Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:17:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XtraBytes really becoming the platform to rule all.  (Read 4439 times)
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:32:17 AM

Agree with OP that Xtrabytes is the most undervalued storage project currently. It can pay off
big if the team delivers.
McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:40:23 PM

Funny observation at the moment:

XBY price at Yobit: 537 sat
XBY price at Cryptopia: 698 sat

Thats a nearly 30% higher price at Cryptopia than at Yobit!

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
Yankeeruinx

Activity: 443
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:24:40 PM

Funny observation at the moment:

XBY price at Yobit: 537 sat
XBY price at Cryptopia: 698 sat

Thats a nearly 30% higher price at Cryptopia than at Yobit!

Yobit are being extremely slow at updating the wallet so think people are just playing it safe by getting it from C-Cex or Cryptopia just incase. I know I wouldn't pick any up from Yobit at the moment if I knew I couldn't get it off the exchange incase something happens to the site.
ahoenk

Activity: 1246
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:51:07 PM

thats the BIg IF in my opinion, however time will tell us which altcoin is the best, it is also  not always about technology inside it, when some people create a project they also need the extra marketing strategies, it is not only in crypto world but in all other aspect as well, if xtrabytes can delivery all they promise and do a good marketing campaign it will Boom !!!

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Yankeeruinx

Activity: 443
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:55:11 PM

The marketing campaign will begin in September I believe and they have lots of exciting info to share about the project that they are saving until then.
enkiamo

Activity: 345
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:57:56 PM

XBY is just too exciting to ignore.  It just may end up becoming the go to platform for developers who are looking to build novel modules.
fishfishfish313

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 03:43:58 AM

The downside of not having an ICO or pre-mine is indeed that this Xtrabytes is easy overlooked since there is no funding available for marketing and campaigns.

the downside of this coin is the 100% premine based off a dead ico.

it all sounds like interesting stuff but they really should not have hitched it to something that lay dead on yobit at 1 satoshi forever.

it should've begun with a clean sheet, not sullied itself with that association.

Absolutely.  You are correct.  Things could have been easier if they had gone the route that legions of coins have . . . but they didn't.  If anything, it ALLOWS more people to buy in at a lower price.  Price currently is around 600 sats.  This is MUCH lower than your typical Bitcoin clone, or smart contract platform ICO base rate.  Many of these ICO's do not have a finished product . . and still manage to raise exorbitant amounts of coin. 

Truthfully, it threw me off a bit when I first read about it.  We are USED to participating in ICO's.  This was a different strategy.  One that I've grown to appreciate over time.  It would have been very easy to showcase the POSIGN idea, stir up some fancy infographic or whatever, and raise a boat load of money.  But they didn't.  Maybe it was because they felt scoffed at being scammed . . I don't know.  Frankly, it doesn't matter. 

The price was dead for some time.  It also was in a huge downtrend after the initial buy up in price to get level 1 nodes.  This has given people time to get any funds available to purchase.  I'd also add that the amount of time to accumulate was much longer than a window of a typical token sale.  One could argue, accumulation period is coming to an end . . . but who really knows?  The other thing that struck me, is that investors do not have to deal with Parity, MEW, or the chance that they may not "get in" on the ICO because large holders have clogged up the pipelines with their orders.  Anyone, at anytime, is free to go to the 3 exchanges XBY is on, and grab them some coin for very cheap. 

Because to me it seems the criticism ultimately is concerns about distribution but all I see these days are ICOs which take 100%!!! of the market cap in ETH and BTC and then on top of that only sell that chunk for only a part of the supply sometimes less than half! Then they sell a huge chunk to corporate banking investments under the banner 'Venture Capital'. Then they take a chunk for themselves often under the guise of 'operating fund'. Then of course most of these ICOs aren't event original chains but simply well marketed ETH apps. This has been done by even the biggest names in Crypto including NEO, Waves, Stratis and even ETH.

It is eerie just how accurate this statement is.

I'll one shot you with the Wingman from the top of Skulltown - Apex
Fatoshi (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:08:40 AM

XBY is just too exciting to ignore.  It just may end up becoming the go to platform for developers who are looking to build novel modules.

It will cause any coder can.make something for it and not have to use ETH exclusive code. Plus they will have the benefit IF its a decent app to very quickly be introduced to a ready made market of people already plugged into XBY ecosytem....and get paid for as long as its used. These other eth or even NEO apps dont it seem to me have a long term viable profit or business model once they do their ICO.

People still havent in my opinion really grasped the multiplication factor of XBY. As long as the dev completes which looks almost certain then over time it cant real fail....it will just build and build as users are onboarded via various apps.
BryanK

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:59:22 PM

The marketing campaign will begin in September I believe and they have lots of exciting info to share about the project that they are saving until then.

Yes indeed. There will be lots of excitement being generated and some real content being delivered! Glad to have you on board Smiley
Mezmon

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:51:23 PM

The downside of not having an ICO or pre-mine is indeed that this Xtrabytes is easy overlooked since there is no funding available for marketing and campaigns.

the downside of this coin is the 100% premine based off a dead ico.

it all sounds like interesting stuff but they really should not have hitched it to something that lay dead on yobit at 1 satoshi forever.

it should've begun with a clean sheet, not sullied itself with that association.

I disagree. There is always speculation surrounding new coins. The route they decided to take helps to validate that the work they are trying to do is real. Could they fail? Perhaps but if they succeed then i feel overall the new devs will have solidified their commitment to the project in a way that could not have be achieved otherwise.

enkiamo

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 03:35:13 PM

Another tremendous upside, Borzalom...genius dev with unique ideas, the POSIGN algorithm, secure and scalable.

I can't wait to see what happens with XBY in 1 year, 3 years, 7 years.  I have my popcorn ready...
enkiamo

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:20:46 PM

Right now, I want to see how the TESTNET plays out and what the XBY core can handle.  More testers the better.

Join the Slack to become a tester.

https://xtrabytes.herokuapp.com
Lobo_

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:07:19 PM

I have signed up to the testnet. I encourage anyone who is Intereeted in XBY or crypto to do so! This is such a unique opportunity.
enkiamo

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:23:17 PM

I have signed up to the testnet. I encourage anyone who is Intereeted in XBY or crypto to do so! This is such a unique opportunity.

We are a part of something bigger than ourselves.  It's an honor to be the first few to crash test the platform.
enkiamo

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:20:26 PM

From jhar in the XBY Slack...

"We have so much cool stuff coming. We'll hit rough times again because that's the nature of any business and certainly a start up, but I haven't been this confident and pleased with the project honestly since we started...

Things are only going to go faster from here on out Smiley"
jbjb1234

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:31:55 PM

Also signed up for the new testnet and very excited for the future. Good to see some positive debate going on here with some good questions. One of the reasons I believe IMO they didn't do an ICO was because it was experimental which takes the pressure off the dev team if their vision doesn't work out. If they did an ICO and the project failed then there would be calls for blood. With it being a completely new experimental project then I think they made the right choice.
Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:36:31 PM

September is beginning of the marketing rally right?  Grin

enkiamo

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:54:06 PM

September is beginning of the marketing rally right?  Grin

Yes, I would expect some news followed by an all out marketing campaign.
Sanchoni25

Activity: 96

I accept XBY/XFUEL

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:28:22 PM

XBY will be a huge success because the team is great and the ideas are brilliant! And most important the community is like a family  Smiley I am thankful to be a part of it x3

very_452001

Activity: 1056
Merit: 270

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:31:53 PM

How much you think XBY will be after the september marketing rally or should I sell now?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: