Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:26:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My whole portfolio is red  (Read 2040 times)
ahoenk

Activity: 1246
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:57:13 PM

thats good for you then you can learn how crypto world works, buy coin with many fud, dont buy coin with too many hype, i learn it from 3 years  go and always got a good profit with this trick

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
zeroarmy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:44:13 PM

Same with Sia here. Bought in 2-3 weeks before the announcement of Obelisk  Tongue
There has been a blood bath the last 2 month. It's already getting better again, just HODL and buy cheap.

sweetbet

Activity: 961
Merit: 110

SweetBet.com

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 09:12:04 PM

My portfolio is also in the red. I'm just waiting for that big wave to pick them all up.

Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:29:09 PM

-snip-

Ether or bitcoin are the strong ones to have in your portfolio, but the total amount of these two is only around 42% in your portfolio. It could be 60-65% I think. And neo is very risky to hold, I would sell them instead of letting it be the 34% of my portfolio.

Waves and ltc are good choices. Shift, I don't know.
I will also suggest him to increase the percentage of bitcoins to at least 30. Bitcoins are currently setting new records and under such circumstances, it is really not wise to keep few bitcoins in the wallet. Eth is doing well among altcoins. Neo is as you said risky to hold nowadays. Waves are second to eth and I guess increasing its percentage will also be a good move.
Sikka157

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:40:41 PM

-snip-

Ether or bitcoin are the strong ones to have in your portfolio, but the total amount of these two is only around 42% in your portfolio. It could be 60-65% I think. And neo is very risky to hold, I would sell them instead of letting it be the 34% of my portfolio.

Waves and ltc are good choices. Shift, I don't know.
I will also suggest him to increase the percentage of bitcoins to at least 30. Bitcoins are currently setting new records and under such circumstances, it is really not wise to keep few bitcoins in the wallet. Eth is doing well among altcoins. Neo is as you said risky to hold nowadays. Waves are second to eth and I guess increasing its percentage will also be a good move.
I understand what you are saying but Eth and Neo is high because their price increased so much. I have 6x profit on Eth and 3x on Neo. I dont want to sell Eth because it is like the queen of cryptocurrency, bitcoin being the king. Neo because it is only getting started and i plan on holdong it for at least a year. I believe Neo will get to $100 much faster than bitcoin to $7000.
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:35:26 PM

Yep, my portfolio is currently red too. Especially QRL (Quantum Resistance Ledger) is a dire case for me, but that's more because I foolishly bought at the top. Waves is the 'least red' for me at this moment; a modest rise in value could be enough for me to brake even or even get a small profit. I'm sure things will improve again on the longer term.
berrygood

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 08:11:35 PM

My portfolio is also red  Cry but I hope altcoins will rise soon. Ico craziness, bitcoin cash, segwit and lots of new ico everday. All they want is just more coin more money...

efx

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:13:30 PM

Just hold on and stay at your coins, i think the time for altcoins is near Smiley
jahead

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:29:25 PM

Just hold on and stay at your coins, i think the time for altcoins is near Smiley

ive got the same feeling, sometimes its depress people to see a long time red zone, but just wait longer and things will get fine! Smiley
Orias67

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:24:27 PM

ive got the same feeling, sometimes its depress people to see a long time red zone, but just wait longer and things will get fine! Smiley

I agree, a lot of altcoins are going to rise even if it takes some years. That's why holding seems to be the best, whatever you hold.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
SilArt

Activity: 170

Semux!

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:38:04 PM

The only thing that is higher that I bought is BAT which I bought at $0.16. What about you?

NOTE: Don't tell me not to worry, because this is temporary. I know that.

I feel like the situation is better now. Are some positions green now? Lots of altcoins recovered.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:29:21 AM

My overall portfolio went x6 in the past 3 months. Didn't close positions early enough during the market drawback and could've invested more in obvious winners such as Monaco. I've also missed out on Neo entirely because I forgot to research it for some reason. Only one position lost me some money (DGB) and I've shorted two positions too early (QTUM at $11 and Ark at $1,3).
Looking for another x3-7 by the end of this year after rebalancing. Fingers crossed.
Kmdr

Activity: 103
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:14:03 AM

I'm curious as to why people think NEO is risky to hold?

↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️ EXTRADECOIN ↗️ The Exchange for Trader and Gamer ↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️
Trade and Play [ https://extradecoin.com ]
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:16:28 AM

I'm curious as to why people think NEO is risky to hold?
Because it massively pumped already. It's more likely that it'll decline in the coming months than for it to remain stable or keep climbing. Of course, nobody knows what will happen and they could keep going up since it's a very popular project. Statistically savvy investors would likely rebalance their portfolio and move at least some parts ouf of NEO though.
949miner

Activity: 448

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:18:24 AM

Yeah that is temporary, but which altcoins have you bought? Only the sh*tty altcoins are down, the strongest ones are going up, like waves, neo, ripple, eth, monero, etc. I have those on my portfolio and i am happy because they all are green.
I suggest you to make a better research before you buy altcoins, it is difficult to choose only one, but your money depends on that.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:23:00 PM

Well its common thing. You should smell good entry and exit points in cryptocurrencies. Therefore its still hard to realize when sell orders are incoming.

This happens all the time especially to newer people but on the plus side that's something that can come back very quickly and turn around without you even touching it. It's simply something that could indicate a dip or could indicate time to get out you never know. Take a look and see what happens.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
tanghere02

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:29:30 PM

It is true that it is only temporary but it also depends on the coins you bought, because if you bought coins that are low even before the hardfork happened then for sure it will go down even more but there were coins that stayed stable too so not all coins on my end were red of course.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
Geoff999

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:33:43 PM

If your portfolio is in the red, just sit back and wait a month - the markets change fast, as long as the project has a good dev team and community it will only rise in time.
DigitalLemming

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:35:18 PM

Best things too do is to hold and not look at it so frequently. If I watch week by week it is enough to make me feel sick at the thought of how much money I could have made if I bought or sold. Problem is it's easy to know what to do after it's already happened.
ccowl

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 05:38:39 PM

Sometimes it helps to look at your portfolio using USD instead of BTC. Usually then it looks more green when BTC is spiking and altcoins are falling =)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: