Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:56:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: paper wallet  (Read 760 times)
demsybtc (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:22:48 AM

What is a paper wallet compared to other forms of wallet?
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3239

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:52:23 AM

A paper wallet is a piece of paper with one or more private keys written on it.

A software wallet also holds one or more private keys, but it also has the ability to send bitcoins from the addresses it holds.

A hardware wallet is like a paper wallet except that it is electronic and it never exposes the private keys that it holds.

A custodial wallet (such as at Coinbase or any exchange) is not really a wallet. It is an account.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
demsybtc (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:02:20 AM

thanks for sharing, in that case which will u recommend?
Gurev
Copper Member

Activity: 45
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:15:39 AM

Hello, when I needed to make a paper wallet, I found this article:

https://www.bitcoin.com/guides/setting-up-your-own-cold-storage-bitcoin-wallet
demsybtc (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:34:50 AM

is hardware wallet more secure? Since login is using hardware
sabbathhawk

Activity: 266
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 11:23:54 AM

Yes, the best choice is hardware wallet. And there is one particular the best - Ledger walets. Other wallets like KeepKey and Trezor recently were compromised a bit, so its better to buy at the moment Ledger.
It's very convenient as you can easily spend and hold there bitcoins without fear somebody will stole them. Even on a compromised PC with viruses, trojans and malware you can safely use bitcoins.
It's easy to use, easy to spend, control, store... Recommended to buy! 

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 11:31:51 AM

Yes, it is safer.
If anybody gain access to your paper wallet he can spent all the bitcoins easily.
If anybody gain access to your hardware wallet he can do nothing (unless he knows your pin or your seed phrase).

But have to say when creating a HW wallet you should write down (backup) your seed phrase ... which is actually kind of paper wallet as well.

3efdvfsd3rh

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:36:16 PM

Too bad the ledger wallet orders are so backed thoigh. Ordered a Ledgr nano and gotta wait like 3 months. Can't wait to get it though. Good security. I think a mix of different types of wallets are a good choice so that you have liquidity when you need it, and extra security for larger balances. I would like to make a paper wallet soon just for fun to see how it works in person.
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 7042

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 07:54:35 PM

It's way safer simple because your private keys will never touch your computer or phone that may contain malwares.

The hardware is the one responsable for signing your transaction and the only thing your computer will see is the transaction already read to be broadcasted to the network.

thanks for sharing, in that case which will u recommend?
Hardware wallet if you believe that you have enought to be worth having one.

Paper wallet if you have a low amount of Bitcoins and you would spend way more in a hardware wallet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jager

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:40:48 PM

Check this out. Cryptosteel.
Resistance to physical damage, including fire, flooding, corrosive conditions and impact from accidents.

https://cryptosteel.com/
demsybtc (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:45:54 PM

I read up and many recommended trezor due to its reliability and user friendly usage, recommendable to use trezor?
jager

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:34:50 PM

Yes, Trezor is good.
Highly recommended.
Ledger Nano S comes in 2nd!
demsybtc (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:07:44 PM

Yes, Trezor is good.
Highly recommended.

Trezor is good in your opinion is due to what kind of factors? Would you share some of your experience with it? I'm considering between trezor and ledger
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 7042

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 04:03:53 AM

Trezor is good in your opinion is due to what kind of factors? Would you share some of your experience with it? I'm considering between trezor and ledger
Both are great. They have almost the same features, are support on almost all major wallets and are very similar to the way that they handle security. You should definilety research them by yourself and decide which one do you think will meet your needs the most - like, which one of them do you think has the better design, since their differences are almost nil.

https://99bitcoins.com/trezor-vs-ledger-hands-hardware-wallets-review/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
aizen10

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:34:37 AM

paper wallet like they said it is a piece of paper with one or more private keys written on it. it also secure because you can have its own private key so you can have control on it. but more secure are whose hardware wallet nobody can steal your BTC in there, not like other wallets. web wallet that has no private key feature, has a chance that you lose your BTC on it, you cannot retrieve if you have an issue by losing BTC in there. i preferred a software wallet like electrum because for me this wallet is more secure, even you store a very huge amount on it. you have no worries about loosing BTC in it and it has a cold storage feature that you can safely store BTC for long time and has no change in it.
Sewarlock

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:36:43 AM

it's pretty much what it sounds like, when you have a paper wallet, you literally have a paper with the public/private key inked on it - that way you store your crypto's "offline" which reduces the chance of getting hacked and losing that information. On the other side, your problem is now "physical", which means that if you lose that piece of paper, if your house burns down, or if it's damaged, you'll basically lose all the information related to your crypto's
Sun beam

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:18:20 PM

who knows how much it costs to create a purse for their tokens?
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3239

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:14:38 PM

who knows how much it costs to create a purse for their tokens?

It costs nothing. Download some software.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:24:36 PM

In the most specific sense, a paper wallet is a document containing all of the data necessary to generate any number of Bitcoin private keys, forming a wallet of keys. However, people often use the term to mean any way of storing bitcoins offline as a physical document.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Paper_wallet

More information:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+bitcoin+paper+wallet
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:32:19 PM

Yes, Trezor is good.
Highly recommended.

Trezor is the best i think it is because its more high secured wallet than ledger nano
Trezor can immune in viruses and protect from any key loggers unlike ledger nano can only immune in viruses but not in keyloggers. this is just base what i heard from others and specs of both hardware wallet..

If you are saving a small amount i think i recommend to use electrum wallet instead just make sure that you save almost all backup 12 words phrase called as seeds and the privatekeys of your electrum wallet and save in multiple folder for backup drive D:/ is good place or you can write down in the piece of paper but i recommend it in notepad which is you can copy and paste because sometimes typing manually not working when recovering account..
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: