Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:42:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you give me Newbie tips and questions  (Read 657 times)
TaKlarPH (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:13:07 PM

Can someone give tips of the things that I should be aware of in the future?

What wallet I need to use can you give wallets? that you used back than when you where started here
Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 01:59:02 PM

What wallet I need to use can you give wallets? that you used back than when you where started here
First of all , know what device that you want to access your Bitcoin (desktop or mobile)
If in Desktop you can use Electrum Bitcoin wallet or the Bitcoin core
If in mobile you can use Mycelium Bitcoin wallet that available for android and ios.
Kr-sama

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:56:24 PM

First of all , know what device that you want to access your Bitcoin (desktop or mobile)
If in mobile you can use Mycelium Bitcoin wallet that available for android and ios.
This guy pretty much covers up what you need to know in choosing the right wallet. As for the things that you should be aware, only a couple of things comes to my mind. Scams, scammers in BitcoinTalk is like sand is to dessert. Phishing sites, these are the sites that asks you for your account username and password then steals it from you. Be sure to check the website if it looks promising and legit before entering your account. Don't trust anyone and if it is too good to be true then it probably is.
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:03:53 PM

Stay away from scams. When a site offers you x% per x amount of time stay away. Almost all oefit investments make no promises. Anyone who makes promises be wary of. If it sounds too true to believe then it is.

When you make transactions tripple check the address you sending to is correct even check quad check. Check ten times !! Because you only get to send once then that's it it's done.

Follow this advice this is good advice. Always be in control of your private keys. Seriously write it down. Use electrum is let's you use private keys. This is golden rule number one.

wealthium

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:14:00 PM

Not to trust people in this forum so easily Smiley
Backup your wallet key and keep it safe.
Mink1993

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 04:25:44 PM

What you should be aware? Well my newbie advice, if you have your private keys stored in one wallet, but you mislay that wallet or it gets corrupted, you will lose your keys. Backing up your wallet makes a copy of your private keys, but it's important to back up your whole wallet.
jmaresca

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

LEGIT AIRDROPS - https://airdrop.buzz

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 06:48:07 PM

Offline paper or Hardware wallets are the best wallets to use. The fact that they are offline gives them some added security versus an online or online mobile wallet or payment app.

BINANCE CASH BACK PROGRAM - Earn back 12% of your trading fees w/ our cash back program. https://binancecashback.com - EBATES OF CRYPTO TRADING!
mage1968

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:19:50 AM

i used blockchain luxembourg website and smartphone app still the best for me #justsharing Smiley
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:17:36 PM

I like this thread i have downloaded to my desktop the electrum wallet and have the seed code

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
banake

Activity: 109

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:32:52 AM

YOu should buy hardware wallet: Trezor or Lano S
Dont keep money on exchange!
bailey01

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:35:57 PM

YOu should buy hardware wallet: Trezor or Lano S
Dont keep money on exchange!

Is the hardware wallet more secure ? How ? I am curious about it. I mean i want to know is it worth ?
Also i am not getting any information about "Lano S" on google. Thanks
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6641

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 05:50:47 PM

Is the hardware wallet more secure ? How ? I am curious about it. I mean i want to know is it worth ?
Using a desktop wallet is far more secure than using a web wallet or an exchange's wallet. Using a hardware wallet can be more secure than using a desktop wallet since the private keys are stored in a dedicated device instead of on your computer. This means that the private keys cannot leave your device.

I believe he means Ledger Nano S.

bailey01

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:33:49 PM

Using a desktop wallet is far more secure than using a web wallet or an exchange's wallet. Using a hardware wallet can be more secure than using a desktop wallet since the private keys are stored in a dedicated device instead of on your computer. This means that the private keys cannot leave your device.

I believe he means Ledger Nano S.

Thanks for help. Smiley
parat8t9

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:28:20 PM

Welcome to the forum and to the wide world of crypto!

My suggestions are as follows:

1: Get a hardware wallet, it is much more secure than software or web wallets
2: Buy some crypto and hold onto it, don't touch it and let the investment grow over time.
3: Don't sell when the market is going down, always sell into strength (or just don't sell!)
4: If you plan on buying into an ICO or alt coins using BTC/ETH, always make sure you buy replace the coins you used to purchase.
5: Do your research before investing into any crypto, lots of pumps and dumps out there.

Good luck!!!
perryswoman

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:15:44 PM

Ok so help me understand. If I make my first purchase on coinbase, how do I transfer that to a hardware wallet? It all seems foreign to me but I'm anxious to get started
Arychimaru

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:19:56 PM

the tips is keep reading the forum, everything you need about bitcoin is exist onthis forum, so just keep reading.
ZinFitria

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:23:40 PM

For ETH, use MEW wallet, but keep secure your private key,
for BTC, use blockchain.
Herrculez

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:26:44 PM

you can start here from reading the rules, keep update your antivirus for anticipate malware site and protect your data.
mirte86

Activity: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:31:15 PM

You should think about in which crypto you want to invest, by reading and again reading.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
black91

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:50:02 PM

Not to trust people in this forum so easily Smiley
Backup your wallet key and keep it safe.

You can also encrypt your wallet for security purpose. Read more to know more
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: