Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:41:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Fees from exchange platforms  (Read 271 times)
Tandros (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:51:18 PM

Hi there,

I am new here and started my first aquisition of Bitcoin in august this year.
I use Electrum as a hot wallet and would like to know the followings:

-   How big is the fee I have to pay to transfer Bitcoin from Exchange to my Electrum Wallet? Is it bigger then the fee I have to pay when I want to transfer Bitcoin from my Wallet to another Wallet of a bitcoin buyer? In other words: the exchange platform (Like Kraken f.e.) earn its money when you try to export your Bitcoins from their exchange Wallet to your personal one, right?

Many thanks in advance for your Feedbaks!

Regards,
Marian
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:26:28 PM

Hi there,

I am new here and started my first aquisition of Bitcoin in august this year.
I use Electrum as a hot wallet and would like to know the followings:

-   How big is the fee I have to pay to transfer Bitcoin from Exchange to my Electrum Wallet? Is it bigger then the fee I have to pay when I want to transfer Bitcoin from my Wallet to another Wallet of a bitcoin buyer? In other words: the exchange platform (Like Kraken f.e.) earn its money when you try to export your Bitcoins from their exchange Wallet to your personal one, right?

Many thanks in advance for your Feedbaks!

Regards,
Marian

Wrong. Most exchanges take their money in some sort of sales fee.
Every time you place a trade buy/sell order, you get charged a fee (which, for most exchanges, is generally 0.2-5%).

If you click the withdraw button, it should say how much the fee is. It'll probably be around 20000satoshi at most. This covers the fee of your coins being moved from your deposit address into their cold storage account and maybe some sort of profit/insurance on the coins they store can come fom that as well.
Tandros (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:46:24 PM

Thanks jackg for your fast response.

I bought my coins from Bitcoin.de and indeed I paied a fee to them when I made the transaction.

Now I transfered my bitcoins from Bitcoin.de to my electrum hot wallet on my computer and they made me pay another fee: arround 15€ for 150€ transfered amount.

So I concluded that the exchange platforms make you pay buy buying somthing on their platform and by witdrawal to your/other personal wallet.

So it is realy like this that the above mentioned fees are much bigger then the fee I have to pay when I find someone private that I want to sed money to?  I mean from my hot wallet to his one...

And another thing; when I want to sell my cois from my hot wallet to put them back on the onlie platform: is there a fee again? is it a big one or is it the normal fee we pay to the miners for doing their job?

BR,
Marian
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:54:13 PM

Thanks jackg for your fast response.

I bought my coins from Bitcoin.de and indeed I paied a fee to them when I made the transaction.

Now I transfered my bitcoins from Bitcoin.de to my electrum hot wallet on my computer and they made me pay another fee: arround 15€ for 150€ transfered amount.

So I concluded that the exchange platforms make you pay buy buying somthing on their platform and by witdrawal to your/other personal wallet.

So it is realy like this that the above mentioned fees are much bigger then the fee I have to pay when I find someone private that I want to sed money to?  I mean from my hot wallet to his one...

And another thing; when I want to sell my cois from my hot wallet to put them back on the onlie platform: is there a fee again? is it a big one or is it the normal fee we pay to the miners for doing their job?

BR,
Marian

You should probably change your exchange.

15 Euro just to withdraw 150 Euro in Bitcoins is a rediculous price to pay.

I'd suggest looking at other platforms such as Coinbase (1% fee and small transaction fees). There are other exchanges that will accept Euros (Even using an american exchange and converting it to Dollars first is probably cheaper than paying what is probably a total of around 20 Euros just to get 150 Euros into your account). As the price is rising, you'll probably see that money increase in value though again and get the 150 Euros you once purchased.

You'll have to check with that exchange to see if there are any fees putting the coins back in.

I know most exchanges won't charge for you to deposit coins into it. There will of course be a lower price for it to sell it than to buy though (at any one point in time).
Tandros (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:29:05 PM

what do you say about Kraken? I heard it works with euros and the fees are not that high.

It works also with Fidor Bank where I have my account. Is it trustable?

Of Course Bitcoin.de is one of the best and secure here in Germany and it has its preis for that. I find though the fees much too high...
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:36:26 PM

what do you say about Kraken? I heard it works with euros and the fees are not that high.

It works also with Fidor Bank where I have my account. Is it trustable?

Of Course Bitcoin.de is one of the best and secure here in Germany and it has its preis for that. I find though the fees much too high...

Yes, Kraken is said to be good. There are many people using them and according to their website registration, they are from the US ref.

I'd say they were fairly trustworthy.
Tandros (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:07:37 PM

I guess I'll do like this:

- I will maintain my Bitcoin.de account due to their trustabillity and seriousness (they have 0,5% Fee)
- I will create an account by Kraken (0,3% Fee)

..and when I want to buy or sell smth I will check both of them to see where is the best deal.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: