Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:33:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention!!! Fraud !!! www wallet-ethereum net  (Read 899 times)
al-1121 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:11:27 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2017, 08:33:29 PM by al-1121

Good Day everyone,

Sharing my bad experience with www wallet-ethereum net.
I opened wallet on their website and transferred some ETH. For a week there are no coins and support does not react on my queries.
Please share this info and alert people to avoid them loosing money.
Thanks for appreciation.
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:13:17 PM

Thank you for posting this, OP. There is another case of someone losing $45,000 a few weeks ago when they downloaded an ETH wallet from a similar site and got scammed. It is unfortunate there are so many bad apples in crypto... :/
EddyGameta

Activity: 884
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:15:35 PM

thank you for your info, i dont trust not reputable website like this one. If you want to create ether wallet so better to use myetherwallet service or wallet from jaxx
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:25:44 PM

thank you for your info, i dont trust not reputable website like this one. If you want to create ether wallet so better to use myetherwallet service or wallet from jaxx

OP you should update the post to not include the website so that people don't accidentally click and potentially get a virus.

We do not want these scammers to make extra money from your post.
al-1121 (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:34:27 PM

Thanks. Already done.
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:02:46 PM

I hope you didn't lose too much ETH, OP.
Next time be very careful about which website(s) you visit.
Just because a site ranks #1 on Google doesn't mean it is safe.
You should ask yourself if it looks professional and are others talking about it.
If people reported it as a scam or you are suspicious, do not download anything.
Thanks for reporting it here I am sure you will help someone. Smiley
Ultegra134

Activity: 1596
Merit: 786

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:35:05 PM

Sorry for your loss, next time check for an SSL certification, it's shown right next to the link and always starts with https. Also, you could use ScamAdvisor if you are still not sure.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
nelmari

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:11:18 AM

Thank you for sharing this info, I hope the OP didn't lose a lot of his coins though but we should be very careful in transferring our coins to online wallets because a lot has been created for phishing. A friend of mine was victimized by this sites, good thing it was only a little amount of Ethereum.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:57:25 PM

Good Day everyone,

Sharing my bad experience with www wallet-ethereum net.
I opened wallet on their website and transferred some ETH. For a week there are no coins and support does not react on my queries.
Please share this info and alert people to avoid them loosing money.
Thanks for appreciation.
Thanks for warning us about this, but you could have simply avoid that site with google search.
I've find this 1 year old topic in scam accusation board https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1689585.0 about that site.
I hope you didn't lose lots money  Undecided
Rabi3

Activity: 1204
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:14:08 PM

Thanks for this post , and thank you for sharing your experience we should be careful from the fraud sites

saqwe

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:38:29 PM

There have been some bad reviews about www wallet-ethereum net posted on this section in the past and i must agreed with other people that your post further confirms that wallet-ethereum net is a scam site.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:42:05 PM

Reason why I encourage people to read and get detailed infromation before taking any steps,lots of scammer's out there,to avoid this I have friends mentoring me couple with my personal research on bitcointalk.org. sorry about your loss.
al-1121 (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:39:01 AM

Thank to all for support. I don't care much about this loss. It was clearly my mistake. Before taking any step it should be learned about.  This website is still active despite I wrote to https://www.econsumer.gov and Google.
Blake_Last

Activity: 518
Merit: 278

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:31:17 AM

Actually, this is the first time I've heard about that wallet since what I'm using is MyEtherWallet and Exodus to store my ETH. But still, thanks for the warning, guess it is best to stick with a reputable wallet or wallet that is reliable and has strong support from their developers than to try wallets that you have no certainty if it is legitimate or not.

shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:04:37 PM

Sorry for your losses, I haven't heard of this wallet. There are many scams going on, please stick to reputable wallets.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: