Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:30:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Swarm Fund looks really interesting  (Read 3158 times)
evski (OP)

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:50:50 PM

This one looks promising

Crypto tokens that are legally representative of real-world assets

Could be a game changer

https://www.forbes.com/sites/giovannirodriguez/2017/08/16/can-swarm-fund-help-the-cryptocurrency-market-finally-enter-the-mainstream/#79f9c3512e77
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tanaka Osato

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:54:53 PM

Interesting. Thanks for posting.
semaforo

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:15:17 PM

I agree that it looks interesting. I am trying to figure out colored coins like in Lykke or mosaics in XEM.

What is the difference between these three?
evski (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:15:24 AM

not sure about those two but Swarm Fund looks really solid. Just read the whitepaper and researched the team

the team is based out of Silicon Valley and has some serious crypto dev veterans among its ranks

kolap

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

In Crypto We Trust

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:11:49 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2017, 06:13:32 PM by kolap

This Swarm or DAO are no different, just pyramid scam. But then can't compare much as most of the DAO are dead and the rest are in declining.

evski (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:02:45 PM

looks like the ICO is coming up on September 7th

https://www.swarm.fund/

going to do some more research but this one looks like it may be worth participating in

mainstream adoption is what is needed for the next level of crypto growth, the fact that swarm fund is being covered by Forbes says a lot
withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:28:27 PM

I looked into. It is similar to good old TaaS. And it şis working if creators are trusted people. I hope we will see more info over bitcointalk forums.

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
[|]
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:44:49 AM

Cofoundit is another project that's almost the same as Swarm, I think.  It's being accumulated right now on Bittrex and it looks like it's gonna start trending soon.

Please check out my opinion about it in my speculation thread the altcoin speculation section.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
mr_uk_btc

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:50:38 PM

To be honest Cofoundit seems to be at the chicken and egg stage that Swarm 1.0 was at in late 2014 / early 2015. They are actively seeking start-up projects that they can assist with raising funds in the hope that somewhere down the line these start-ups will be worth something....this slow process of trying to market their platform to small teams is what I believe eventually drove Swarm back into stealth mode.

Since then with lessons these learned, Swarm are returning to build a platform that will deploy capital immediately into EXISTING & PROFITABLE FUNDS across a variety of verticals (Distressed Real Estate, SaaS /  Tech and Renewables to name a few). So in a nutshell.... the capital raised above the software dev cap will be begin to be put to work immediately via their deployment into these existing businesses.

A proportion of any profit from these sub funds is then paid as a licence fee into a Swarm Token Pool which the Token holders then vote to either redistribute into new funds or distribute in a stake weighted manner amongst token holders.

See the difference?
evski (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:59:25 AM

To be honest Cofoundit seems to be at the chicken and egg stage that Swarm 1.0 was at in late 2014 / early 2015. They are actively seeking start-up projects that they can assist with raising funds in the hope that somewhere down the line these start-ups will be worth something....this slow process of trying to market their platform to small teams is what I believe eventually drove Swarm back into stealth mode.

Since then with lessons these learned, Swarm are returning to build a platform that will deploy capital immediately into EXISTING & PROFITABLE FUNDS across a variety of verticals (Distressed Real Estate, SaaS /  Tech and Renewables to name a few). So in a nutshell.... the capital raised above the software dev cap will be begin to be put to work immediately via their deployment into these existing businesses.

A proportion of any profit from these sub funds is then paid as a licence fee into a Swarm Token Pool which the Token holders then vote to either redistribute into new funds or distribute in a stake weighted manner amongst token holders.

See the difference?

agree, it seems very well thought out
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:22:27 AM

See the difference?

Maybe.  But we'll see.  I would rather be trading in something new than something old that failed, and was rehashed and is now claiming it's something new, but the reality is, it's all the same.  Plus the most important thing to me is the chart.  Check out CFI's chart.  It's accumulating and looking good. 

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
mr_uk_btc

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:27:05 PM

See the difference?

Maybe.  But we'll see.  I would rather be trading in something new than something old that failed, and was rehashed and is now claiming it's something new, but the reality is, it's all the same.  Plus the most important thing to me is the chart.  Check out CFI's chart.  It's accumulating and looking good. 

I wouldn't go as far as to say that this failed it seems a lot more like a pivot and a re-raise.... something that many very successful startups also do (http://www.businessinsider.com/most-successful-pivots-2011-4?op=1). Stop, reassess, learn from mistakes and improve / change your product / market fit. The 1.0 team were trying to figure out something very new in early 2014. They thought it was simpler than it was...and  once they began speaking with lawmakers etc. this became apparent.  They were literally THE thought leaders in this area in 2014.... and they remain ahead of the curve with this offering as they've already explored most of the dead ends that new Crowdfunding platforms will also face. That's why I'm so excited about the work they did during their downtime.  Chicken & Egg problem resolved now lets build the Farm! Smiley
evski (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:20:10 PM

See the difference?

I wouldn't go as far as to say that this failed it seems a lot more like a pivot and a re-raise.... something that many very successful startups also do (http://www.businessinsider.com/most-successful-pivots-2011-4?op=1). Stop, reassess, learn from mistakes and improve / change your product / market fit. The 1.0 team were trying to figure out something very new in early 2014. They thought it was simpler than it was...and  once they began speaking with lawmakers etc. this became apparent.  They were literally THE thought leaders in this area in 2014.... and they remain ahead of the curve with this offering as they've already explored most of the dead ends that new Crowdfunding platforms will also face. That's why I'm so excited about the work they did during their downtime.  Chicken & Egg problem resolved now lets build the Farm! Smiley

I think this is an excellent point. The project/team is showing adaptability and resilience, as well as dedication to their vision. It would have been easy to walk away after running into challenges with Swarm 1.0. With so many questionable ico's going on, the dedication and commitment the Swarm Fund team is showing says a lot about the potential future success of this project
evski (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:04:23 AM

this is neat, in addition to having a whitepaper they have a "lightpaper" that gives a more succinct overview of the project:

http://swarmlightpaper.strikingly.com/
evski (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:34:17 PM

some detailed info about the ICO here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNSjKO0d7pE
token man

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:55:59 PM

This one looks promising

Crypto tokens that are legally representative of real-world assets

Could be a game changer

https://www.forbes.com/sites/giovannirodriguez/2017/08/16/can-swarm-fund-help-the-cryptocurrency-market-finally-enter-the-mainstream/#79f9c3512e77

I found this clear explanation of Swarm:

https://swarm.fund/blog/swarmfund/decentralized-access-to-high-return-alternative-investments/
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:06:11 AM

I found this project on Wings Platform:
https://www.wings.ai/#!/home/project/0x2e4F1157D1cb304DE11842D2587F57A0d3864c0c/info

You can now participate there (if you have wings) and receive some amount of SWARM tokens. To all Wings platform Swarm giving 1.5% of all Swarm tokens.
evski (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:20:57 AM

some more great info here:

https://swarm.fund/faq/#faq9
mr_uk_btc

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:03:12 PM

Great insight in this video posted by Swarm Fund showing testimonials from their Partner Funds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-dDl3ip3mM&feature=youtu.be

evski (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:48:55 PM

Swarm Fund seems to be positioning themselves well to deal with the increasing regulatory environment:

https://www.cointelegraph.com/press-releases/swarm-fund-launches-compliance-oriented-token-offering-tailored-to-evolving-regulatory-environment
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: