Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:42:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BCC/BCH  (Read 2773 times)
Mhedz (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 03:51:41 PM

Is bcc/bch will pump its price to the moon like btc?

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:54:36 PM

It depends on for how long the pump can be sustained. There's no real demand for BCash, someone must be pumping it. That "someone" could be the usual suspects (The Roger Ver - Jihan Wu - Craig Wright connection), or it could be also a random whale group pumping it to, obviously, dump it once people that are absolutely clueless of what's going on, think that BCash is going to reach parity with the real Bitcoin.

It will be fun to watch, the manipulation is huge on any Bitcoin fork because people perceive it as "free money".
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:59:07 PM

Yes it seems as if BTC will die off and Bitcoin Cash will become the main chain/Bitcoin.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:18:59 PM

BCC won't even get near bitcoin , I was able to sell my BCH at 0.07 and I don't regret it even with this pump
there are some people who like to play in the market , you can't take every pump seriously cause this is trading related
I still remember that day when Namecoin went 150% up in one day , simple some whales like to play once in a while
bxipp

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:26:13 PM

you can see bch still on pump. i hope i will not regret this.bitcoin fall.bch is rises.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:27:18 PM

LIKE BTC?

BCH is not in anyway comparable to bitcoin. BCH is just another altcoin which has its own market. What all popularity it got by splitting off from Bitcoin is over. Now, some bulk holders or pump groups are pumping the coin and there is no solid reason behind the price increase. Thus, it will dump soon. Many have already forgotten about it.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:34:59 PM

Bitcoin isn't going anywhere, BCH will be more profitable for the miners so maybe will get a push because of this but I doubt it will hit anything above $1k.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 04:42:20 PM

Using the word "pump" implies that the price moves are artificial, being manufactured by a few people. This isn't happening with Bitcoin...and I don't think it's happening with Bitcoin Cash.

So my answer to your question is "No".

Bitcoin Cash was always going to take time to succeed or fail, it takes time for the miners to want to accept those transactions and with that slow adoption comes faster confirmation times, which in turn offers more confidence to speculative investors and the cycle goes on.

I hope these two can coexist...if they both exist harmoniously we all win.
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:45:02 PM

Bitcoin isn't going anywhere, BCH will be more profitable for the miners so maybe will get a push because of this but I doubt it will hit anything above $1k.

Yes of course bitcoin prices will be increasingly peaked because the world already knows bitcoin including big country, I have confidence that BCH price will be balanced with BTC price soon
jal007

Activity: 138

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:45:21 PM

in bitfinex exchange the price of :
  BCC = 3550 usd = 0887
  BCH = 583 usd = 0.13668

and i think the price will grow up with time.

basinlotus

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:46:43 PM

There is no technology innovation, no application demand. Even the price increases it's just a speculation. And there is a trend to get centralized, it's price may be manipulated by some group.

btc78

Activity: 2534
Merit: 215

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:50:23 PM

I don't think the BCC will reach what bitcoin has gone so far. Right now the price is high for BCH but I don't know if this is sustainable of just artificial. And even if the price increase that much, sooner or later it will crash. It will take more years before it can reach the price of bitcoin today.

xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:51:54 PM

BCH will reach BTC's price very soon
Cashvscore.com

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
iluvpie60

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:10:24 PM

LIKE BTC?

BCH is not in anyway comparable to bitcoin. BCH is just another altcoin which has its own market. What all popularity it got by splitting off from Bitcoin is over. Now, some bulk holders or pump groups are pumping the coin and there is no solid reason behind the price increase. Thus, it will dump soon. Many have already forgotten about it.

As far as I am aware, and please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't really the only difference that BCH has 8MB max block size(actually it can be more if nodes/miners agree).

How exactly is it an altcoin when it does on-chain scaling? I would be interested to hear more about this as I haven't kept up on it to be honest.

I understand the majority here hates BCH, but I can't really understand why. Isn't it a good thing they split off from us and they can go away now?
Aamir1

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:11:02 PM

It took years of surviving for bitcoin to reach where it is today which is not really something ordinary on internet, as there are hundreds or currencies made every month but they cannot survive at all because they cannot get the user base needed for a project. Bitcoin Cash will have to pass this period as well, and if it could survive it, it may reach somewhere, but nowhere near bitcoin.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:50:23 PM

LIKE BTC?

As far as I am aware, and please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't really the only difference that BCH has 8MB max block size(actually it can be more if nodes/miners agree).

How exactly is it an altcoin when it does on-chain scaling? I would be interested to hear more about this as I haven't kept up on it to be honest.

I understand the majority here hates BCH, but I can't really understand why. Isn't it a good thing they split off from us and they can go away now?
Any coin which is not Bitcoin is simply Altcoin. It runs on different blockchain than that of Bitcoin and hence is different coin. The reason for hatred for BCH is because of all that fuss created by the fork was unnecessary when majority was supporting Segwit and lead to FUD and uncertainty in the market and hence a drop in price. Now most of the holders have dumped their BCH and most probably have forgotten too.
Yoandy10

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:04:10 PM

LIKE BTC?

Any coin which is not Bitcoin is simply Altcoin. It runs on different blockchain than that of Bitcoin and hence is different coin. The reason for hatred for BCH is because of all that fuss created by the fork was unnecessary when majority was supporting Segwit and lead to FUD and uncertainty in the market and hence a drop in price. Now most of the holders have dumped their BCH and most probably have forgotten too.

This may true that most holders dumped their BCH. However, it is making a lot of gains and seems to be a viable alternative to BTC, especially for those who cannot or will not pay $4200 for one BTC. I can see BCH gaining a lot of ground on BTC by end of year. We'll see...
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:18:16 PM

LIKE BTC?

It's an altcoin because it's just a hard fork that replicates the UTXO set. Most people realize by now that "on-chain scaling" includes Segwit's block size increase (and future optimizations like signature aggregation), so they realize fixes are on the way and Segwit will soon be usable.

Long term, sure, it's good if the BU crowd splits off. But if the split is significant, it could significantly hurt the combined market cap, given Metcalfe's Law.

mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:23:03 PM

Right now price of Bitcoin cash is pumping hard just because of some whales rather than due to natural demand for it. Bitcoin cash might not get to same price level of bitcoin but it might hold some value like 10% of BTC price in future. Current peak price is good for dumpers and I am expecting a huge dump on bitcoincash because of bitcoin whales who have thousands of free bitcoincash ready to dump.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:31:25 PM

It's obvious that BCH is just made for people to have more money on them to use as fuel to further increase the price on bitcoin. Have you observed that a week after consensus was reached, bitcoin suddenly surged up in price?

Using the word "pump" implies that the price moves are artificial, being manufactured by a few people. This isn't happening with Bitcoin...and I don't think it's happening with Bitcoin Cash.

You will never know. During 2013, no one knew that the price was pumped until someone took the records of Gox revealing that it was trusty Willy who was doing these fake trades. It's just a possibility but then again, as of today's current state, bitcoin is receiving natural growth thanks to big businessmen endorsing their positive side of the cryptocurrency.

I hope these two can coexist...if they both exist harmoniously we all win.

They can coexist same as to what other altcoins are currently to bitcoin. However we must accept the fact that BCH is categorized as yet another altcoin and can never be really a competition to bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: