Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:04:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin to go before Australian Senators this week  (Read 1425 times)
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 01:01:26 PM

they are being briefed on the position of crypto currencies,

the main position being that crypto currencies will do to the banks what email did to the post office beyond reasonable doubt,

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 01:05:14 PM

So, if they ban crypto-currencies, they should also ban e-mails.
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 01:06:44 PM

"Crypto Currencies will do the banks what email did to the post office and in a much shorter time frame, though fiat cash will remain for the time as the post office has it will continue to handle an ever shrinking proportion of economic activity"

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 01:44:10 PM

Yeah but post office business has increased delivery of small parcels and packages due to more people buying online.  Once/if it becomes profitable for banks to be involved with bitcoin they will.  You forget that banks are in the business of printing money other finance companies that don't have a printing press like PayPal, Western Union and MoneyGram are all showing interest in bitcoin.

colour

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 01:50:53 PM

Source, please?
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 01:54:04 PM

Yeah but post office business has increased delivery of small parcels and packages due to more people buying online.  Once/if it becomes profitable for banks to be involved with bitcoin they will.  You forget that banks are in the business of printing money other finance companies that don't have a printing press like PayPal, Western Union and MoneyGram are all showing interest in bitcoin.

Post offices have been hit hard you must remember they are government sponsored entities and have been saved from collapse, and the parcel increases you talk about have had the same devastating effect on the local manufacturers and other parcel companies are now in tougher competition with the post offices, so your really just talking about a flow on effect, that offered some mitigation for the post office.

Banks PP WY and MG are all just as vulnerable and will require the same mitigation affect to survive.

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Birdy

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 01:56:09 PM

Post offices have been hit hard you must remember they are government sponsored entities and have been saved from collapse[...]
Same as banks here in Europe then.
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 01:59:13 PM

Source, please?

As the Crypto Currency Central Bank President and Australian Rep, I am briefing them through email, and have been advised they will see it, also added the url of the doco preview,

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Endgame

Activity: 412

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 02:01:51 PM

the main position being that crypto currencies will do to the banks what email did to the post office beyond reasonable doubt,

Interesting if true. Is there a source to back up this statement?
colour

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 02:04:45 PM

Source, please?

As the Crypto Currency Central Bank President and Australian Rep, I am briefing them through email, and have been advised they will see it, also added the url of the doco preview,

Ok, I just googled that and found this thread.

As you can probably easily tell by looking at my avatar, I am not a smart man, so honest question: Is this a joke?

Edit: Also, there is no url in your posts. Also, I think your comments tend to get cut off somehow, because they end with commas.
Birdy

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 02:05:18 PM

I hope you are also briefing them about the advantages.
E-mail certainly did damage the post offices, but it granted way more beneftis than it did damage.
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 02:07:30 PM

Interesting if true. Is their a source to back up this statement?

the bitcoin source code is one example

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 02:08:59 PM

Source, please?

Ok, I just googled that and found this thread.

As you can probably easily tell by looking at my avatar, I am not a smart man, so honest question: Is this a joke?

Edit: Also, there is no url in your posts. Also, I think your comments tend to get cut off somehow, because they end with commas.

its not a joke

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

BitHub

Activity: 253

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 03:48:37 PM

who is behind this and why is it being done?
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 04:18:52 PM

What is a "Crypto Currency Central Bank"? lol

BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:49:34 PM

Interesting if true. Is their a source to back up this statement?

the bitcoin source code is one example

Why... how delightfully evasive.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 05:12:10 PM

It's another self-appointed leader and entrepreneur of Bitcoin that speaks for all of us, don't worry! We're in good hands Smiley
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:41:53 AM

It's another self-appointed leader and entrepreneur of Bitcoin that speaks for all of us, don't worry! We're in good hands Smiley

Yeah, and this guy is a particularly ripe fruit loop from my interactions with him  Cheesy

Unleashing him on australian senators is perfect ... we could have an army of these guys out there sowing mis-information and fallacies surrounding crypto-currencies amongst the state machinery it buys us time and jams up their gears with sand. I see no obligation for anybody to "lobby" or inform the state machinery truthfully, they have spent the last decades keeping us in the dark and feeding us bullshit about just about everything. In fact, we should set up a special PR agency (The Bitcoin Foundation springs to mind) to spew out propaganda and mis-information about crypto-currencies 24/7.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: