Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:43:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple = Centralized??? think again 😊  (Read 1941 times)
Boxxl (OP)

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:56:48 PM

You can make your own XRP validator.
https://ripple.com/insights/how-we-are-further-decentralizing-the-ripple-consensus-ledger-rcl-to-bolster-robustness-for-enterprise-use/

No Signature right now...
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:01:40 PM

Yes it is and it will never change in being Centralized, I doubt about it at the very first time that I knew it was centralized because the essence of most of the crypto currency is to be decentralized and not being controlled by any, most of all regulations from authorities but here comes the Ripple.

Theymos already made a thread about his idea with different cryptos besides Bitcoin here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2095328.0 and he qouted Ripple to be '100% centralized'
Boxxl (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:06:13 PM

Yes it is and it will never change in being Centralized, I doubt about it at the very first time that I knew it was centralized because the essence of most of the crypto currency is to be decentralized and not being controlled by any, most of all regulations from authorities but here comes the Ripple.

Theymos already made a thread about his idea with different cryptos besides Bitcoin here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2095328.0 and he qouted Ripple to be '100% centralized'

Did you read this post?
https://ripple.com/insights/how-we-are-further-decentralizing-the-ripple-consensus-ledger-rcl-to-bolster-robustness-for-enterprise-use/

And everybody can setup a validator for Ripple.
How is this not decentralized?

ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:17:40 PM

One company and one company only sells all XRP = 100% Centralized
Something decentralized can not have missing data as it is the case with this garbage.

A service does not make it decentralized. Its like saying Walmart is decentralized because it has stores scattered all over.   All Sales still congregate at one place from which sales tax is paid (or not).

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
monsterer2

Activity: 351
Merit: 134

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:53:45 PM

Did you read this post?

And everybody can setup a validator for Ripple.
How is this not decentralized?

Because the only trusted nodes in the network are owned by ripple labs.
ViolaDavis

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:00:12 PM

Headache with xrp  Angry Angry
onurgozupek

Activity: 1306
Merit: 593

In #Bitcoin me trust

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 04:03:21 PM

Ripple is a centralized crypto currency. Did anyone told opposite? They own more than released to market...
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:30:06 PM

Ripple was made to be used by banks, they say it on their website loud and clear, while banks are the target for marketing I don't see the reason for

People to be involved. one thing I have learned over the past year in crypto is that when I see something that I am unable to mine-forge-generate for

Myself, I'd just keep my distance from it, they're selling the idea of Ripple as a decentralized mass transfer of funds with lowest possible cost and also

The fastest network. you need to go buy in exchanges, that's not a decentralized currency, it's the opposite, when you can't mine the coin then you

Are not participating in the distribution and only God knows who holds most of the coins.
Boxxl (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:46:02 PM

ANYONE can run a XRP validator.
XRP transactions can NOT be stopped.

gedor

Activity: 658
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:03:33 PM

I don't care about decentralization, it gives me profit and that is enough, and centralized coins don't hurt investors.
invest2lose

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:12:36 PM

BUT IT'S NOT DECENTRALIZED!! /s
Boxxl (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:37:34 PM

BUT IT'S NOT DECENTRALIZED!! /s

Ripple says it is going to Decentralize RCL wider and further then bitcoin. It will also avoid pitfalls in decentralization that can lead to problems like market-cornering etc ( Chinese Miners issue in Bitcoin )

Here is the official Report : https://ripple.com/insights/how-we-are-further-decentralizing-the-ripple-consensus-ledger-rcl-to-bolster-robustness-for-enterprise-use/

Summary : in the next 12 to 18 months, Ripple will start allowing Major Universities, Colleges, Law firms, Partner Banks and Institutions, Central Banks, Government Offices and then General Public like you and me to run validators. They call it responsible decentralization where your XRP investments are better protected, as no particular group can corner the market and hold guns.

What will this achieve :

1.) Ripple RCL will be worlds most Decentralized platform. Unlike Bitcoin validators are not just run by the anarchists. Validators are run by "Everybody". You, me, governments, hospitals, banks, institutes ( All inclusive ).
2.) That way no single party can detriment and harm the network.
3.) Network literally becomes secured by entire Humanity.
4.) Destroys any ability of groups the largest pools working together and conjuring a 51% attack and there by reverse transactions.

but the biggest takeaway. This means no body , not even government or mafia can stop you from transacting on RCL.

yes Ripple is relinquishing control of RCL, but it is making sure no one else can grab it. A responsible decentralization that SAFEGUARDS YOU the investor/user who transacts in XRP on  RCL.

if you or your organization is interested in applying to run a validator, please find all the details required here : https://ripple.com/technical-faq-ripple-consensus-ledger/

BitFarmer75

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:51:20 PM

guys, i have ripple and I not having great luck with it. is there something i am missing here. I holding on, but my friends say sell it. what should i do.
Boxxl (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:59:11 PM

A lot of people say this to me.
This year I made a lot of profit.. see also the charts:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ripple/#charts

g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:35:07 PM

I don't care about decentralization, it gives me profit and that is enough, and centralized coins don't hurt investors.

THANK YOU.

too many people arguing over ethics, when really it's about profits.
Mett33

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:21:38 PM

I will tell you my opinion why is XRP much better than BTC.

When you make transaction of BTC you must wait about 1h. Let’s say that you must use BTC for company business trading, someone buy me a machine which cost 3 BTC and he send me, after 1h I receive that BTC, but since this coin is unstable in 1h can lose also 200€, so that mean that I get from my client 600€ less, aaaa???

Are you seriously think that BTC is a thing to use in a company for trading goods? This coin is not useful for normal life. I better use SWIFT which take 3 days and they charge 30€. We have in Euro community also SEPA which take about 1 day, many times can transfer same day if is made in morning and they charge from 0,3 to 0,5 € (depend of bank) which is nothing.

Now let’s look XRP, this need to make transaction in 4-6 second, which is so fast that currency will not change or very little.

Now tell me which coin, token or whatever you want to call is more useful for a company trading and normal people?
I am not a big holder of XRP in fact I hold more BTC and some altcoin, but in my opinion of all 850 crypto currencies which you can find only Ripple have a useful idea, sorry guys that my opinion.
Mett33

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:32:41 PM

Another minus of BTC is that consume a tremendous quantity of electricity just to mine that coin, which is not good for our planet.

XRP doesn't need to be mined and consume of electricity is nothing compare BTC.

We can say that XRP is a green coin Grin
MundiCN

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:49:46 PM

No se os puede contactar por telegram. Solo darle join, nada mas. Esta semana hacemos una quedada en Madrid o que? Miercoles u Jueves?
korkyqq

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 09:17:44 PM

It is centralized and that is why it goes against the basics of cryptocurrency.
rayk

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 09:27:02 PM

Ripple is totally centralized no doubt about it but also I do not care about it, I just care about profit honestly and it gives me profit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: