Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:13:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Cash Is Now More Profitable to Mine Than Bitcoin  (Read 600 times)
CryptosapienZA (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:29:48 PM

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-cash-closes-profitability-parity-original-blockchain/?utm_content=buffer30f83&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Bitcoin cash's surge above $500 today is changing more than just the the net worth of its investors and users.

The rising price is also creating the incentive for miners to dedicate computing power to the bitcoin cash blockchain, one that could find them moving away from bitcoin. With the new push, bitcoin cash miners are making around 2% more mining on bitcoin than they do on bitcoin cash.

And that spread could further increase with an upcoming adjustment on bitcoin cash that will make it even easier to mine.

Block 479,808 (set for this weekend) will likely trigger a difficulty adjustment downwards 50%, and if the prices of bitcoin and bitcoin cash stay the same, this means miners will make almost double on bitcoin cash what they would on bitcoin.

However, even with this threshold met, not all things are equal on both chains.

The bitcoin blockchain charges higher fees on transactions, so miners must take into account the extra 1.5 BTC per block on bitcoin (about $6,000 USD). By comparison, bitcoin cash has very low fees (typically under $50 USD).

Lastly, depending on the block times, bitcoin currently gets the 100 confirmations needed to spend the mining reward faster than bitcoin cash. (Currently, bitcoin takes about 17 hours and bitcoin cash takes about 34 hours).

Further, combined with the higher liquidity, bitcoin may still emerge as more attractive to mine at the moment.
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:34:31 PM

I like this market the crypto currency. You can always choose a better offer, and after the price adjustment, you can always return to the familiar currency. This gives a guarantee that in the near future we will not lose the opportunity of stable earnings.
CryptosapienZA (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:37:51 PM

Indeed, this is a true demonstration of how a free market should work. I am happy for Bitcoin Cash for silencing the dictators and other haters. It continues to thrive despite all the hate. We really live in very interesting times. I think the future is bright. Now its time we look forward to Segwit2X.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:47:17 PM

I like this market the crypto currency. You can always choose a better offer, and after the price adjustment, you can always return to the familiar currency. This gives a guarantee that in the near future we will not lose the opportunity of stable earnings.

It's fun isn't it? They'll be doing case studies in business schools in ten years time about how the market sorted out which cryptocurrency went to the top without the interference of any govt or regulator.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:54:12 PM

Here comes the flippening. BCore dying. Bitcoin Cash is KING!

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:02:55 PM

Dead cat bounce/new Ver/Bitmain pumpmoney coming in to get the rest of the suckers buying. Good news, I didn't yet dump all of my BCash because im too lazy to do the whole process of dumping the thing while retaining your addresses privacy. So keep pumping, we all know it's getting nowhere long term.
mondobitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:04:23 PM

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-cash-closes-profitability-parity-original-blockchain/?utm_content=buffer30f83&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Bitcoin cash's surge above $500 today is changing more than just the the net worth of its investors and users.

The rising price is also creating the incentive for miners to dedicate computing power to the bitcoin cash blockchain, one that could find them moving away from bitcoin. With the new push, bitcoin cash miners are making around 2% more mining on bitcoin than they do on bitcoin cash.

And that spread could further increase with an upcoming adjustment on bitcoin cash that will make it even easier to mine.

Block 479,808 (set for this weekend) will likely trigger a difficulty adjustment downwards 50%, and if the prices of bitcoin and bitcoin cash stay the same, this means miners will make almost double on bitcoin cash what they would on bitcoin.

However, even with this threshold met, not all things are equal on both chains.

The bitcoin blockchain charges higher fees on transactions, so miners must take into account the extra 1.5 BTC per block on bitcoin (about $6,000 USD). By comparison, bitcoin cash has very low fees (typically under $50 USD).

Lastly, depending on the block times, bitcoin currently gets the 100 confirmations needed to spend the mining reward faster than bitcoin cash. (Currently, bitcoin takes about 17 hours and bitcoin cash takes about 34 hours).

Further, combined with the higher liquidity, bitcoin may still emerge as more attractive to mine at the moment.

Yes bitcoin cash its more profitable than bitcoin core, because bitcoin core have a high difficulty.
I think too that bitcoin cash will bump up in the future, because its alternative coin, but borned on bitcoin Smiley
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 03:10:56 PM

DO you think they could coexist? There's a lot of institutional money in Bitcoin, which would provide incentive for miners to continue to serve the needs of Bitcoin transactions while other miners (potentially newer miners) get in on Bitcoin cash.

It'd be nice to see these two developments coexist...but obviously "nice" isn't alway show the game is played.
CryptosapienZA (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:17:04 PM

DO you think they could coexist? There's a lot of institutional money in Bitcoin, which would provide incentive for miners to continue to serve the needs of Bitcoin transactions while other miners (potentially newer miners) get in on Bitcoin cash.

It'd be nice to see these two developments coexist...but obviously "nice" isn't alway show the game is played.

I think they can coexist. I don't see either chain dying even though it is going to be interesting what happens when the 2X hard fork happens in November. I do see miners, especially small miners moving to Bitcoin Cash for that little extra profit. But hey, the crypto world can be very unpredictable at times. Lets watch and see what happens next.
hoboDreamz

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:21:19 PM

BCC could go to the moon because it's currently more profitable or close to more profitable to mine on the BCC chain now. If enough miners switch over, the btc network will slow to a crawl. It's already very slow now, don't know if related but it probably is.
kissmarx

Activity: 1106
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 03:30:59 PM

This is good news to all miners and investors. I'm glad it's profitable because from the start, I never doubted Bitcoin Cash's capability as a cryptocurrency. I wish we all have the better financial future we aimed for.
coinzoid

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:35:47 PM

I can't believe this coin has increased value this much in last 24 hours. If this would be close, I would wait before dumping my bitcoin cash.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: