Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:17:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that in future someone will make real BTC coin ?  (Read 927 times)
Ganymede (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:22:44 AM

Hi guys and girls,
Did anybody thought about making real life BTC?  Smiley

Be careful! Don't lose your Bitcoins in November 2017 forks!!!
See a very serious warning here: https://bitcoin.org (https://bitcoin.org/en/alert/2017-10-09-segwit2x-safety)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 06:25:03 AM

Oh man, there are several "real", i.e., physical bitcoins that have holograms that contain shortened private keys and are loaded with real bitcoin.

The first to produce such a thing is a guy named Mike Caldwell, he produced Casascius coins. Check them out here.

Member here, Elias, created a book that reviews all the physical crypto-coins. You can find it at his site https://coinfirm.org/. There's a free download available on Casascius coins.

Finally, there's a board on this forum where people trade these coins. It's the Collectibles board within Goods. These physical coins are super collectible. Some come loaded with bitcoin (or doge or litecoin) and some come with do it yourself holograms to load them on your own.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:25:44 AM

Hi guys and girls,

Real life btc? Like cash, fiat? Actually there are bitcoins which are in paper wallets and stored there. Also there are silver coins that contains bitcoin inside it, you can have a look at the collectibles section. There's a lot of coins out there that are "real life" bitcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Ganymede (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:26:03 AM

Oh man, there are several "real", i.e., physical bitcoins that have holograms that contain shortened private keys and are loaded with real bitcoin.

The first to produce such a thing is a guy named Mike Caldwell, he produced Casascius coins. Check them out here.

Can you buy anything with it (sorry about it i was thinking about making it world wide currency not a toy) . Smiley

See a very serious warning here: https://bitcoin.org (https://bitcoin.org/en/alert/2017-10-09-segwit2x-safety)
Ganymede (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:28:44 AM

Hi guys and girls,
Did anybody thought about making real life BTC?  Smiley

Real life btc? Like cash, fiat? Actually there are bitcoins which are in paper wallets and stored there. Also there are silver coins that contains bitcoin inside it, you can have a look at the collectibles section. There's a lot of coins out there that are "real life" bitcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0
Yes i was thinking something like that (making it world wide currency since it is so popular, farm it on internet and cash it out in banks something like that) . My idea was that BTC would be main value and crypto currencies would be like change to it or should i say world wide currency that can be used on whole planet.

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 06:31:50 AM

Can you buy anything with it (sorry about it i was thinking about making it world wide currency not a toy) . Smiley

These are as spendable as Bitcoin...but you can't break down the denomination. A 1 BTC Casascius coin is actually worth more than 1 BTC because it has numismatic (collectors) value attached to it (and now has Bitcoin Cash that could be redeemed from it).

People don't tend to spend them because the idea of Bitcoin in the fiat representation is considered very collectible.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:04:47 AM

Hi guys and girls. Did anybody thought about making real life BTC?  Smiley

I think we already have them and there are those who are selling physical Bitcoin coin BUT these are just mementos or just a symbolism of Bitcoin and not really the real thing. It can be a backward thing if we go back to the fiat money, anyway. So the idea is just to have something to see what Bitcoin can be if it is made into a real coin. Whether the coin can be minted in gold, silver and diamond the market may not be attractive into this idea in the first place.
SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:37:06 AM

Hi guys and girls. Did anybody thought about making real life BTC?  Smiley

I think we already have them and there are those who are selling physical Bitcoin coin BUT these are just mementos or just a symbolism of Bitcoin and not really the real thing. It can be a backward thing if we go back to the fiat money, anyway. So the idea is just to have something to see what Bitcoin can be if it is made into a real coin. Whether the coin can be minted in gold, silver and diamond the market may not be attractive into this idea in the first place.

Exactly, right said. I agree with you. But, real or physical Bitcoin will not popular like virtual Bitcoin. And some day Paper money or Physical money will not use so much. Virtual currency will be placed on physical currency.
Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:44:58 AM

Member here, Elias, created a book that reviews all the physical crypto-coins. You can find it at his site https://coinfirm.org/. There's a free download available on Casascius coins.

Finally, there's a board on this forum where people trade these coins. It's the Collectibles board within Goods. These physical coins are super collectible. Some come loaded with bitcoin (or doge or litecoin) and some come with do it yourself holograms to load them on your own.

Every person in my life necessarily loses a few times cash. Imagine what would happen to a man if he loses a coin with a code to 100 BTC? I have no such coins are not needed. Virtual bitcoin is harder to steal or lose.
MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:01:33 AM

Hi guys and girls,
Did anybody thought about making real life BTC?  Smiley

Yes i was thinking something like that (making it world wide currency since it is so popular, farm it on internet and cash it out in banks something like that) . My idea was that BTC would be main value and crypto currencies would be like change to it or should i say world wide currency that can be used on whole planet.
if this is happening or ever happened in future. i don't think it will be beneficial to the bitcoin in any sense. its beauty is its not physical appearance. if it appears as a fiat money than i think it will lose its importance and 1 coin or paper money of such worth is not be able to exchange or will be dificult by the users to handle. i don't think it is a good idea.
musbeto

Activity: 75
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:04:54 AM

inevitable a few times thought about it, but it's too far away in my country. Even floppy disk payments are unknown.
Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:12:41 AM

Hi guys and girls,
Maybe , because right now bitcoin has a figure or people have the idea of how it looks like if it was made as a real coin. Its not that possible to happen this time but maybe not now. Maybe sooner or later if bitcoin will make more better.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:21:01 AM

Hi guys and girls,

I think you need to watch the bitcoin documentary films. On that film you can see someone who create the physical of the bitcoin at once to make a charachter for bitcoin that we've seen until right now. the title is " The Rise and Rise of bitcoin.
Gens09

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:26:31 AM

I don't think there will be a real BTC coin. That's is unnecessary. BTC is for having a virtual currency so why create a real BTC? Having a real BTC could bring chaos because these could easily be stolen.
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:35:36 AM

Yup, It could be possible but i think value is a greater than any other currency that we have. We will never know and I know that if there would be a real bitcoin only the elites can have it.
daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:51:29 AM

Hi guys and girls,

hello Ganymede,

I do not think it's possible to make real bitcoin. It means making btc in physical form, and if it happens, then what's the difference btc with real money now in circulation.

Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:59:15 PM

It would make no sense, the BTC would lose all possible. It would be the same as paper money.
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:05:40 PM

Cash bitcoins contradict the concept of crypto currencies. It seems to me that those who want to see the cash bitcoin does not understand what bitcoin is. Even if you make coins out of gold they can't be relevant because bitcoin is outpacing the rate of growth of gold and we will see on the market a lot of fakes.
TeamButtcoin

Activity: 466
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:09:08 PM

I don't think so , if this is the case, it should change the entire money market , and it would be very difficult especially because some banks are against Bitcoin and i think that virtual coins should remain virtual , it' a lot easier like that.

███▄▄  ▄▄███
██▄▄   ▀▀████▀▀   ▄▄██
 ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀
█▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄███▀▀
█████▄▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄▄
██  ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀
██      ▀▀██▀▀     ▄▄▄
██   ▄▄        ▄▄███▀▀
██   ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
██▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄▄▄
▀▀███▄▄        ▄▄███▀▀
    ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
        ▀▀██▀▀
graIn..
The Backbone of
Modern Work Agreements.
███████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████ ██████████████████
████ ██
████ ██
████ ██
████ ██
████
████
████
████

█████████████   █████

.Whitepaper.
█████   █████████████

████
████
████
████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██████████████████ ████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████

Vanester2014

Activity: 236

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:58:48 PM

I think if theres a real bitcoins theres no any deferent in fiat money that control by the goverment and i think if this is happen its hard to track every transaction just like the bitcoins today

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: