindia and just disappeared. 100% it is a scam ICO. One doesn't need any evidence or proof to tell this as scam. Just look at the office snaps. There is not even a single file, papers or documents in any of the cubicle. If its a real office then there will be atleast one file on any of the cubicles or atleast one pen. I think they have arranged this office for the videoshoot.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
|Admiral|

Activity: 448
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:21:24 AM

I dont recommend this project to anyone, i smell the wrong doings here. Clearly the videos are crafted and the developers looks juvenile, If you want to invest then there are hell a lot of other legit oppurtunities.
IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:58:24 PM

I agree with the opinion of the majority and I will say that a dubious project. I've been following him for a long time and I've tried to communicate with developers many times, but this has brought little success.
Bonanzacoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:16:07 PM

Then why the hell is Mcaffee lending his face to this?? Is he to lazy to check if this is legit, i dont get that.
wPocho1

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:48:59 PM

hello! I'd like to participate to the public sale. I registered my public pre-sale KYC APPROVAL what should i do now ? can i already  purchase BITINDIA or have i to wait an answer that they have registered my info on their contract? if yes how and when will i be answered? thank you in advance
|Admiral|

Activity: 448
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:21:45 AM

As a matter of Rep this project is backed by John Mcfee , If this news is true as per Bitindia website then they have got serious potential people but i would like to get this verified before investing a penny in this project.
Grrizz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:02:54 AM

As a matter of Rep this project is backed by John Mcfee , If this news is true as per Bitindia website then they have got serious potential people but i would like to get this verified before investing a penny in this project.

He tweets/retweets about it on his twitter @officialmcafee and can be seen talking about it here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh7bTwCYwFs
Grrizz

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:13:05 AM

hello! I'd like to participate to the public sale. I registered my public pre-sale KYC APPROVAL what should i do now ? can i already  purchase BITINDIA or have i to wait an answer that they have registered my info on their contract? if yes how and when will i be answered? thank you in advance

Wait till you recieve a confirmation email (within 24hrs);

https://twitter.com/bitindia_co/status/918327844043812864
zorkafdo

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:59:47 PM

Stop falling for this scam guys..

Are you sure bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are legal in India? They recently implemented a lot of rules and took some drastic demonetization steps.
I am pretty sure their so called legal team doesn't even exist and have checked with local laws..
and their liability section is laughable. here is one..

The field of digital cryptography is very new and for this reason there is a risk of unforeseen attacks
on several or all parts of the BitIndia system

'In no event shall Bitindia, members of Bitindia staff, contractors, or volunteers be liable for:
Any lost profits, lost savings or incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages, arising out of
your use or inability to use the services or products offered by Bitindia or the breach of any of these
Terms by any third party'
Grrizz

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:03:05 AM

Stop falling for this scam guys..

Are you sure bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are legal in India? They recently implemented a lot of rules and took some drastic demonetization steps.
I am pretty sure their so called legal team doesn't even exist and have checked with local laws..
and their liability section is laughable. here is one..

The field of digital cryptography is very new and for this reason there is a risk of unforeseen attacks
on several or all parts of the BitIndia system

'In no event shall Bitindia, members of Bitindia staff, contractors, or volunteers be liable for:
Any lost profits, lost savings or incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages, arising out of
your use or inability to use the services or products offered by Bitindia or the breach of any of these
Terms by any third party'

While future regulations in India are uncertain (as with a lot of the world) most of the news I've seen suggests they wont be going for anything like an outright ban, but note that the company itself is registered in the UK which currently have pretty favourable crypto laws AFAIK.

Also that clause sounds like a pretty standard one that any exchange who knew what they were doing would have, TBH if it wasn't there it would raise flags for me not the other way round.

Crypto is risky and often when there is risk there is potential for good rewards, the same goes for many things outside of crypto too, everyone has to weigh up the risk:reward ratio for themselves but people on this forum too often seem to mistake risk for a scam.
keneda95

Activity: 48

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:43:06 AM

Haha bitindia bitcointalk post is shit and doesnt have a proper telegram
spbtctrade

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:54:25 PM

The founders behind this team have a track record of opening companies like pop corns

look at their LinkedIn is enough.. Can't write their profile without spelling mistakes.. I'm not trusting my money with such idiots
Bonanzacoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:56:58 PM

SO MCAFEE IS ENDORSING A SCAM?? BASICLY....
victor755

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:01:26 AM

Not sure if they are a scam or not but I've asked the following questions on the telegram channel but I GOT KICKED OUT for no reason. I didn't say anything offensive. I didn't insult anyone. All I wanted was answers to a few questions before I can make up my mind to invest. Here are the questions again. I urge people to *NOT* invest in bitindia until someone from their team answers the following questions:

1) Referring to following tweets by Vitalik -
https://twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/922802902019608577
https://twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/922809246508400645

A "completely" decentralized exchange cannot do fiat. Since bitindia boasts of a decentralized exchange that would connect to fiat, I really want to understand how would that happen. If what Vitalik is saying is true, bitindia is either *not* a completely decentralized exchange or they are not truthful about (or will change their mind later) connecting to fiat.

2) They are trying to hide how much money they have raised so far. They seem to change the contract every few hours to obfuscate the users but the whole point of this system is transparency. Can they publicly share all contract addresses so that folks can audit how much money they have raised so far? I would be more confident throwing in some money if I know others are chipping in too. Seems like a terrible strategy on they behalf to not reveal their number. Their marketing guy should be fired (in my opinion).

3) They are not clear on how much are they trying to actually raise. I've heard numbers as big as 100 million USD. Why are they not publishing their target USD/ETH number on their website? Also, to be honest, I don't understand why they need that kind of money. Considering they are based in a small town in India, their development costs should be very less. Including all other expenses as well, even a figure of 5 million seems like a lot to pull this project off.
s
4) Their team looks really unimpressive. None of the founders have any experience on working on any cryptography/cryptocurrency related tech projects before (let's discount the fact that McAfee himself is not gonna contribute jack shit). They just seem to have bitcoin trading/trading systems experience which is not impressive at all. Also, one of the founders seemed to have been a part of another failed ICO (Cove identity). Forget the project, I'm not even sure if they will be able to pull off this ICO (I hope people don't lose a lot of money here).

5) Founders have reserved a 25% equity for themselves. Isn't that number huge? Satoshi Nakamoto kept 1 million of the 21 million BTC (<5%). Keeping 25% of the currency in the hands of a few individuals always raises my eyebrows because these whales, more often than not, try to monopolize the market using their control that they leverage on the currency. Might also hint on the fact that the team might be greedy.

6) The project seems to have terrible marketing. The concept of decentralization ends nation states / borders. Decentralized exchanges are meant to be used worldwide. What do they mean by "Decentralized exchange for the streets of India"? I don't get it. Can only people from India use this exchange? If yes, how are they decentralized then? If not, what's up with fake India based marketing?

Really looking for *genuine* answers to these questions before I put a single ether down.

burliko

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:42:02 AM

i'm invested and i can't wait till this thing rips-
you guys should stop being so stereotypical and look
if macaffe is in then so am i
elektrikdinar

Activity: 72

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:55:01 PM

haha, zillions of haters and only one believer, don't you just love cryptocurrencies  Grin
burliko

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:26:43 PM

yup variety is the spice!
aarell

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:47:47 PM

John Mcaffe is the partner in Bitnidia which makes bitindia a sure buy.
sambhavsharma

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:11:47 PM

Hi,
  I don't think this is a scam. We can speculate the potential of this ICO, but definitely not the credibility.
1. John Mcafee is on the team.

His Tweet:
https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/929104577772838912

Mcafee talking about BitIndia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh7bTwCYwFs

Also, I have successfully connected to one of the founders on LinkedIn and he is decently responsive.
burliko

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:27:59 AM

I as well have made contact with the team - very responsive and quick. These guys may be crappy at advertising but it doesn't matter. When they get boots on the ground in India they will have first mover advantage and we will all be sitting back laughing -
If nothing else it will give Indians a new way to purchase bitcoins and give access to many who didn't have it before. Think about Zimbabwe - If they had a platform like this there would be much less manipulation of the price of BTC - Thing is great for end users - the Indians, as well as being great for investors!
GLTA
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: