Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:26:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Substratum - The Internet 3.0 Decentralized Web Hosting  (Read 1547 times)
MadPanda (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:04:07 AM

Substratum is decentralized web project that would allow anyone to rent their computer as a hosting server.
The host would be paid for renting the space to both private users and businesses to host sites, databases, and applications on this community rented network.
They plan on using advanced cryptography algorithms rooted in artificial intelligence to secure there data and network and custom developed advanced compression algorithms to lower latency and speed up load times of content.

If this project is able to function right it could mean a major change in internet hosting and decentralized a large part of the internet.

Let me know how you guys feel about this project.

BitFarmer75

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:38:28 AM

SCAM !!!!!!!!

hey, what do you think it's a scam?
MadPanda (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:38:56 AM

SCAM !!!!!!!!
Care to explain? I need substance not emo screaming I feel like your hailing a taxi responding with one word.

zara88

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:25:56 AM

just a idea? or an ann?you shoud give more details!
Ariem

Activity: 518
Merit: 242

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:29:05 AM

Idea is good.
blondie101010

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:48:45 AM

Substratum is decentralized web project that would allow anyone to rent their computer as a hosting server.
The host would be paid for renting the space to both private users and businesses to host sites, databases, and applications on this community rented network.
They plan on using advanced cryptography algorithms rooted in artificial intelligence to secure there data and network and custom developed advanced compression algorithms to lower latency and speed up load times of content.

If this project is able to function right it could mean a major change in internet hosting and decentralized a large part of the internet.

Let me know how you guys feel about this project.

All I see in that post is a promotion for a web site that just registered their domain a month ago.

When I read the site, I kept asking myself "how" and throughout the supposedly technical documents.  All I saw was the super magistic use of cryptography and artificial intelligence.

I was almost hoping to get some answers like:

- Where is the data stored?
- How is the data kept constantly between the nodes (hosts) to allow read-write access?
- How is the data saved on any node protected from the node's owner sneaking or tampering with it?
- Are all hosting nodes a complete copy of each other?
- Is this solution tested at all?

On the site, I also taught of the big point you raise about overcoming Chinese control.  That sounds like those people have no clue what they're talking about.  The chinese Firewall already block or redirect all DNS queries so that (your) site's solution COULD NOT run from a regular browser.  That actually raises complex political and legal issues which the site would face.
ELE.ZYK

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:02:38 AM

just a idea? or an ann? give me more info like team member ,i should research them
krypt0n1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:15:23 PM

I've tried signing up to the slack channel, but the link on their website is reading as "This invite link is no longer active." Has anyone else had this issue? Is there an active slack channel currently?

pocketart

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:53:08 PM

Is redundant hosting and load balancing possible? If this can be achieved, then this would be huge.
The problem with hosting on somebody else's computer is that uptime and reliability is not guaranteed.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: