Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:20:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin be useful for governments and banks?  (Read 1671 times)
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 06:10:44 AM

I don't think so because Who is the beneficiary the one who send btc and who receive btc, than where is the involvement of banking.

taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:13:54 AM

Bitcoin is use as a currency then may be in future banks think about bitcoin to accept it, but now it has no scene. But about the government then you know most of the governments accept bitcoin as currency,like China and Australia. It mean government has no problem with bitcoin, but about banks, it will be decided in future. 
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:30:35 AM

Very often I see people asking here if governments and banks are going to destroy crypto, because it aims to replace them.

But what if governments and banks can benefit from Bitcoin too? Here's a few cases that I can think about.

Just like US military invented Tor for their own use, cryptocurrencies can be used by agencies like CIA for their own purposes. They can secretly fund opposition in other countries, as well as fund private companies, researchers and political figures.

Bitcoin can be used as universal global money, it's much cheaper to store and transact than gold. Many countries are unhappy with financial hegemony of USD, and Bitcoin can easily solve this problem (although centralization if mining around China can be slightly problematic).

Banks can offer their customers better privacy via cryptocurrencies.

Thoughts?

I find it unreasonable for banks to suddenly start caring about their customer's privacy, first of all. Because in the end they will have to cooperate with whatever tax agency in the country that they are based on.

The whole idea of bitcoin is that people can transact without a bank, without a government, and everything is fully trustless.

Blockchain technology is useful for governments to avoid "inside jobs", essentially. But bitcoin itself is not, it is decentralized and there will be no way for governments to retain their grip on the economy. That's the main reason why governments are so anti-bitcoin these days as well.
Crypto Holic

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:30:54 AM

Yes, if the governemnts and banks use bitcoin of course will get many advantage, bitcoin is very useful to make simple and easier transaction then fiat money.
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:38:30 AM

Ah, governments and politicians.. I will never understand them.
Banks can be good but can be bad at the same time.

I don't know anything about governments, it always makes me confuse.
Small country don't have Bitcoin for payment system so I think Bitcoin must be sold and transfer to local banks.
 Grin
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:46:45 AM

I don't think so because Who is the beneficiary the one who send btc and who receive btc, than where is the involvement of banking.

The recipients are always deemed as the beneficiary's of any transaction and so I guess the one who receives is the beneficiary here. Bitcoin might not be necessarily useful to governments and banking at the moment but these banks and governments can benefit immensely by integrating the blockchain technology into their respective setups ad in told its happening in the U.K. and other jurisdictions.
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:54:42 AM

It is nice to think if banks will allow the use of bitcoin like the usual currencies that we use. They will benefit greatly from its flexibility. The faster and more private transaction is also an advantage for the government. It will help people greatly, the reputation of bitcoin will also grow.
lonelygrimm

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:04:20 AM

no i don't think it will work, that's not how bank work. Bank is controlled by government, customer data can be easily tracked by government cause everything visible by government, bank can't hide anything from them, bitcoin is about privacy and it's against the regulation. What's good from privacy in the bank, corrupt politicians and terrorists funding will use bank if that's happens

kemonojim

Activity: 218
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:08:42 AM

Exactly . That we can easily use bitcoin as a lifesaver of our lives. Because I also see that in the future if something goes wrong bitcoin will certainly have a reliable security, because it is from some news that I often follow that bitcoin has its own satellite. It does not sound convincing but it is true, we just wait for the right time to get a good profit. Stay optimistic and look for bitcoin as much as possible
OrangeII

Activity: 2086
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:12:55 AM

Of course it can, everything can be realized if the government take full advantage of bitcoin and illegitimate it. Well, but I think as long as bitcoin is still used freely on the black market, and it is very difficult to track, it will not happen. But already many countries are trying to do that.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:54:55 AM

I do not think because they have no authority over bitcoin and there is no law on it so they can not get tax from it. And banks are strongly opposed because of the different bitcoin characters with the monetary system.

timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:59:51 AM

Very often I see people asking here if governments and banks are going to destroy crypto, because it aims to replace them.

But what if governments and banks can benefit from Bitcoin too? Here's a few cases that I can think about.

Just like US military invented Tor for their own use, cryptocurrencies can be used by agencies like CIA for their own purposes. They can secretly fund opposition in other countries, as well as fund private companies, researchers and political figures.

Bitcoin can be used as universal global money, it's much cheaper to store and transact than gold. Many countries are unhappy with financial hegemony of USD, and Bitcoin can easily solve this problem (although centralization if mining around China can be slightly problematic).

Thoughts?

It can benefit the whole economy, not just the government, if they chose to use bitcoin.

Protecting privacy, decentralizing the economy to make it more stable and convenient to invest in, a public ledger, etc. are all just part of the advantages of using bitcoin. However, the real question isn't whether bitcoin can be useful for governments. It's whether they want to use it or not.

As many have said, i think that they are going to reject the idea of cryptocurrencies solely because of the fact that it would mean that they lose control over people's life savings and they will be unable to tax people.

Governments are centralized. Bitcoin is decentralized. There is a fundamental difference that the government cannot adapt to.

Smiley
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:09:09 AM

Well with your example I guess its very useful for the people who needs to have an express way to send money, as bitcoin or crypto might lessen the time frame for receiving and sending funds, government and banks might hiding it from us but they already taking the advantage. Just for my 2 scents.
oktana

Activity: 1610
Merit: 282

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 08:26:26 AM

Of course it can, everything can be realized if the government take full advantage of bitcoin and illegitimate it. Well, but I think as long as bitcoin is still used freely on the black market, and it is very difficult to track, it will not happen. But already many countries are trying to do that.

They only need to adopt peer-to-peer systems and leverage cooperation with many developers such as coinbase and blockchain, bitcoin is very good if implemented by the government on a regular basis but I think they are not ready and able to achieve it because they are still bumping bitcoin with money laundering cases.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:31:54 AM

In my perspective if a lot of people are using Bitcoin as a mode of payment then it is good to the government because it can be taxable to them, the income reflected from the use of Bitcoin to any businesses can be tax now, also it can be beneficial to banks in a lot of way from conversion of Bitcoin to Fiat and payments receive from Bitcoin Visa Credit/Debit Cards it can surely boost the income of the bank, also businesses like banks can adapt to fully take advantage of Bitcoin if proven beneficial to their industry.
Mandoy

Activity: 644
Merit: 264

Aurox

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:33:39 AM

Thoughts?

Bitcoin can be useful in banking transactions as well as on government transactions. I have read some articles on this forum and it said that Swtizerlands government has been accepting bitcoins from its taxpayers. Bitcoin can be also useful in banking system but banks does not want bitcoin since they are so focused on profit rather than giving banking services.

Aurox.

Designed to make
you money
|Proprietary Indicators
& Signals
|||                  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄
                ▄████████▀█▄▀
            ▄▄██████████▀
           ██████████▀██
          ███████████▄▄ ▄▄
         ██████████████ ▀▀█▄
     ▄▄████████████▀▄█▀   ▀▀
▄▀▀ ███████████▀▀▀ ██▀
▀▄▄▀ ██████▀ ▄▄
      ████▀ ██▀
     ███▀  █▀
     ▄█▌  ▐█▌
     ▀██   ▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████   ████

Get Started. FREE!
██   ████   ██████   ████████   ██████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
darligo

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:34:54 AM

I think if we have any agent fees (as in the case mentioned), the system stops being decentralized.
Currently, I have no idea how it may be helpful, but I guess in the future we'll find the way
Baijit20

Activity: 414
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:39:18 AM

yes...bitcoin can be useful for governments and banks.because bitcoin crypto currency sestem is very privet.already governments and banks research about it.and think oneday bitcoin add governments and banks
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:41:42 AM

Bitcoin can be useful for banks only if banks see profit. Otherwise, banks will make his own cryptocurrients and will make huge profit. Problem for us in that case is that we can not earn on mining more.
doomloop

Activity: 2296
Merit: 581

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:19:58 PM

yes...bitcoin can be useful for governments and banks.because bitcoin crypto currency sestem is very privet.already governments and banks research about it.and think oneday bitcoin add governments and banks
Bitcoin is a secure and reliable currency and it can be applicable in government and the banks because now it is using in a lot of international schools as fee payment and it is being legalize in several countries such as in Japan and china and in south Korea so it made bitcoin more trust worthy and more convenient for the government. Now government can trust bitcoin and can put it in the bank soon bitcoin service will be available in different banks.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: