Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:49:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: blockchain fee  (Read 452 times)
louis144 (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:11:38 AM

the bitcoin fee you have to pay depends of the number of bytes of the transaction ( and seems to be independent of the amount of the transaction) but when you perform a sending transaction in blockchain the number of bytes is not displayed so you don't know the number of bytes.So you don't know how much fee you have to pay.
louis144 (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:21:18 AM

instead of blockchain i mean blockchain.info
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:25:06 AM

the bitcoin fee you have to pay depends of the number of bytes of the transaction ( and seems to be independent of the amount of the transaction) but when you perform a sending transaction in blockchain the number of bytes is not displayed so you don't know the number of bytes.So you don't know how much fee you have to pay.

Pretty sure that blockchain.info gives you info about the amount of transaction fees you have to pay before you send the transaction, and there is even a custom send option in which you can choose your own fee level. Does it not?

And yes, fees do depend on the amount of bytes of your transaction. It's got nothing to do with the value of btc you are sending whatsoever.

If for whatever reason blockchain.info fails to give you an estimate(extremely weird, contact their support), you can estimate the transaction size yourself: amountofinputs*180 + amountofoutputs*34 + 10.
louis144 (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:59:25 AM

the estimation of blockchain.info is not good.
I did a sending transaction from blockchain.info of 0,12btc and the default fee was 0,000013btc:to small:it took 6 days before confirmed.
I sended a mail to blockchain.info support with that message but they didn't respond.
Thanks for your information to calculate the number of bytes.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:59:27 AM

the bitcoin fee you have to pay depends of the number of bytes of the transaction ( and seems to be independent of the amount of the transaction)
Yes that's right that the transaction fee will depend on the number of bytes on your transaction

but when you perform a sending transaction in blockchain the number of bytes is not displayed so you don't know the number of bytes.So you don't know how much fee you have to pay.
Well that's one of the disadvantages of using blockchain.info wallet and in the end, it might be your fee is too low for the size of the transaction and sometimes it's too huge that's more than the size of the transaction. That's why I'm always recommending using Mycelium wallet because (i) you can see the size of your transaction in terms of bytes, (ii) you can see the size of your transaction fee (per byte) and the estimated time when it will confirm, (iii) you can see the overall transaction fee in terms of (mBTC). The only thing is you can you can't enter your transaction manually, you only have to choose its dynamics fees from priority, normal, economic and low prio but it's still okay for me tho.

Here's some screenshot shot from my mycelium.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 02:16:27 AM

I did a sending transaction from blockchain.info of 0,12btc and the default fee was 0,000013btc:to small:it took 6 days before confirmed.
I sended a mail to blockchain.info support with that message but they didn't respond.

Correct usually their default fees are quite less and I usually change that fee to a decent amount to make your transaction confirmation fast. I never send with their default fee and it is good to know that if I use their suggestion it takes such a long time to confirm.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2842
Merit: 654

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:25:57 PM

Correct usually their default fees are quite less and I usually change that fee to a decent amount to make your transaction confirmation fast. I never send with their default fee and it is good to know that if I use their suggestion it takes such a long time to confirm.
This is what i observed too when i do make use of their average or default fee option on sending bitcoins in other wallet because when i do make use of it my transactions are way too slower and this is why im already awared on this thing and this is why i do go on using electrum instead since it do give automatically amount of fees depending on your transacted amount which is great.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 10:11:39 AM

Click on "customize fee", click how much satoshi/byte you want to pay, and it blockchain.info will calculate how much fee you will pay.
So everything is displayed, i am not sure how did you miss it.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:31:23 PM

Click on "customize fee", click how much satoshi/byte you want to pay, and it blockchain.info will calculate how much fee you will pay.
So everything is displayed, i am not sure how did you miss it.
The one that OP's talking is the number of the size of the transaction per byte, and it's really obvious that blockchain wallet have the feature to make a transaction fee which base on its size per byte and will calculate if how much the fee you will pay, but the thing is you can't see the size of your transaction (sat per byte) but the transaction fees only.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:00:43 PM

Yes you can't see that but recently blockchain.info have introduced custom fee feature where you can set fee per byte or you can use priority fee they will set to make sure you will get confirmation within next few blocks.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:17:00 PM

I suggest if you really want for more control if your bitcoin better to use other wallet try electrum instead that you can manually put custom fee just to increase the transaction speed or you can use this site bitcoinfees.21.co
And check if what is the default fee so that you don't experience of delay transaction. I am always using the default fee from bitcoin fees  where my transaction confirm in minutes. I stop using web wallet because of the transaction delay confirm..

Also don't forget to use pool.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/
So that you can speedup your transaction it can help to confirm your transaction if you have stuck or still pending transaction..
boyptc

Activity: 3010
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:48:29 AM

I suggest if you really want for more control if your bitcoin better to use other wallet try electrum instead that you can manually put custom fee just to increase the transaction speed

The fee on electrum is higher than blockchain.info's recommended sat's per byte. I've been with it and I never experienced before to pay too much and pay $17 just for a single transaction. And in blockchain.info I usually pay $1-$2 per transaction so that was a crazy fee with electrum.

Also don't forget to use pool.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/

This is hard to timing just to re-broadcast your transaction as it's crowded all the time.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:31:01 PM

blockchain.info wallet fee isn't that high as of now, it's was much higher before august. You can open up advanced settings when setting up fee and it will open up a bonus menu where you can setup your fee more precisely. There's nothing more to it than that.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:08:06 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2017, 05:21:46 AM by krishnapramod

Unlike some wallets Blockchain doesn't have a fixed default fee. You can select regular or priority transaction fee or you can set a custom fee per bytes. Select customize fee and enter sat/b, it is displayed.

https://bitcoinfees.21.co
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: