Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:54:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is like .COM domain, established, but stale and boring  (Read 474 times)
cashodler (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:05:06 PM

Bitcoin feels like .COM domains to .io and .me domain. Bitcoin gave us a technology, but we improved it and now have something better and it ain't even finished.

The future is in Ethereum/OmiseGo decentralized exchange for any Crypto/FIAT currency.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:40:58 PM

Bitcoin feels like .COM domains to .io and .me domain. Bitcoin gave us a technology, but we improved it and now have something better and it ain't even finished.

The future is in Ethereum/OmiseGo decentralized exchange for any Crypto/FIAT currency.

Ethereums insecure contracts you mean? Lol...
Idk where you got the idea that ethereum (or any PoS...) is decentralized....

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:43:29 PM

I don't even know why i'm replying to this, but i can't help it. Are you really comparing Ethereum to Bitcoin? Besides, why do you feel bitcoin is boring? It wasn't made to entertain the people in any way that you might want, but it is a currency made for purposes that it provides to everyone using it, and it has a value that no currency can reach at, so if someone finds it boring, i would surely say he doesn't understand it at all.
cashodler (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:46:16 PM

OmiseGo will be used widely in SEA soon with its own blockchain, Omise already proceeds payments of $500M every day for their customers and everything will move to OMG, because they have contracts. Omise is one of the biggest players in payment processing in SEA area. And if everything is sucessful, it will move to USA. It will be used in shopping malls and by all kinds of merchants. It's all backed by ethereum founders (Vitalik Buterin, Gavin Wood and the whole OMISE company). Basically everyone who's got their word in the world of crypto, is already in OMG. Decentralized Exchange & wallet for all crypto and fiat assets with its own blockchain and native currency, but you could use anything.

OmiseGo might be the first widely used blockchain technology ever. And I mean used by people that don't understand what blockchain is. It will be a default electronic payment method for everyone there (Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, then Japan and South Korea). You could pay using FIAT too, because of FIAT 1:1 currencies in form of tokens like USDT.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:56:02 PM

Omise isn't supported by Vitalik it just runs on top of Ethereum, which can't handle the advertised load at all, isn't secure and isn't decentralized.
In short, whatever this will turn out to be, it has nothing to do with the decentralized independant economy that was envisioned when Bitcoin was created.
Sure you can speculate on it and it may become the next PayPal or something but i doubt it as the tech behind it doesn't scale as they want to.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
cashodler (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:58:12 PM

Omise isn't supported by Vitalik it just runs on top of Ethereum, which can't handle the advertised load at all, isn't secure and isn't decentralized.
In short, whatever this will turn out to be, it has nothing to do with the decentralized independant economy that was envisioned when Bitcoin was created.
Sure you can speculate on it and it may become the next PayPal or something but i doubt it as the tech behind it doesn't scale as they want to.

It is supported by Vitalik u fcking troll idiot, read his twitter and omisego twitter, he's like in every picture. And it won't run on top of Ethereum... 2018 will release its own blockchain. It's supported by merely everyone in the crypto community.

No one likes you here, even Bitcoin Cash supporters like me. Go home, kwuk.

Main supporters

Joseph Poon
Lightning Network Co-Author
OmiseGO Principal Author

Vitalik Buterin

Founder of Ethereum
Proof-of-Stake Research: Scalability, Safety, Privacy

Dr. Gavin Wood
Co-Founder of Ethereum, Founder of Parity & Polkadot
Consensus Technology Research, Development and Utilization

Roger Ver
CEO of bitcoin.com, First Major Backer of Earliest Crypto Startups
Decentralization Advisor, Human Rights Advocate

Jae Kwon
Creator of Tendermint, and Cosmos Network
Proof-of-Stake Research - BFT Consensus, Speed, Interoperability

Julian Zawistowski
Founder of Golem
Decentralised Economics Enthusiast

and many more...

https://omg.omise.co/
https://www.reddit.com/r/omise_go/
https://twitter.com/omise_go
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2111

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:08:54 PM

It's a silly comparison, but if Bitcoin is the .com of TLDs than that's fine with me. The TLD of Google, Apple, Amazon... you know, companies that actually make money, rule the tech world and don't just spout random vaporware every way they go.

But you kids have fun. I see you don't remember all the other novelty TLDs that came and went during the last few years. Well... come to think of it, maybe the .io / .me comparison is pretty fitting after all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
krizniq

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:10:23 PM

ty ses opravdu dement Smiley

Looking for investment tip? XBY OMG and ADX, thank me later Wink

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 08:29:48 PM

If you knew anything about domain markets, you would know that Dot Com is the most desired of them all. It also brings the highest prices and always will.

Most other extensions are lucky to fetch 10% of the value of .COM and I suspect it will remain the same for Bitcoin and Alt-coins.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

RoyBatty

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:33:39 PM

You're trying too hard. Give it a rest.
cashodler (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:33:49 PM

If you knew anything about domain markets, you would know that Dot Com is the most desired of them all. It also brings the highest prices and always will.

Most other extensions are lucky to fetch 10% of the value of .COM and I suspect it will remain the same for Bitcoin and Alt-coins.

Yes, that's why all silicon valley, Israel and Chinese start-ups now use domains like .xyz, .io

Even Alphabet (owner of Google now after restructuring) uses .xyz
cashodler (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:36:55 PM

ty ses opravdu dement Smiley

You are dement.

OMG and Ethereum for the future.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 09:02:37 PM

Yes, that's why all silicon valley, Israel and Chinese start-ups now use domains like .xyz, .io

Keyword: Startups*

That's because they can't afford to purchase the Dot-Com so they settle for another extension.

If the company succeeds they will eventually purchase the Dot Com.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

cashodler (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:04:17 PM

Startups change the world, not big established companies... it's always been like that.

And it's idiotic to think they cant afford .com domain, lol... shut up kid or go troll somewhere else.

Google can't afford .com domain? That's why their holding has website abc.xyz?
Facebook/Google projects have .io domains, because they can't afford .com domain? Are you mentally challenged?

Apple, Google, Facebook...
g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:12:45 PM

because .xyz is a play on/apart of the "alphabet", get it?
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 11:27:31 PM

The future is in decentralized exchanges and i am all for it,even with the exchanges we have right now,the volumes are really low which makes me think twice on going back at this moment of time,but Ethereum being the future is an over statement as i view it as a token creating platform and nothing else and is it even decentralized. Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: