Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:27:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EU companies buying/selling Cryptocurrency  (Read 247 times)
DThree (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:35:07 AM

Hey!

Maybe someone had similar necessity.
I am trying to figure out the most legitimate way on buying crypto from my company acc and upon necessity selling it and transferring the funds back.
I understand that this forex exchanges, there is a legal steps which can allow trading currencies. Since crypto is more of an digital "goods" than investment, is there a way around it, so company can use its funds to purchase it?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:42:48 AM

I suggest you check Poloniex. I remember seeing verification for company account under "account" section. But before this, did you check your country business law for digital currencies?
diagla

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:45:29 AM

Hey!

I am trying to figure out the most legitimate way on buying crypto from my company acc and upon necessity selling it and transferring the funds back.
I understand that this forex exchanges, there is a legal steps which can allow trading currencies. Since crypto is more of an digital "goods" than investment, is there a way around it, so company can use its funds to purchase it?

Thanks!

I'm not a legal expert by any means, but crypto in its current state is largely unregulated. That means most governing bodies, depending on what country you're in, will likely have little or no rules. As long as you pay taxes on capital gains, I'm sure you can get verified on an exchange and start trading without much trouble from the government.
DThree (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:41:26 PM

Thank you for the replies. I will check Poloniex.
Once I will find a working mechanism with accountant, update will follow.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1498

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:22:13 PM

Hey!

Thanks!

That entirely depends on your local laws and regulations. I suggest you to hire a lawyar who is specialized in international trade and take advice from him. I doubt this community will be able to guide your properly.

Even if some exchanges will allow you to open an account in your company's name, but the funds transfer will depends on your local laws. No one other than an experienced lawyar can help you with the right direction in this matter. Instead of beating around the bush, hire a lawyar.

amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:46:20 PM

Hey!

Thanks!

I'm not a legal expert by any means, but crypto in its current state is largely unregulated. That means most governing bodies, depending on what country you're in, will likely have little or no rules. As long as you pay taxes on capital gains, I'm sure you can get verified on an exchange and start trading without much trouble from the government.
This covers it. Being mostly unregulated the only obligation comes when you have any kind of financial gain in fiat. You pay your taxes and you will probably be fine.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████