Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:18:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info now added ether  (Read 2531 times)
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:08:22 PM

There are now more transactions done on the Ethereum network than on the bitcoin network. No company can ignore that, especially as Ether seems to be developing all sorts of applications and layers on top of it.

Ethereum has a massive user base, which is why it is a smart move from blockchain to add Ethereum, but I strongly believe that its popularity as it is right now, won't last endlessly. People are going nuts on Ethereum because of the massive amount of ICO's, where hundreds of thousands of coins get locked in. I am sure that if there was no ICO hype, Ethereum would still be an average altcoin.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:46:51 PM

There are now more transactions done on the Ethereum network than on the bitcoin network. No company can ignore that, especially as Ether seems to be developing all sorts of applications and layers on top of it.

Ethereum has a massive user base, which is why it is a smart move from blockchain to add Ethereum, but I strongly believe that its popularity as it is right now, won't last endlessly. People are going nuts on Ethereum because of the massive amount of ICO's, where hundreds of thousands of coins get locked in. I am sure that if there was no ICO hype, Ethereum would still be an average altcoin.

Developing Ethereum as a token distribution platform for ICOs was brilliant. It never dawned on me a year or two ago how this would dry up the liquid supply of ETH and therefore cause massive growth like we saw earlier this year.

I agree that this ICO hype is not sustainable in the long term, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is still another leg up to new all-time highs this year. The ETH market still feels like it's in a long term bullish consolidation; it didn't give us that signature bubble pop that we've come to recognize from the BTC market.
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:54:38 PM

Welcome

Today morning i got an email from blockchain anouncing that they are now accepting ethereum.
Blockchain members now have option in their wallet to receive,send,transfer eth. What are your opinions? Have you interacted with newly added currency?

They have integrated with shapeshift too for exchange BTC to ETH or vise versa.
I'm personally not interested, besides have bad experience with the wallet, it's because there's no block explorer for ETH, it's seems shady, and I'm not sure it's good time to try their ETH wallet (fill with balance).
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:33:18 AM

While I do appreciate the fact that they added Ethereum to their website, the main reason I use Ethereum is to hold ERC20 tokens for cryptotechnologies that I believe have a solid foundation and roadmap. Without support for these tokens, I do not see myself switching wallets for Ethereum holding.

Welcome

Today morning i got an email from blockchain anouncing that they are now accepting ethereum.
Blockchain members now have option in their wallet to receive,send,transfer eth. What are your opinions? Have you interacted with newly added currency?

I'm personally not interested, besides have bad experience with the wallet, it's because there's no block explorer for ETH, it's seems shady, and I'm not sure it's good time to try their ETH wallet (fill with balance).

I still use blockchain.info as my main hot wallet and have not heard or experienced anything bad about it. If I may ask, what bad experience have you had with it, since I would much rather be well informed than ignorantly using a wallet that could end up being insecure?

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2339

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 04:08:13 AM

If you can't export your private key in a click of a button then Its useless I'd say also a lot of people are using the ERC20 tokens and not ethereum itself so again, they will be losing a lot of users If they are not supporting that, I say Myetherwallet is still a better alternative for the moment.
I am not sure about their etherum wallet, however their bitcoin wallet is recoverable via their seed, and users can export their xprivkey and private keys via a java console -- I would presume their ETH wallets are at least somewhat similar.

A so called Bitcoin evangelist company is now offering Etherum solution. What a crime.
They are trying to adapt to the marketplace. There is no reason why they should support Bitcoin only when there is a major market demand for other coins.
manchester93

Activity: 251
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 04:25:09 AM

While I do appreciate the fact that they added Ethereum to their website, the main reason I use Ethereum is to hold ERC20 tokens for cryptotechnologies that I believe have a solid foundation and roadmap. Without support for these tokens, I do not see myself switching wallets for Ethereum holding.

I suspect that it's part of their longer term plan. I think they are rushing to tap the Ethereum market and position themselves. The fact that they don't have an ETH block explorer yet tells me the same. I think they'll have support for ERC20 tokens in the coming months, as well as a block explorer. If not, they don't know what they're doing (or why Ethereum is relevant).
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:25:56 AM

Welcome

I still use blockchain.info as my main hot wallet and have not heard or experienced anything bad about it. If I may ask, what bad experience have you had with it, since I would much rather be well informed than ignorantly using a wallet that could end up being insecure?

It's happened in the past, not just me there are a pretty much people on this forum made a topic about their blockchain.info wallet was hacked, security system bug, wallet bug, block explorer bug, ect. You can search that on this forum. And in the past blockchain.info wallet listed on bitcoin.org wallet list, but after the "incident" they have been delisted.
Although that was happened in the past, I'm still have traumatic.
barnes13

Activity: 1274
Merit: 521

7enius - Your Cryptocurrency Marketing Consultant

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 07:44:10 AM

I think this service is same as coinbase service nothing special, and I am still more comfortable using MEW as my personal wallet for ETH. I'm not worry if MEW site down because I still have access to my balance, cause I has Private key.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:13:48 AM

I think this service is same as coinbase service nothing special, and I am still more comfortable using MEW as my personal wallet for ETH. I'm not worry if MEW site down because I still have access to my balance, cause I has Private key.

it's not the same as coinbase. coinbase is a third party wallet/exchange service. blockchain.info doesn't control your bitcoin/private keys. with their bitcoin wallet, each user has a bip39 seed and they can also export private keys. the same applies here; ETH holders using the blockchain.info wallet have access to their private keys. the same is not true with coinbase.

it's still not ideal, though. in both cases, a lite desktop client provides superior security for a minimal loss of convenience.

shohelalam

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 12:40:41 PM

Welcome

Today I also see blockchain accepting ethereum. Its good sign for blockchian user. every body know we use blockchain for bitcoin wallet now we can use for ethereum. Its good for me and us.  I know we get some issue about privet Key in blockchain user. but it will be solve ASAP. Blcokchain just started new thing.

But My Ether wallet is best wallet for ethereum User. Because MEW accepted ERC20 and now ERC23 Token . I wish blockchain will be upgrade ASAP.

Thank You
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:32:47 PM

it seems a lot better than all the other alternatives for a web ethereum wallet. but I kind of find it weird that they don't even have a block explorer for ethereum but they added its wallet! I hope they add the explorer soon too, it is very useful and necessary to have with this type of web wallet.

the good thing about it is that you will control the private keys and won't be like Coinbase. and also you won't have the headache of dealing with horrible ethereum wallets and their bloated blockchain which is much bigger than bitcoin's.

here is the link by the way: https://blog.blockchain.com/2017/08/17/blockchain-wallet-adds-ether/

Since I've left blockchain wallet, never look back at just found out about this news. So, we can send-receive ethereum, right? or blockchain wallet just added eth conversion? as they said: we’re excited to introduce a built-in BTC to ETH (and vice versa) exchange.
Well, I guess it better than any other ethereum wallets if we can convert bitcoin into ethereum directly through blockchain wallet.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:06:11 AM

How about ETH based tokens? Does blockchain.info support the tokens like myetherwallet?
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:32:23 AM

I am interested in will this option allow to move tokens on that Ethr address on Blockchain.info or it is just for Etherum coins and that is it?
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 12:13:49 PM

How about ETH based tokens? Does blockchain.info support the tokens like myetherwallet?

so far it doesn't seem like they are supporting them.
but i believe it may be a feature they are going to add in the near future. this wallet for ethereum is very new after all. it takes time and if there were enough demand for it, i am sure they will do it.

--looking for signature--
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 03:08:33 PM

This is really great news, Blockchian.info is one of the biggest BTC wallets and the best one for beginners to use now that it's also supporting ETH is great. I might shift back to using blockchain.info wallet if make a dedicated ETH wallet.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:05:22 AM

This is really great news, Blockchian.info is one of the biggest BTC wallets and the best one for beginners to use now that it's also supporting ETH is great. I might shift back to using blockchain.info wallet if make a dedicated ETH wallet.

I saw that today too. I'm not really sure what the purpose is since it doesn't seem like you can exchange back and forth between BTC and the other, so I guess I'll it's really doing is just saving you a step of switching from one website to another just switch from one wallet to another or maybe they're simply trying to integrate some of the stronger coins together.
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:17:09 AM

Welcome

Yes, i logged into my blockchain.info account this morning and saw the same notice.

Previously i've had to either use myetherwallet which was developed by mostly anonymous people and a pretty fragile reputation, or i had to sync my wallet manually which would take a crap ton of bandwidth and disk space(and time, obviously).

But this is perfect, a simple wallet for ethereum investors that just want to have convenience in storing their coin.

I wouldn't recommend storing anything above 10 ETH on the web wallet though, it's not as secure as a good old paper wallet/desktop wallet.

eXpl0sive

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

waiting to explode

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:22:23 AM

Why would I use a service that requires me to create an account/login and stores my private key when I can do everything (even ERC tokens) on MEW using just my private key which is locally stored?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:48:10 PM

Why did you quit using blockchain.info before? it's better if you use mew. if or when their front end is down you won't be able to send your eth unless you have private keys, do they allow private keys export?
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:23:14 AM

Why did you quit using blockchain.info before? it's better if you use mew. if or when their front end is down you won't be able to send your eth unless you have private keys, do they allow private keys export?

they do but as much as I know only from imported addresses. and right off the bat, I'm getting an error while trying to exchange btc to eth saying "Failed to load exchange data"... It's funny how whatever I try to do, there must be some error just waiting for me.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: