Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:48:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Iran and ‘radical’ Islam  (Read 1677 times)
da2ce7 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
December 06, 2010, 04:31:25 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2010, 04:50:16 AM by da2ce7

I’m starting this topic to express my deep fear for the world over the recent trends within the western world to apologise for the evil that is being perpetrated in Iran and through the name of a so-called ‘religion’ of Islam.

The core of the issue is what intellectuals constitute a religion to be; should religion be restricted to spirituality, or is valid it for it to dictate an entire way of life?  Personaly, I believe a religion should be only personal and spiritual.  When religion extends further than this, it is no longer a religion, but governance, thus not valid for protection under the claim of religious freedoms.

In Iran we see one of the most potent examples of how a political regime can somehow, falsely, claim religious protection. When in frank assessment it is shown to be plainly evil.

To highlight this problem a recent article in ‘The Australian’ (the only Australian paper worth reading, other than the financial review maybe), talks about the paralysis that the American and international governments have had in condemning Iran.  It is a shame that their true, (and in many ways, much more honourable), assessments needs to be shown through Wikileaks.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/wikileaks-reveals-ugly-truth-about-iran-appeasers/story-fn59niix-1225966020409

I'm interested in hearing what the thoughts of my fellow bitcoiners are Smiley

One off NP-Hard.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 06, 2010, 04:39:21 AM

Unless you have been to Tehran, you are getting your information from the controlled media, owned by the same banksters that foment the wars.

I advice you to be more skeptical.

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 06, 2010, 04:54:32 AM

For the love of god, do you want another war?

Two wars that cost a lot of money, then we get social security liabilities(entitlement) to worry about. Then we got this security and military industrial complex to worry about.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2010, 05:01:44 AM

When something becomes governance it should be ended. Start close by where maybe you can do something.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 06, 2010, 05:53:40 AM

Unless you have been to Tehran, you are getting your information from the controlled media, owned by the same banksters that foment the wars.

You count the wikileaks cables as "controlled media...owned by banksters"?  Strange.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
nanaimogold

View Profile
December 06, 2010, 09:57:22 AM

You count the wikileaks cables as "controlled media...owned by banksters"?  Strange.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/wikileaks-reveals-ugly-truth-about-iran-appeasers/story-fn59niix-1225966020409

Anonymous

December 06, 2010, 11:02:25 AM

All the governments of the world should be locked in a room and leave the people to deal with each other peacefully.

Saudi Arabia are the true sponsors of terrorism imo.
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 06, 2010, 11:54:59 AM

... the evil that is being perpetrated in Iran and through the name of a so-called ‘religion’ ...

Evil deeds are evil whether or not they are being done in the name of a religion, and regardless of which country is doing them.

Evil deeds always boil down to "the initiation of violence", and it is that which should be stopped. This defuses the situation a little by taking religion out of the equation.
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2010, 02:32:15 PM

I’m starting this topic to express my deep fear for the world over the recent trends within the western world to apologise for the evil that is being perpetrated in Iran and through the name of a so-called ‘religion’ of Islam.

The core of the issue is what intellectuals constitute a religion to be; should religion be restricted to spirituality, or is valid it for it to dictate an entire way of life?

I think the core of the problem isn't religion at all.  The core of the problem is the west is ruled by a bunch of pansy-assed multi-cult secularists who think every culture is morally equal and so they have no basis in their worldview to criticize Islam (Berlusconi being the exception: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/1565664.stm).  

If they had a Christian or Jewish worldview, they would have basis on which to criticize Islam.

Personaly, I believe a religion should be only personal and spiritual.  When religion extends further than this, it is no longer a religion, but governance, thus not valid for protection under the claim of religious freedoms.

Religion that extends only to the 'spiritual' parts of life (whatever that means) isn't religion at all, but a hobby.  For example, St. James says part of 'true religion' to to care for widows and orphans in their distress.

If we start saying 'religious freedom' only extends as far as the walls of the church/synagogue/whatever, that's no freedom at all.

There is this idea floating around that religion has been the cause of most of the wars in history.  While religion has certainly been the pretense for a lot of war, in the 20th century not even that has been true.  By far the bulk of death in human history has been the result of atheistic communism.  Pagan fascism would be up there too.  The clear connection between these two philosophies is their overweening statism.

Even wars that could be reasonably linked to religion generally aren't fought by priests and nuns, they are fought by governments.  Reduce the role of government, reduce the likelihood of war.
nanaimogold

View Profile
December 07, 2010, 01:35:16 AM

Yeah, wars are fought to secure environment, and blamed on religion.

It's all about the loot, and God takes the rap.

Anonymous

December 07, 2010, 03:53:54 AM

The state is a religion.
1993MZ

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 08:48:12 AM

For God's sake
Best regards to all nations

If you do not live in Iran, please do not comment on Iran and its government ... As an Iranian, I enjoy my life in Iran and do not change a single part of my country with any thing.

دستگاه واکس زن برقی نماشو
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: