Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:21:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to spot memory type rx470-rx480 (Hinyx/Elpida) for flash bios  (Read 558 times)
quiell (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:53:12 PM

Hello .

I had 4 rx470 nitro (non-plus) sapphire runing at stock clocks since a month or so ,  i want to flash the bios for get more perfomance and i have read many guides explaining the process, two of my rx470 are Hinyx and the other two are Samsung memory (Acording to GPU-Z) , anyway i had read that  i could irremendialy damage the cards if i flash the card with wrong bios specially because these are not nitro+ (with two bios)

so the questions are.

1- Is GPU-Z 100% trusteable regarding to the memory tipe (Is not posible that it says that i have Hinyx and that the memory result being Elpida)
2- Is GPU-Z is not 100% acurrate how can i determine the memory type?

Can you recommend any flash guide and gime some extra advice in my particular case?

I was planing to flash and well i had my ups with the miners in order to avoid any blackout risk , any other thing for consideration?

thanks so much for your help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
g0suboy

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:01:42 AM

Save your bios with atiflash. Never gpu z. when you save it with atiflash upload ur bios .rom file and i can flash it for you.
quiell (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:03:12 AM

i really want to know if there is any chance of mistake or unaccurate information from GPU-Z i think that the flash process is easy , but i think i read that sometines a Elpida memory could appear as Hinyx in GPU-Z so i just wanna be sure before flash the cards , besides i want to know is there is any other way to spot the memorys for being 100% sure.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:11:46 AM

GPU-z could be incorrect. If you aren't sure contacting the manufacturer is a good place to start most of the time, they should be the ones who know most about the cards. Dual bios cards are usually pretty hard to completely brick, so you can try with two cards and see if results are consistent and do more if needed.
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:14:11 AM

i really want to know if there is any chance of mistake or unaccurate information from GPU-Z i think that the flash process is easy , but i think i read that sometines a Elpida memory could appear as Hinyx in GPU-Z so i just wanna be sure before flash the cards , besides i want to know is there is any other way to spot the memorys for being 100% sure.
there are actually several different ways of finding the actuall hardware present but i guess this article will help those that need it!
https://www.techjunkie.com/check-graphics-card-windows-10/
quiell (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:16:14 AM

GPU-Z says i have 3 hinyx and 1  Samsung , but my cards aren´t dual bios so i wanna be sure to avoid damage the cards.
ronakjordan

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:09:49 AM

GPU-Z says i have 3 hinyx and 1  Samsung , but my cards aren´t dual bios so i wanna be sure to avoid damage the cards.

I would suggest testing it with some more tools to avoid damange. If the result is same from 3 to 4 tools then obviously it's correct.

Here are some guides for your help:

1. https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/11227/spot-samsung-and-hynix-memory-before-you-buy
2. https://www.techwhoop.com/check-graphics-card-on-windows-10/

and this one too already mentioned above.

3. https://www.techjunkie.com/check-graphics-card-windows-10/

Let me know if it's resolved. If not then also feedback will be appreciated.
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:03:09 PM

GPU-Z is always correct
tg88
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1405

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:08:30 AM

gpuz is constantly updated. I've always used it and I think it's safe

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀
Mohondoa

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 03:58:52 AM

I think CPU-Z is correct. And it's 100% accurate. Because this software need identify through the chipset. As far we know chipset is place of identity, and it can not be forged, because it is manufactured by factory. But if you want to identify from outside / box or hardware, you need "EAN code" , like this post https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/11227/spot-samsung-and-hynix-memory-before-you-buy
cscheat

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:19:50 AM

I think GPUZ could be wrong sometime

I have a few gigabyte RX570 showed hynix in GPUZ, but when I check the Memory using PBE, it showed Samsung

Just back up individual gpu rom you will be fine
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:55:21 AM

I think GPUZ could be wrong sometime

I have a few gigabyte RX570 showed hynix in GPUZ, but when I check the Memory using PBE, it showed Samsung

Just back up individual gpu rom you will be fine

Thats because that card has 2, or even 3 sets of straps, and Samsung was #1...doesn't mean memory
on card is Samsung, though. I tried so many cards (50+) and never saw GPU-z wrong
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: