Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:57:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Am i able to find a bitcoin adress if i only partially have the numbers of it?  (Read 488 times)
AdolfinWolf (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:19:32 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2017, 07:29:35 PM by AdolfinWolf

As title states. I am looking for a wallet from a guy, and i only have lets say the first 5 cyphers/letters, and the last 5. Is there any index which lists these adresses or something like that?

The adress has balance in it.

I'd figure that there might be a tool for that which does these things?

Finding for example all the adresses with those first 5 letters, and then show the balance of those?

I also know the exact time of the TX being broadcasted, if that helps anything.
How do i look this up? Thanks.

For example this one,

August 16th, 12:34 PM, First 5 numbers are 18UNFu********wZpF6KY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SirPereira

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:32:14 PM

If I am not mistaken there is a website that holds information the transactions, confirmations and respective involved addresses but I don't recall the url.

What I would suggest you to do if you have part of the sff address, is to open up Google and do a query if the two parts of the address surrounded by quotes, like the exanple:
"XXXXX" "YYYYY"

XXXXX would be the first part of the address you know and YYYYY the second one.

This guarantees that Google looks only for pages that contain exactly those parts of information, and that could result in the address you are looking for.
gildartzclive25

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:37:21 PM

As title states. I am looking for a wallet from a guy, and i only have lets say the first 5 cyphers/letters, and the last 5. Is there any index which lists these adresses or something like that?

Finding for example all the adresses with those first 5 letters, and then show the balance of those?

For example this one,

i think even if you've searched for some combinations and found out some addresses that have the same partial numbers like your own, you cant easily figure out the same address because there are a lot of combinations and if you are going to try them all it won't be easy. For what i'm seeing here youre missing 8 characters and finding exactly what you are looking for is not an easy feat in my opinion.
AdolfinWolf (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:34:49 PM

For example this one,

i think even if you've searched for some combinations and found out some addresses that have the same partial numbers like your own, you cant easily figure out the same address because there are a lot of combinations and if you are going to try them all it won't be easy. For what i'm seeing here youre missing 8 characters and finding exactly what you are looking for is not an easy feat in my opinion.

Yeah, i was hoping that there was such a site for that / database.
I know blockchain in itself is basically an open ledger, but without the right tools it's still a pain in the ass. 

isn't there such a site which shows you all the adresses in recent blocks for example? It seems to me that this could be of really good use for a lot of people.

I feel like this might be a hole in the market. might make a site which can forfill these things i am looking for.

AdolfinWolf (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 01:23:09 PM

I don't believe so but you should be able to at least try via the [Suspicious link removed] Good luck too friend Smiley

"Suspicious link removed", Could you please post the link again? Or PM it to me?

What is that site about?

Has anyone seen what link he posted? If so, please shoot me a PM about it.

If anyone has a solution for this, ( finding the adress, ) i can tip you some bitcoin aswell.

escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 01:47:17 PM

I don't believe so but you should be able to at least try via the [Suspicious link removed] Good luck too friend Smiley

"Suspicious link removed", Could you please post the link again? Or PM it to me?

What is that site about?

If anyone has a solution for this, ( finding the adress, ) i can tip you some bitcoin aswell.

You were looking for this address.
https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/address/18UNFu5STYBkeqMLQhSWCFQNmwZpF6KYYg
Now If you want to know how did I found this, There is a bitcoin explorer that allows your to search bitcoin addresses and transactions by partial bits or by time.

https://goochain.net/

Here is the ANN thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=808066.0

Ps: If I helped you, tip address is in my signature.
Thanks
AdolfinWolf (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:15:56 PM

What is that site about?

You were looking for this address.
https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/address/18UNFu5STYBkeqMLQhSWCFQNmwZpF6KYYg
Now If you want to know how did I found this, There is a bitcoin explorer that allows your to search bitcoin addresses and transactions by partial bits or by time.

https://goochain.net/

Here is the ANN thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=808066.0

Ps: If I helped you, tip address is in my signature.
Thanks

Thank you. this was exactly what i was looking for. Site looks pretty neat, bookmarked it for future use.
I'll tip you some BTC$ later on this week, if i don't forget about it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: