Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:59:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you a gambler or investor?
Gambler
Investor
Gambler and investor

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gambler or investor?  (Read 1418 times)
htsz_da12

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:03:51 PM

If you just buy bitcoins or altcoin, then it is sensible investors, if you choose to invest in futures contracts, then it is a gambler. There should be a rational attitude toward investing in coins.
Honest Tim

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:11:58 PM

For me I chose to be a investor. Investors are taking long-term profit but gambling can only be short-lived and you can lose your money and you can earn a living here, they're both risky and the only scam is to go to investors but to gambling wins and losing the ultimate destination. Gambling is addictive and bad habits.. Its never possible that a person always win.  Gambling gives results in a minute,  while investing required efforts and hard work.
Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:14:04 PM

Hi,

I see a lot of gamblers..
I gamble with small money..
But I made MORE money with long terms.. (2014)

What kind of research do you do?
- do you read the White Paper?
- research the team
- product of not

I am a gambler and a trader at the same time. I invest on altcoins that I see potential and in bitcoin and hold it long term. I also gamble on pump and dump altcoins but I don't hold it for long, as soon as I got a good enough sum of profit, I sell it instantly without holding long and technically that makes me both a gambler and investor. I just become one depending on what altcoin I buy and hold and what is needed for the time being to profit.
Samj16

Activity: 162

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:19:06 PM

I would rather choose to be an investor than a gambler.
For me gambling is a game of luck, you will end up winning or losing. While if you invest on to something you may expect to get a profit even if its just a small amount still your mobey grows/increase:)

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE ▬ DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
✓ BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
ccris0637

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:48:15 PM

Gambling and investing has common denominator which is RISK, yet in my opinion its still better to be an investor instead of being a gambler coz gambling might cause addiction if not properly control and most of the time merely depends on luck unlike investment which with proper knowledge and analysis of a certain field might lead to success.
biletskiy

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:07:20 AM

Gambling is always connected with loses. It never happens like this that a gambler wins. If you are going to think first, weigh all the pluses and minuses of the ICO or an altcoin you want to deal with, you will win finally. Something like this.
MarkoViewly

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:34:58 AM

Of course I am doing my own research. Reading through the whitepaper, roadmap and discover the team are my main priorities whenever I discover an ICO that's worth to be checked out. The last time I spent a lot of time learning about an ICO I was disappointed since the team made it look like they were doing a hell of a job but the deeper I was getting into the project I just figured out that they were trying to scam. On the other hand, I am following/helping this other project for almost three months now and I have to say that they were not supposed to convince me to put my trust into them or contribute. It was and still is really obvious that the team is working really hard besides every setbacks that have happened through the time. I am really glad that there are some real people out there.
swsw098222

Activity: 121

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 10:37:35 AM

investor is the best option to me.as gambler is more on depend on luck and its not a good business,it is not  so  wise decison to be a gaambler.on the other hand investor is real business man to earn profit through intellenge decision.
Bergiolia

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 10:44:39 AM

They're both risky but gambling is more and worse because it will drain your coins quick especially if you're too addicted to it.
For me I prefer investing because although you'll have to wait more time but your patience will be paid off. Investing Cryptocurrency is the best idea but gambling isn't advisable for crypto new comers.

Bergiolia

Activity: 224

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 10:48:12 AM

Gambling is always connected with loses. It never happens like this that a gambler wins. If you are going to think first, weigh all the pluses and minuses of the ICO or an altcoin you want to deal with, you will win finally. Something like this.

I agree, gambling institutions are always ended up collecting money from the gamblers, some gamblers are leaving with much money but they'll always ended up losing everything.
There's no good life being a gambler and it will ruin your life and your family.
Gambling in Cryptocurrency is the very least option if you want to find ways to earn more profit in a small period of time but there's a lot of option to choose from and it's to you to decide.

meebs

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:52:13 AM

Depending on gambling for making money is the worst thing as majority of times the end result will not be in your favor and it will bring only loss for you but if you are a smart investor then your money will work for you and at the end you will be satisfied with the profits you have made.

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

sehoon

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:00:45 AM

I am going to vote for the investor. Why? Because in gambling there is a chance that you can lose your money. But if you know how to invest. There is a high possibility that your money can be raised.

coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:16:54 AM

I would not like to call myself a gambles because i research and learn before i put my money in crypto, but i have had a few losses to be honest. In my opinion, crypto right now is so volatile, that every investor is actually a gambler.

Specialforce

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:42:31 AM

i would rathere be a investor than being a gambler why? because being a gambler you can be addicted to it once you get reward but you may not know that you already lost money but being a investor you can minimized your expenses because your not addicted on spending it but addicted by saving it

RushKing

Activity: 192
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:45:04 AM

i would rather say both because you gamble your hardwork on the ICO and on the gambling you gamble your money it has a same concept yet it is different of gambling payment but still everyday we risk our daily live on our daily days so i would say that i am both gambler and investor
Botude23

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:50:32 AM

If you are gambler you are able to loss alot of money or win alot of money, Im a Gambler i won $900 in 1Hit/Roll/Bet, Gambling is so hard to earn and so hard to recover your loss money.
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:00:03 PM

Gambling is for the risk takers. Its only for the bold heart. Oh well i have to accept that im not one of them. Although investment is also a risk but not that much compared to gambling. In gambling you may use your gut feeling but in investing you need to do your research.

coinrecs

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:08:24 PM

When it comes to crypto there is a fine line between gambler and investor, and despite what we say most of us aren't really sure which one we are.  Those that believe they are 100% investors are likely overly optimistic.  Way too many uncertainties to call crypto a sound market.  At some point there will be a major pull back.  Given the costs to mine today vs. the first BTC dip, it will be the response of the miners at that point (faith in the product) that dictates the future of the space.
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:33:41 PM

I do gamble and investing, but gambling is for fun and investing is for business, my portion for gambling is only a little, for investing ICO I always read the whitepaper and try to understand the purpose of the coin being created and do the research, checking all the detail is very important, since ICO is usually only based on trust and some documents
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:15:21 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2017, 04:32:10 AM by burky156

I think i am both of them.. But you know you can't win if you don't take risks.. Isn't that life risk? If you can't afford to loose you simply do nothing..

I gamble about AltCoins. Trying to find new and cheap ones..
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: