Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:22:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is ethereum mining dead?  (Read 1801 times)
mr.bitcoinerf11 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:43:26 AM

ethereum mining difficulty is increasing nowadays
every single month will be 20-40% decrease in profit and this will lower our roi and will make it impossible to get price of our equipment back
bitcoin is the same of it and will never get lower in diffculty,is there any altcoin that can be mined with lower diffculty and getting higher earnning if so which one will be?

▬▬▬▬▬▬ BeOne ICO  ■ Blockchain revolutionizes education ■ BeOne ICO ▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread Facebook Telegram Twitter
■ ICO on September 7 ■ Bonus up to 50%

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:15:15 AM

every single month will be 20-40% decrease in profit and this will lower our roi and will make it impossible to get price of our equipment back
bitcoin is the same of it and will never get lower in diffculty,is there any altcoin that can be mined with lower diffculty and getting higher earnning if so which one will be?

Its free money so what do you expect.

No there are no other coins which are more profitable than ETH or ZEC.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TheFriends

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:31:31 PM

It's normal, mining to be profitable has to be before the price sky rocket.

Maybe the next year will be activated POS for Ethereum, which means that it won't be possible to mined anymore.

If interested in high quality translations English-Portuguese please contact me via privat message or send an email to thefriendspt@gmail.com
Telegram: @thefriendspt
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:44:58 PM

It is not dead yet. In my country although I have told them to not do it, they are still building mining rigs with Asrock H81 PRO BTC and Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 4GB, 8GB, RX 580 4GB, 8GB. They know that the mining of ethereum may stop but someone told me, I don't care if it stops then I switch my cards mining zec until death Smiley .

Although the profitability is decreasing massively and many are starting to be disappointed.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
Jdope

Activity: 747
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:45:22 PM

Dead? You're getting right now double what you would be if you mined in january, and people did mine in january.

If you've bought over priced cards then yeah it might be dead for you, but if you've stuck with regularly valued cards and did not buy during the high season, mining is well alive.
totko

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:22:40 PM

I think till the end of mining POW it would be profitable, maybe you see small numbers for what you mine but in dollars its still better that a year a go!
g0suboy

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:30:26 PM

Ether mining will be profitable till late 2018 sience they delayed casper release till late 2018 (switching from POW to POS). In new release metropolis witch will be released in next 2 months in 2 phases they will frezze time bomb(delay ice age)average block time will be set to 15secs but they will reduce reward from 5 to 3 ethers per block. Overall miners will suffer 19% profit loss when they apply changes if current eth value stays at 300$. this is good news cos casper was announced for release this year late 2017 and they delayed it Smiley

My calculations are that you can roi in 6-7months easily if value of ether stays the same but every predicion is showing that ether will hit 500$ till end of 2017. so if you start to mine now and hold your ether you could roi in 4-5months.
You just need to believe in ether Smiley
LoneRangir

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:34:43 AM

Metropolis as been 2 or 3 months away, ever since I started mining ETH 13 months ago....

Talk is cheap.

We've not entered the ice age, we've entered the period where the amount of network hash has been growing exponentially for quite some time.  There is a difference.
Blazarius120

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:40:26 AM

If you have miners, definitely mine eth until you can't anymore and hold it until it matures.

llzzyy234

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:48:47 AM

In the long term, we are all dead
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:20:40 AM

Ether mining will be profitable till late 2018 sience they delayed casper release till late 2018 (switching from POW to POS). In new release metropolis witch will be released in next 2 months in 2 phases they will frezze time bomb(delay ice age)average block time will be set to 15secs but they will reduce reward from 5 to 3 ethers per block. Overall miners will suffer 19% profit loss when they apply changes if current eth value stays at 300$. this is good news cos casper was announced for release this year late 2017 and they delayed it Smiley

My calculations are that you can roi in 6-7months easily if value of ether stays the same but every predicion is showing that ether will hit 500$ till end of 2017. so if you start to mine now and hold your ether you could roi in 4-5months.
You just need to believe in ether Smiley

This is where new users make their mistake - they are only considering fiat ROI. People buy miners as a hedge against the risk of buying a crypto and then having that crypto lose against fiat - thus losing money. If ethereum goes to 500 then you are correct you will make fiat ROI earlier (assuming more people don't pile on mining which of course they will if the price goes up).

But consider is the risk of buying all the hardware and maintaining it worth it to basically earn "free" video cards and motherboards. For some it is worth it.

For others they are willing to risk that same capital investment directly into the crypto itself. There is no tangible safety if their crypto goes to 0 value, but the gains are sometimes a magnitude higher when buying coins directly. The opportunity time is essentially negligible when buying fiat directly.

New users should consider what level of risk they should be taking. In the example above, if ethereum shoots to 500 tomorrow - a person who buys today at 290 will always come out ahead of somebody who mines even if POW stays alive for 1 year - their fiat gain is instantly realized within 24 hours - they can choose to take profit or gamble on higher rewards... a miner does not have that luxury and with consideration of how eth attracts all the stupids (because people think it's the most profitable) the difficulty will just continue to cut into the miners profits.

Real crypto ROI is whether it would have been better to just buy crypto at a certain point instead of buying hardware. For many ASIC miners they may ROI in fiat but lose in crypto ROI because they would have more coins in hand if they bough directly instead of buying a miner.
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:29:33 AM

Ethereum mining is not dead just due to the difficulty of ethereum increased, we can still do upgrade the VGA hardware.
The difficulty of coins is not problem for a profesional miners, they can choose other altcoins can be mined by GPU,
they are always find the profitable altcoins, ethereum mining will become died after ethereum goes to PoS
due to ethereum will not be mined again.
diagla

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:35:49 AM

It is most definitely not free money. You need to invest tons of money in GPUs and electricity. Plus there are plenty of coins more profitable such as LTC.
lankyman

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:36:35 PM

It is most definitely not free money. You need to invest tons of money in GPUs and electricity. Plus there are plenty of coins more profitable such as LTC.

lol i agree its not free money because u pay for the stuff unless you have been given a boost in life or stuff from family for free.
i wish there are more options after ethereum.
i am a small fish with 2 cards only, and i am thankful to even make 130 dollars a month at the moment.
its not amazing as it was say 2 months ago when it was almost 250 odd a month.
i do remember early this year though it was also very very slow, but dont remember figures.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: