Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 12:20:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sociall - a secure and private decentralised social network for all  (Read 39980 times)
antisoft

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 03:25:59 PM

There are too many features included in the project as for me  Shocked
Each of it looks like a dedicated big project. Google+ comes to mind. Anyway good luck

sheamus10

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 04:03:39 PM

This is an interesting project, having a social media coin is a good thing and it can be use as an entertainment media.

This is indeed an advantage for us who are often online in social media, so it is easier to promote this ico .. hopefully smoothly and can reach the target
raymond541

Activity: 821
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 04:56:49 PM

I was trying to find my post on social ANN thread but could not find and thinking how my post disappear, now understand.

COOL !!! SOCIAL already raise 2.6 million USD and increase continuously.maximum goal is not far away.I guess SOCIAL will reach their goal within their ICO time period.
I am very happy to be part of this token sale campaign.
very best luck SOCIAL  Smiley
BCTBF

Merit: 257

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:36:23 PM

I was trying to find my post on social ANN thread but could not find and thinking how my post disappear, now understand.

COOL !!! SOCIAL already raise 2.6 million USD and increase continuously.maximum goal is not far away.I guess SOCIAL will reach their goal within their ICO time period.
I am very happy to be part of this token sale campaign.
very best luck SOCIAL  Smiley
Yes I also experienced it and it seems this will be fine as long as it is managed with the right people in this forum.

Happy to be in the right place, this ICO project will not be in doubt anymore, and it will definitely succeed, I have seen many ads about this nexus social and all surprised and interested to contribute in this ICO.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:44:24 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2017, 10:15:43 PM by MoonIsBlue

Hello Social,

I have been reading the whitepaper, looked at the roadmap and saw and watched the introduction video and allot of questions come to mind.

In the whitepaper there's only the mention of the market that is social media and Online purchases. There's no sight of which major company hold market shares. (Amazon,facebook to mention two.) How are you planning to compete with these platforms? Facebook became big because college students and teens used it. Because teens used it, companies started using it and parents because their children are. Basically everything flowed from there. What incentive is there for teens and regular mainstream people to start using Nexus? I honestly think the majority of society doesn't care about their privacy.

If you want to state that as a main reason. I've seen allot of social platforms one's with very similar idea's as Nexus only without blockchain technology and centralisation.
All of those are niche's and quite unsucssesfull.
How are you going to differentiate yourself? Where's the uniqueness of the project?

Things as how many billions of people use social media and purchase online aren't going to cut it. That's very nice and all, it's a fact nothing more. Now how many people are going to use Nexus, Social. How do you plan to get people to use Nexus Social.
Why would I go from facebook to Nexus? Why would I go from Craigslist/ebay to Nexus? Why would I go from twitter to Nexus? etc etc. Twitter,ebay,facebook,amazon are unique and set themselves apart hence why people use so much social media cause they have differentiated themselves from others. I go to Pinit to for recipes, I go to facebook for chatting with friends, catching up, see what's new. I go to instagram for well whatever people do there... I go to twitter to follow my latest investements on Crypto to see what the company is up to.

What I'm really trying to say is: ''There's no plan.'' There's nothing. The Roadmap just shows what updates of software/blockchain and there's 0 mentioning of aquisition.
How you are going to attract members, nothing.

I know it seems like I'm bashing the project really hard, and truthfully I am. I think it will amount to nothing but an app that maybe gets some attention but remains unused on the longterm.

There's no mentioning of users. Seems to me you're forgetting the most important part.

At the same time though you're very right for starting a new social network. People WANT to leave facebook, People want to quit twitter. People don't however because they have all their close tied friends on it. Or they have a friend who moved to another city/country and they catch up on facebook. Facebook has almost become the friend instead of the media to bring them together. So if you're going to do this, do this right. Give people other than privacy, reason to leave those social networks. Privacy is something no one gives a **** about. I care about my privacy, but my 20 friends who are all on facebook (i'm not) don't. They share their drunk pictures shamelessely. It doesn't take very long to realise that there's no privacy on internet and trying to guarrantee it is a fools claim. People will find and go to places where they can be unprivate and uncensored.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I really feel this project is doomed to fail or becomes an extreme niche which isn't worth investing in.

MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:24:54 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2017, 10:16:04 PM by MoonIsBlue

Hello Social,

I have been reading the whitepaper, looked at the roadmap and saw and watched the introduction video and allot of questions come to mind.

In the whitepaper there's only the mention of the market that is social media and Online purchases. There's no sight of which major company hold market shares. (Amazon,facebook to mention two.) How are you planning to compete with these platforms? Facebook became big because college students and teens used it. Because teens used it, companies started using it and parents because their children are. Basically everything flowed from there. What incentive is there for teens and regular mainstream people to start using Nexus? I honestly think the majority of society doesn't care about their privacy.

If you want to state that as a main reason. I've seen allot of social platforms one's with very similar idea's as Nexus only without blockchain technology and centralisation.
How are you going to differentiate yourself? Where's the uniqueness of the project?

Things as how many billions of people use social media and purchase online aren't going to cut it. That's very nice and all, it's a fact nothing more. Now how many people are going to use Nexus, Social. How do you plan to get people to use Nexus Social.
Why would I go from facebook to Nexus? Why would I go from Craigslist/ebay to Nexus? Why would I go from twitter to Nexus? etc etc. Twitter,ebay,facebook,amazon are unique and set themselves apart hence why people use so much social media cause they have differentiated themselves from others. I go to Pinit to for recipes, I go to facebook for chatting with friends, catching up, see what's new. I go to instagram for well whatever people do there... I go to twitter to follow my latest investements on Crypto to see what the company is up to.

What I'm really trying to say is: ''There's no plan.'' There's nothing. The Roadmap just shows what updates of software/blockchain and there's 0 mentioning of aquisition.

I know it seems like I'm bashing the project really hard, and truthfully I am. I think it will amount to nothing but an app that maybe gets some attention but remains unused on the longterm.

There's no mentioning of users. Seems to me you're forgetting the most important part.

At the same time though you're very right for starting a new social network. People WANT to leave facebook, People want to quit twitter. People don't however because they have all their close tied friends on it. Or they have a friend who moved to another city/country and they catch up on facebook. Facebook has almost become the friend instead of the media to bring them together. So if you're going to do this, do this right. Give people other than privacy, reason to leave those social networks. Privacy is something no one gives a **** about. I care about my privacy, but my 20 friends who are all on facebook (i'm not) don't. They share their drunk pictures shamelessely. It doesn't take very long to realise that there's no privacy on internet and trying to guarrantee it is a fools claim. People will find and go to places where they can be unprivate and uncensored.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I really feel this project is doomed to fail or becomes an extreme niche which isn't worth investing in.

If I we're Nexus I'd throw this whole idea overboard cause there's something similar and much more interesting, profitable  and COMPLETELY FRESH AND NEW you can do with a guarrantee of userbase and activity. Nexus, if you are interested I'd like to discuss it with you. If you're up for it ofcourse..

richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:52:52 PM

This is an interesting project, having a social media coin is a good thing and it can be use as an entertainment media.

Really greate since a lot of us spend so much time using social media, im pretty sure people will use this token for good and as i can see the first week of this project ico are looking good and more people will invest here for sure.
oisilener1982

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:46:10 PM

Ꞩ 7,336,332.39 SCL Sold
Ether Ξ 9,045.05
ETH Raised Dollars $ 2,885,190.90

I think 50M SCl coins will be reached before the deadline

zilions (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 01:23:08 AM

Hello Social,

Hello MoonIsBlue,

My name is Jade and I'm the founder and lead developer of this project. Thanks for reaching out with your concerns. More than happy to address any questions regarding our project.

On page 5 of the white paper, we state the growth of both social networking and digital commerce. It shows that the amount of users social networking world wide is expected to grow far beyond 3billion by 2021. We also state that the amount of people purchasing any kind of good or service online will expand to more than 2.1billion in 2021, being a $2trillion dollar industry.

Our platform is very unique, and as you can see from the other posts here from other BitcoinTalk members, they think so too. Just some of the new features include the instant access debit card, Tor and VPN integration, and multi-wallet with ShareShift built in. It also needs to be understood that Nexus will be a social network for the people. Moderator priviledges will give the power back to reputable members of the platform, therefore keeping it safe. These members will be paid in SCL for their services.

Nothing will be developed in the future without the feedback of the community first. We're not just going to make executive decisions on what we "think" the people will want. Instead, we'll turn to the community and hold Q&As for what they want us to integrate next. We will also be open source, and therefore allowing third party developers to submit pull requests on Github for changes that they'd like to see. So really, we're putting the users first - so I think you're incorrect in stating that we haven't thought about them.

We state on both the ICO website and in the white paper that we will be marketing the platform to raise awareness and gain new members after the new version is released. We will be performing both tradition marketing, along with approaching influences in the space.

We have many plans in the near future for aquiring new users. Many of which we are not ready to announce to the public yet as we're still getting it looked over by our lawyers to make sure everything is above board.

Why wouldn't they want to come to Nexus if they can spend almost any cryptographic based token as real world fiat currency?
Why wouldn't they want their data encrypted and stored securely?
Why wouldn't they want crowdfunding and marketplace features built right into the same network they use day by day?
Why wouldn't they want their messages encrypted end-to-end?
Why wouldn't they want all the other benefits of the platform?

The amount of overwhelming postitive feedback we have recieved has been great. People love our platform, and they want to see it succeed as they feel there is a real world use for Nexus, as per the above points. We're not saying that we're going to replace Facebook or Twitter or any other mainstream social network for that matter - we're saying that it can coexist - just like SteemIt is not replacing blogging websites, it can coexist with Medium.

I do understand where you're coming from, but the team and I do believe that our website and white paper shows solid plans and direction for the present and future of our platform.

zilions (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 01:25:19 AM

There are too many features included in the project as for me  Shocked
Each of it looks like a dedicated big project. Google+ comes to mind. Anyway good luck

We're very confident that the tasks stated within the roadmap can be developed within the deadline allocated or earlier. We have the funding to expand the development team, so most features that are planned for 2018 will be started immediately instead.

FrankNoland
Copper Member

Merit: 253

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:19:31 AM

Its great to see that the total amount raised almost reached $4000, its a pleasure to see that the project is doing great so far, $2600 is actually a great sign. Let's take it to $10000 or even more. I believe in nexus social.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
zilions (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 05:48:16 AM

Its great to see that the total amount raised almost reached $4000, its a pleasure to see that the project is doing great so far, $2600 is actually a great sign. Let's take it to $10000 or even more. I believe in nexus social.

Hey FrankNoland,

Sure you're looking at the right site?  Smiley

We've raised more than 9400 ETH, which is approximately $2.9million USD.

marcelocoin

Activity: 1085
Merit: 500

hi =D

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 05:56:38 AM

Hey FrankNoland,

We've raised 9100 ETH, which is approximately $2.8million USD.

According to information that is on the ICO site, we have around 6MI in USD of investment in your project, I believe it is already a big investment, and more than 7MI of tokens, if you sell around 20MI would be a great amount of coins! Or I'm confusing the values ... correct me if I'm wrong!
oisilener1982

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:28:41 AM

Hey FrankNoland,

We've raised 9100 ETH, which is approximately $2.8million USD.

According to information that is on the ICO site, we have around 6MI in USD of investment in your project, I believe it is already a big investment, and more than 7MI of tokens, if you sell around 20MI would be a great amount of coins! Or I'm confusing the values ... correct me if I'm wrong!

6M USD?  9,431.13 ETH = 2,919,311 USD in less than a week of ICO
BurhanPSG

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:40:40 AM

Ꞩ 7,336,332.39 SCL Sold
Ether Ξ 9,045.05

Wow you are very confident that 50 million coins will be achieved  Grin, but you are right to see the progress of this project is very good and 50 million coins will soon be achieved.
We must continue to support this project  Smiley
zhongzy

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:43:11 AM

Ꞩ 7,336,332.39 SCL Sold
Ether Ξ 9,045.05

Wow you are very confident that 50 million coins will be achieved  Grin, but you are right to see the progress of this project is very good and 50 million coins will soon be achieved.
We must continue to support this project  Smiley

I still have enough time to collect eth to invest on this token. ,hopefully i will reached the eth i need before that day.

digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:23:18 AM

When I invested there was only $1.2M raised and I bought with 50% discount just a few hours before it ends, I was looking for some Bitcoins to buy more but now I can see $3M raised and fortunately there is a 40% discount. this is my first ICO after the last one which was a total failure, I usually don't like and trust ICOs but this one I'm going in with confidence because I've seen not just a pretty web page but a real team working on a real project.

🖤😏
oisilener1982

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:49:00 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2017, 01:00:03 PM by oisilener1982

Ꞩ 7,336,332.39 SCL Sold
Ether Ξ 9,045.05

Wow you are very confident that 50 million coins will be achieved  Grin, but you are right to see the progress of this project is very good and 50 million coins will soon be achieved.
We must continue to support this project  Smiley

I would also be happy if the 50M SCL target is not reached. Lower Circulating supply means higher Price that translates to BIGGER profits for investors

I also noticed a project similar to Nexus.Social and it is Karbon.IO

What are the main difference?
zilions (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 01:36:27 PM

Ꞩ 7,336,332.39 SCL Sold
Ether Ξ 9,045.05

Wow you are very confident that 50 million coins will be achieved  Grin, but you are right to see the progress of this project is very good and 50 million coins will soon be achieved.
We must continue to support this project  Smiley

I would also be happy if the 50M SCL target is not reached. Lower Circulating supply means higher Price that translates to BIGGER profits for investors

I also noticed a project similar to Nexus.Social and it is Karbon.IO

What are the main difference?

Karbon is more of a social trading platform for cryptocurrency enthusiasts.

Our platform, Nexus, is more of a feature-rich, secure and private, social network that incorporates it's own native currency, Social (SCL), for purchases within the platform.

johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:53:09 PM

Near to 3 million $ raised already and I am sure it will reach at least 30-35 million by the end of ICO in my speculation. Already invested a little to get the bonus, wanted to be an early investor. Will invest more as I get some, I think it will be one of the successful ventures this season.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: