Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:30:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Interested in buying some new alt-coins  (Read 839 times)
eagleEye (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:26:43 PM

Hi, I want to buy some last alt-coins. Which ones are more valuable?

Thanx
sixteendigits

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:29:49 PM

Well technically bitbars are the most valuable alt but I wouldn't advise buying them or mining them.  I came here to buy WDC but am stuck in newbie hell for the next 4 hours.  1 post down!
eagleEye (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:31:08 PM

How much is WDC?
sixteendigits

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:33:49 PM

Going rate seems to be 3-3.5ltc/100 wdc at the moment.  Go to the alternative forum, loads of trading going on.
btcmank

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:35:33 PM

yeah i dp trades on the alt category so i sent you both a pm.. Ho[e we can work something out
eagleEye (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:41:55 PM

Hi ,for now just looking some profitable coins Cheesy.

Some list are:

- WorldCoin,
- NibbleCpion,
- Bitbar,
- BitGem,
- GoldCoin,

Which ones are preferred?
abuelau

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:43:15 PM

I own some YACoins, they have been trading steady at 0.005 BTC...

Know what's happening in cryptoworld: www.coinschedule.com
eagleEye (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:46:07 PM

YACoin is old coin ... . I am interested in emergent coins, as listed. Wink
eagleEye (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:11:30 PM

What about bitbar?
mika1977

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:02:52 PM

WDC at the 3-3.5 LTC
EmBison

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:17:00 PM

Honestly, if you're looking for an assured increase in value you may want to consider not travelling far from Bitcoin. Litecoin at most. I'm not trying to rag on alt-coins, they're viable and important to the crypto-Forex future, but for alt-coins to gain in value they need to be perceived as valuable, and that perception is limited to non-existent if the coin never leaves the speculation stage.

The reason Bitcoin took off is because businesses adopted the coin as a viable transaction currency, but the same can't be said for other coins yet. So right now people are investing in them in the hope they'll magically double in value based on hype, and they can dump their stock for a quick profit. But there's no reason for them to double in value if the promoters don't get the Silk Roads and Bitmits of the world to accept the currency, so I'd be weary.

As more alt-coins come out, and crypto-Forex becomes mainstream, we're going to see a lot of pump & dump new coins. I'm not suggesting any of the current alt-coins are at risk of this, like I said I support other coins, I'd just be cautious if there isn't structured, visible, dedicated intent of its supporters to get their coins accepted by businesses. If a community that backs a coin only hordes it and talks shit about other coins in hopes to raise hype about their's, it's a pump & dump risk.

That said, through the crypto-Forex connection, all alt-coins will get a value lift as cryptocurrencies in general become more supported. So as Bitcoin does better, so will Litecoin organically, and down the chain.

But at $0.005 per coin in some cases, what's a $10 investment right? Even if it doubles and the initial investors dump the stock and leave you with your dick in your hand, who cares.
kevcoin

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:26:42 PM

Supercoin, fair and balanced with lotto bonus. Also isn't monopolized or too difficult to mine right now.

eagleEye (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:29:12 PM

Honestly, if you're looking for an assured increase in value you may want to consider not travelling far from Bitcoin. Litecoin at most. I'm not trying to rag on alt-coins, they're viable and important to the crypto-Forex future, but for alt-coins to gain in value they need to be perceived as valuable, and that perception is limited to non-existent if the coin never leaves the speculation stage.

The reason Bitcoin took off is because businesses adopted the coin as a viable transaction currency, but the same can't be said for other coins yet. So right now people are investing in them in the hope they'll magically double in value based on hype, and they can dump their stock for a quick profit. But there's no reason for them to double in value if the promoters don't get the Silk Roads and Bitmits of the world to accept the currency, so I'd be weary.

As more alt-coins come out, and crypto-Forex becomes mainstream, we're going to see a lot of pump & dump new coins. I'm not suggesting any of the current alt-coins are at risk of this, like I said I support other coins, I'd just be cautious if there isn't structured, visible, dedicated intent of its supporters to get their coins accepted by businesses. If a community that backs a coin only hordes it and talks shit about other coins in hopes to raise hype about their's, it's a pump & dump risk.

That said, through the crypto-Forex connection, all alt-coins will get a value lift as cryptocurrencies in general become more supported. So as Bitcoin does better, so will Litecoin organically, and down the chain.

But at $0.005 per coin in some cases, what's a $10 investment right? Even if it doubles and the initial investors dump the stock and leave you with your dick in your hand, who cares.

Do you see some of latest coins in a future FOREX-coin?
eagleEye (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:29:53 PM

WDC at the 3-3.5 LTC

1K WDC 3 LTC , is it?
EmBison

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:36:41 PM

Do you see some of latest coins in a future FOREX-coin?

You may need to rephrase this question; I'm not sure I understand.
ccc

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:43:57 PM

WorldCoin seems to be the hot coin of the week, but who knows how long that will last. Stick with Bitcoin and Litecoin if you're investing.
eagleEye (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:48:35 PM

WorldCoin seems to be the hot coin of the week, but who knows how long that will last. Stick with Bitcoin and Litecoin if you're investing.

Which is the difference with another coins?
bitclock

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:55:29 PM

Hard to tell, it's all pretty speculative. Like ccc said, stick to the main coins (BTC, LTC) for investing, but throw a few bucks at a new coin if you want to try trading. See who has serious developers (good website, merchants accepting it, etc)and who is putting effort into ensuring the longevity of their coin. Some coins will make it to the exchanges and go up, but many won't and will be worthless.

Or just pump and dump, lol!

Let's color the MOON: Y9SZ5rdJ4xNUyLrn2ThCo8myPCkgLb2KVu
EmBison

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 07:07:44 PM

Which is the difference with another coins?

Presently, and from an investor standpoint or a consumer standpoint? Nothing. Every alt-coin that isn't accepted by businesses as legal tender is exactly the same. Their market movement is based on the hype of their promoters. Some hype is just louder than other's.

The only thing that makes a coin valuable is it having a function. Silk Road, Bitmit, etc. So until a coin gets picked up by a business or two, I wouldn't throw more than the cost of a lunch at it.

Really the soundest investment advice I can give is: study the alt-coin's community you're thinking of investing in. Read all their posts, all their ramblings. Are they actively trying to get their coin accepted by businesses? Are they sending emails to businesses, and are they getting positive responses from them? Are they making ground on that front? Or are they just chanting the usual lines: it's 'really taking off!' or 'it's more secure/faster/reliable/abundant than Bitcoin' or 'it's so easy to mine' or 'Gox is thinking of taking up our coin'. These are pump & dump chants, they're not constructive support for a coin to have long-term value, and you'll see little to no real return on your investment.

Even Litecoin is seen as the forerunner alt-coin, and even that community could use a kick in the ass to get their coin accepted by businesses. All the majority of them seem focused on is when Gox is picking it up and mining, which is a sketchy earmarking. I like Litecoin, though, and I hope they take off.
eagleEye (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 07:32:01 PM

Nice advice Wink
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: