Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:34:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in local services  (Read 712 times)
sumangs (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:51:03 AM

Since the rise of car booking applications like uber, the way of transportation has changed and have managed to lessen the time finding taxis.

What if we could apply this concept on local services to lessen the time in finding workers to perform a specific task near you. Using internet and an android/ios application and bitcoin as payment, we could also save time and money for accomplishing specific task in local services (i.e. cleaning, transport, repair, pest control, etc.).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:01:35 AM

Since the rise of car booking applications like uber, the way of transportation has changed and have managed to lessen the time finding taxis.

What if we could apply this concept on local services to lessen the time in finding workers to perform a specific task near you. Using internet and an android/ios application and bitcoin as payment, we could also save time and money for accomplishing specific task in local services (i.e. cleaning, transport, repair, pest control, etc.).

In case you didn't notice but right above your thread there is a thread that says Uber accepts Bitcoins not in all countries but it's started accepting it. For other services it's difficult to implement cause who's going to bare the fees and sometimes Bitcoins are time consuming. Even if somehow the seller accepts all this, what about valuation what if you pay and prices drop again who compensates him and how much it's very tricky. To actually get a clear idea of how to implement it.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:10:43 AM

There are many services which are already doing that. Every month many ICOs come which aim of changing the traditional marketplace. Various ICOs work over that concept only. New projects include almost every sphere such as online marketplace, banks, credit cards, social platforms, reader platform, online gaming and gambling, storage etc. These ICOs are not all about tokens but much more than that.
sumangs (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:30:27 AM

In case you didn't notice but right above your thread there is a thread that says Uber accepts Bitcoins not in all countries but it's started accepting it. For other services it's difficult to implement cause who's going to bare the fees and sometimes Bitcoins are time consuming. Even if somehow the seller accepts all this, what about valuation what if you pay and prices drop again who compensates him and how much it's very tricky. To actually get a clear idea of how to implement it.

We could consider converting bitcoin to tokens of an ICO that provide local services to prevent the rise and fall of bitcoin price.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:31:42 AM

This is good news for everyone, if we are going to use bitcoin in local services, everybody will have bitcoin of their own, and can save them so in time the value can grow and they can have a fortune in time, there are already stores in europe that is using bitcoin as payment, even for their own coffee, even in China, Japan and South Korea it is common to see them use bitcoin in their daily transactions, it much faster and safer since cases of robbery will surely decrease, robbers may steal your phone but will have a hard time accessing your account since they need a password and key to open it, just make sure it is secured or encrypted.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:20:31 AM

We could consider converting bitcoin to tokens of an ICO that provide local services to prevent the rise and fall of bitcoin price.

now I know what this is. an advertisement for a new ICO Cheesy
no my friend that is a pointless thing to do. you can not just come up with some abstract idea of a real world application and make an ICO out of it just to make money. that won't work.

Only Bitcoin
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:25:06 AM

Bitcoin is very convenient if it will be use in local services. I think it can help the economy growth because the local shops will be livelier and will gain more customers. Aside from that, it can also attract tourists. Some foreigners preferred using Bitcoin as their mode of payment when travelling around the world.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:43:44 AM

Bitcoin is very convenient if it will be use in local services. I think it can help the economy growth because the local shops will be livelier and will gain more customers. Aside from that, it can also attract tourists. Some foreigners preferred using Bitcoin as their mode of payment when travelling around the world.

I agreed with you. If local shops accept Bitcoin, Travellers do not need to worry about exchanging currency of the country they are travelling in. Especially when money changers take a big spread.

BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:34:35 AM

I live in relatively small community whee majority of people still don't know much or even anything about bitcoins. Using bitcoin for local services would have many advantages and it would make them cheaper and in many cases more convenient but at the moment this is not possible. Maybe in some more developed countries or in Japan and China where is probably quite normal already to use bitcoins for such services.

malaj
sumangs (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:55:47 PM

no my friend that is a pointless thing to do. you can not just come up with some abstract idea of a real world application and make an ICO out of it just to make money. that won't work.

Yes, this project is good for me also promising and I hope that this will be a successful one.
Funeral Wreaths

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:59:41 PM

i think your idea OP is also good, but considering the fact that not all of the people knew so much about bitcoin and how this it work, maybe the ending would be we will be lecturing the people about what is bitcoin amd how does it function and what else can be done for that.
Hazaki

Activity: 406
Merit: 156

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:02:25 PM

Too much fees is the main reason of not making it the 1st payment method , transactions take a lot of time too
sumangs (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:08:26 PM

Too much fees is the main reason of not making it the 1st payment method , transactions take a lot of time too

We could convert bitcoin to a certain token that is run by a certain ICO whose concern is local services to lessen the time of transaction and fees. I just used bitcoin to know if it is more reliable but it is not.
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:13:22 PM

I strongly agree that bitcoin as a legitimate payment instrument in my country, because it can simplify any deal-related business, such as ordering goods, electricity payment, online ticket booking.

I think you are from Japan. Countries like mine does not accepted bitcoin as a legal money. Recently US government banned many online sites involves with bitcoin. These kind of moves are positive for trollers. Everyday bitcoin related has been initialized in Google search, we need more adoption to see the price more.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:40:24 PM

I strongly agree that bitcoin as a legitimate payment instrument in my country, because it can simplify any deal-related business, such as ordering goods, electricity payment, online ticket booking.

It would be awesome if this were to be implement because it would provide so much convenience for people. If Bitcoin were to be accepted as a payment system by the local services of a country, this will give the consumers more options and ease of transaction. This would definitely help the economic and business sector of a country, so its a win-win situation.

Yes, I've heard of some bitcoin users who are looking for countries that accept bitcoin. Probably for the reason that this would save them the trouble of having to exchange their fiat money into the local currency. Unfortunately, not many countries do so the tourists have only limited options.
uztre29

Activity: 275
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:40:24 PM

I agree on this concept. It can get rid of a large number of middleman. The reduction of middleman may result to a reduction in the cost of finding customers. Not only the time and money will be save but also the effort. We will just rely on that application.
uztre29

Activity: 275
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:02:10 PM

This application helps to lessen the time you will consume and also your effort. I still think this is a good idea because I am a guy who wants to live easily and doesn't want to exert so much money.
richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:46:59 PM

I agreed with you. If local shops accept Bitcoin, Travellers do not need to worry about exchanging currency of the country they are travelling in. Especially when money changers take a big spread.

This is what we all want. Bitcoins in local services so that we can truly benefit ourselves from digital "currency"! I like the idea of "Oneness of currency". It will save us from all tedious doings we have to do in order to purchase daily life stuff. I am not worried about traveler because staying within my own country, I am a traveler. If you get me! :p
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:17:11 PM

Bitcoin in local services its having lots of complexity as if now like the transaction fees and confirmation time its about transacting money from customer to vendor again one more complexity is price volatile how do you decide the service charge if high decrease or increase in bitcoin price.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:03:26 PM

I think that in every major city there is a plenty of forums that will help you to find any kind of worker. So what is the advantage of bitcoin here? Not every worker know how to use and it is less liquid than fiat. The only possible advantage is that before doing a job a worker could see escrowed funds but it either have it's own difficulties.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: