Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:02:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving money between addreses results in incorrect amount? (Blockchain)  (Read 448 times)
Galahad (OP)

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 12:55:36 PM

Hi. I tried to transfer some BTC from one of my addresses to another on blockchain.info. I completed the custom form on the send money part and set it to 0.05 BTC. But on the review transaction screen it says:

"Please confirm you would like to move 0.9989 BTC between your own bitcoin addresses"

Why do much? Are they charging me lots of fees or something?
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 01:01:01 PM

Hi. I tried to transfer some BTC from one of my addresses to another on blockchain.info. I completed the custom form on the send money part and set it to 0.05 BTC. But on the review transaction screen it says:

"Please confirm you would like to move 0.9989 BTC between your own bitcoin addresses"

Why do much? Are they charging me lots of fees or something?

The 0.9989 BTC will include change. On the review transaction screen if you click show advanced you can see all the inputs and outputs which will be used.

You should see 0.05 BTC going to the intended address and 0.9489 BTC being returned back to you as change.

Galahad (OP)

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 09:24:19 AM

The 0.9989 BTC will include change. On the review transaction screen if you click show advanced you can see all the inputs and outputs which will be used.

You should see 0.05 BTC going to the intended address and 0.9489 BTC being returned back to you as change.

Thanks, I wasn't familiar with the change element of Bitcoin: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Change . I'm not sure I'll ever understand it but all I need to know is that I will receive change in another address. I'm assuming that there are zero fees to move money around unless I choose to pay the miners fee?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: