Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:10:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep track of your wins/losses ?  (Read 2052 times)
DavZor (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:41:46 AM

I personally use a spreadsheet but I'm sure there are better way to do it.

Do you know any good websites/apps to do it?
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:26:54 AM

While trading? I don't really use anything personally. I start with a specific amount and I end up with a different amount, If its bigger then I actually did good otherwise I didn't and in addition to that, I just watch the price when It rise because the point from trading is to simply buy low and sell high, now If you are talking about gambling that I see no use for a spreadsheet as the sites actually have logs and they should be visible in your profile regardless of the site you are site.
MiXxe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:36:21 AM

I think you not needed a spreadsheet or anything else because in trading yes we make profit and losses but it is more on winning or profit if you use to trade well or lets we say that you have a good skills in trading we doesn't need it anymore it will just ruin your trade by being greedy if you lose more than profit in some circumstances.

btc_angela

Activity: 2618
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:24:34 AM

I think you not needed a spreadsheet or anything else because in trading yes we make profit and losses but it is more on winning or profit if you use to trade well or lets we say that you have a good skills in trading we doesn't need it anymore it will just ruin your trade by being greedy if you lose more than profit in some circumstances.

I haven't think about it by yes for starters a spreadsheet would be a good thing to used for tracking your win/loss record. However, right now I haven't used any because I don't take profit but instead try to roll my money on investing or just simple don't trade if I don't feel like to. But its a good thing that you brought this idea. I don't know if there is a software out there that can you get to automatically jot this information for you. If there is one, it would be a great tool for us traders.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
muncuss

Activity: 667
Merit: 101

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:26:43 PM

I also use spreadsheet and it helped me a lot. I can evaluate my trading activity and know what good coins to trade.
About other tools, i don't know yet

NikS13

Activity: 383

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:29:45 PM

I HIGHLY recommend https://altpocket.io
It is such a great website, with good looking layout and all the information you want from your coin(s)
ricardo-dean

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:31:47 PM

Faster write down on a sheet of paper. Then it's easier to browse. I write down the results of each day in the Excel.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:48:43 PM

There's an app to calculate your wins/loss, I've installed this app, called 'coin portfolio'.
You can check the thread here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2060538.0
But, current Os that supported is Android and iOS version will be created as well.
Well, it's better than just write it on spreadsheet as there are several coins listed in the app.
MiXxe

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:14:52 PM

I haven't think about it by yes for starters a spreadsheet would be a good thing to used for tracking your win/loss record. However, right now I haven't used any because I don't take profit but instead try to roll my money on investing or just simple don't trade if I don't feel like to. But its a good thing that you brought this idea. I don't know if there is a software out there that can you get to automatically jot this information for you. If there is one, it would be a great tool for us traders.
Its good but as long as you enjoying trade you will won't recognize it and all you wanted is to trade. Honestly i don't use any to record i knkw what amounts i lost not all but i can compute the nearest amount and i just based on my buying and selling history per coins. actually for all exchange i registered i have more than 100 coins so how is it and it will be a time consuming if i will record it all.p

rodskee

Activity: 2380
Merit: 197

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:22:49 PM

While trading? I don't really use anything personally. I start with a specific amount and I end up with a different amount, If its bigger then I actually did good otherwise I didn't and in addition to that, I just watch the price when It rise because the point from trading is to simply buy low and sell high, now If you are talking about gambling that I see no use for a spreadsheet as the sites actually have logs and they should be visible in your profile regardless of the site you are site.
yes i agree talking about trading is the great investment but you need to be carefull for your decision to prevent losses in trading, need to be an active monitoring of your investment for the movement of the value and the timing for the hi low buy and sell.

ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 01:50:25 PM

No way, I'm not that organised guy who will keep the track of everything all the the time. I usually write down stuff in my diary whenever I remember a trade which I have done earlier. :-) It works for me because I'm used to it now and don't have time to prepare an excel really. Anyway I don't know any website or app which looks after our trading progress. To be honest you can just check two to three times how your trades are doing, in the process you will also find how other coins are doing. This is just my way, I know very lazy one. :-)

janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:54:44 PM

I never use any of tools or spreadsheet to track my trading result. The most important for me is, i sell the coin higher than when i have bought it. I am a long-term holder, that's why i don't need any to keep the track.
bulala

Activity: 574
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:10:05 PM

i just buy and sale....anytime i feel the need to check my balances then i just visit my history and do the
 analyses
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:27:06 PM

since i did trading until now it does not cross in my mind that to use tools to keep track my win or my losses in trading and for me in trading i have simple mind that as long as my capital amount of money still not less which mean i didn't suffered huge losses
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:42:00 PM

Most exchanges will allow you to view your trade history so you only have to check to review your previous trades, profits and losses. There are also helpful apps that you can download but i prefer just checking history.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:24:30 PM

There is many crypto portfolio tracking services and apps you can use them. I am using blockfolio mobile app to track all my investment, they provide best overview and have really easy to use user interface try them https://www.blockfolio.com/
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:40:05 PM

This is the best apps today so you can see the hours of peak times and the Altcoins here you can track all your coins. You'll also find it here that you've grown or lost every altcoins you've purchased just look for BlockFolio apps. This is what I'm using today so beautiful and super easy to use.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 06:00:46 PM

If you are talking about keeping trade records then I am using Cryptocompare's portfolio option. Currently, they have some good features including tracking Bitcoin and even altcoin investments. Even though they are going to charge for some of their features in next non-beta versions, they will keep the basic tracking for free. There is no Android app for their service but I am using their website on the mobile browser without any layout issues.
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:02:37 PM

since i did trading until now it does not cross in my mind that to use tools to keep track my win or my losses in trading and for me in trading i have simple mind that as long as my capital amount of money still not less which mean i didn't suffered huge losses

This is also one of the way just to see that 1000$ you invested in business and at the end of day or month if you have more than 1000$ its profit or else you have incurred loss. But sometimes keeping it in excel or an app is also good so that you know the buy price and if the market has move and its some 50% say for example moved then you would like to sell it and not hold further because what you had thought its being achieved rather than become more greedy to hold and than the crash may happen.

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2979

:( My PC broke due trying to recover an old wallet

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 06:34:05 PM

As of now never heard any apps that can monitor or track all of your wins or loses in trading.. i just collecting all history in exchange site and put it in my microsoft and save and calculate if i have free time and i think what you are doing is fine that you are just all recorded it in spreadsheet..
Its fine i think. And i think you can hire someone to make a tools or apps to calculate all of your loses or win from upwork but it can be expensive or try to hire in a cheap way to make an apps for you.. so that you can be easily calculate all loses and wins. .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████