Bitcoin Forum
August 14, 2024, 05:25:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help needed with mining.  (Read 646 times)
chuck732 (OP)

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:11:19 PM

I hope I am not breaking any rules ask for help. I want to mine Zcash. I have a rig I'm almost done building. What I need help with is understanding how to connect to pools. What pools.

Thank you for any help.
chuck732 (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:48:41 PM

There must be someone that can help.
Ben271286

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

I love this Game!

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:01:23 PM

please help yourself and use the search function...or simply use google...this question is surely not asked the first time! invest time and please do your research before you asked such a question....btw i guess there are a lot of youtube guides leading you step by step..
Kronny

Activity: 137

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:09:37 PM

Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1707546.0
pool: https://zcash.flypool.org/

I buy private Nvidia miners.  PM me.
chuck732 (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:45:53 PM

That only works if you know what your looking for. But being so new to this I do not no or even understand what to heck I need to do. Huh

please help yourself and use the search function...or simply use google...this question is surely not asked the first time! invest time and please do your research before you asked such a question....btw i guess there are a lot of youtube guides leading you step by step..
Ultegra134

Activity: 1652
Merit: 821

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:40:34 PM

You were quoted with a downloadable miner and pool to mine ZCash, just download the miner, edit the .bat or config file with your ZCash address and the ZCash pool, whatever it requires, check the instructions. Then, create an account on that pool, it's not too much.
If it does seem too much for you and want an easy solution, use Nicehash, payment is in BTC though, you won't get any ZCash in your hands.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Ben271286

I love this Game!

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:41:07 AM

That only works if you know what your looking for. But being so new to this I do not no or even understand what to heck I need to do. Huh

you want to know how to mine zcash....isnt that what you are looking for??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nY6zuaka78
there are a lot of videos like this...keep on watching to start learning what u are doing...everybody started a a nuub so invest time to improve your knowledge!
chuck732 (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:18:35 AM

Thank you. I finally figured it out when Kronny posted the flypool link.

you want to know how to mine zcash....isnt that what you are looking for??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nY6zuaka78
there are a lot of videos like this...keep on watching to start learning what u are doing...everybody started a a nuub so invest time to improve your knowledge!
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:15:59 AM

there is a project on this forum called SimpleMining, it is actually really nice and helps resolve most issues ever from the aspect of a newbie miner! it supplies everything needed.go ahead and look it up.
kuttysark420

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:24:30 PM

i agree but.. look around too.
jasonbourne212

Activity: 150

JASON BOURNE

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 03:15:29 AM

Why would you not just answer the question?  Insulting the guy I think is smarter....

I don't have much experience, however I do know that you can buy "shares" of the ViaBTC mining pool....  This lets them do all the work, take a small fee and payout per share (I think each is $180? or so)

If you already have your own, go to Slushpool, For some reason I think it will walk you through step by step, and not be arrogant, or get mad that you did "find out somewhere else.." 

Sorry I couldnt be more help, I don't have any experience mining....

BTCCC
jasonbourne212

Activity: 150

JASON BOURNE

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 03:17:47 AM

Ohhhh i read the replies after that first idiots response, and they seem to be much more helpful so disregard what I said.....

Hope it works out:)

BTCCC
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 03:28:25 AM

there is a project on this forum called SimpleMining, it is actually really nice and helps resolve most issues ever from the aspect of a newbie miner! it supplies everything needed.go ahead and look it up.

So how does your research turned out to? have you successfully run your miners? how much hashrate are you getting?
Ben271286

I love this Game!

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:06:47 PM

Ohhhh i read the replies after that first idiots response, and they seem to be much more helpful so disregard what I said.....

Hope it works out:)

thanks for calling me an idiot! Grin
posts like mine help ppl maybe getting into the right direction...learning about how to do research...i think this is essential as member on this forum!
its not meant bad and as you saw other ppl helped him with links...so he wont be lost!
saga-crypto

Activity: 289

SAGA Developer

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 01:15:14 PM

Yes, I also mine at flypool for zcash as this is one of the highest hashrate in mining zcash, I usually will search most hashrate pool for particular coin, at least it is fast to get the share distribution. I don't want to wait one or two days to get the share, because I will switch to new coin which I think potential sometimes.

jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 01:18:12 PM

Nanopool pretty much has everything you need. You can download the miner and generate a config file directly from their website. Low fees too.
Here it is: http://nanopool.org

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: